The Ultimate Fighter 6 : Team Hughes vs Team Serra

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The Ultimate Fighter 6 : Team Hughes vs Team Serra
Next Page »
Ultimate_fighter
6/15/07 12:11:49AM
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER 6

Past TUF Winners
TUF 1 :
LHW - Forrest Griffin (vs Stephan Bonnar)
MW - Diego Sanchez (vs Kenny Florian)
TUF 2 :
WW - Joe Stevenson(vs Luke Cummo)
HW - Rashad Evans (vs Brad Imes)
TUF 3 :
MW - Kendall Grove(vs Ed Herman)
LHW - Michael Bisping (vs Josh Haynes)
TUF 4 :
WW - Matt Serra (vs Chris Lytle)
MW - Travis Lutter (vs Patrick Cote)
TUF 5 :
LW - Nate Diaz (vs Manvel Gamburyan)

Team Hughes Coaches :
Matt Hughes - Head Coach
Robbie Lawler
Matt Pena
Marc Fiore

Team Hughes Fighters
Dan Barrera (0-1)
Blake Bowman (0-1)
Mac Danzig (3-0)
Paul Georgieff (0-1)
Billy Miles (0-1)
Dorian Price (0-1)
Jared Rollins (0-1)
Tommy Speer (3-0)

Team Serra Coaches :
Matt Serra - Head Coach
Pete "Drago" Sell
Ray Longo

Team Serra Fighters
Joe Scarola (0-1)
George Sotiropoulos (2-1)
Matt Arroyo (2-0)
John Kolosci (1-2)
Ben Saunders (1-0)
Roman Mitichyan (0-0)
Troy Mandaloniz (1-1)
Richie Hightower (1-1)
Jon Koppenhaver (0-1)

PRELIM FIGHTS

Episode 1 Results
Team Hughes Picks Fight:
Mac Danzig(Hughes) vs Joe Scarola(Serra)
Roman Mitichyan broke his elbow and is replaced by Jon Koppenhaver.
Team Hughes : 1 Team Serra : 0
Episode 2 Results
Team Serra Picks Fight:
Dorian Price(Hughes) vs Matt Arroyo(Serra)
Team Hughes : 1 Team Serra : 1
Episode 3 Results
Team Hughes Picks Fight:
Billy Miles(Hughes) vs John Kolosci (Serra)
Scarola leaves the house.
Team Hughes: 1 Team Serra: 2
Episode 4 Results
Team Serra Picks Fight:
Blake Bowman(Hughes) vs Richie Hightower (Serra)
Team Hughes: 1 Team Serra: 3
Episode 5 Results
Team Hughes Picks Fight:
Paul Georgieff(Hughes) vs Troy Mandaloniz (Serra)
Paul Georgieff gets news from home, saying that one of his relatives has passed. Dana allows Paul to fly home to the funeral only if he fights before he leaves.
Team Hughes: 1 Team Serra: 4
Episode 6 Results
Team Serra Picks Fight:
Dan Barrera(Hughes) vs Ben Saunders(Serra)
They left it to the judges. The judges said that Dan Barrera lost the first round 10-8! Barrera clearly won that round, he even dropped Saunders.
Serra gains the ability to decide the quarter final match-ups.
Team Hughes: 1 Team Serra: 5
Episode 7 Results
Team Hughes Picks Fight:
Jared Rollins(Hughes) vs George Sotiropoulos(Serra)
Matt Hughes, frustrated after five straight losses, goes off on his team and Dan Barrera and nearly walks off the show.
Team Hughes: 1 Team Serra: 6
Episode 8 Results
Fight:
Tommy Speer (Hughes) vs Jon Koppenhaver(Serra)1
Team Hughes: 2 Team Serra: 6
QUARTER FINAL FIGHTS
Episode 9 Results
Fight:
Mac Danzig(Hughes) vs John Koloski (Serra)
Richie Hightower and Matt Arroyo are moved over to Team Hughes for rebalancing.
Team Hughes: 3 Team Serra: 6
Episode 10 Results
Fight:
Matt Arroyo(Serra) vs Troy Mandaloniz(Serra)
George Sotiropoulos(Serra) vs Richie Hightower(Serra)
Team Hughes: 3 Team Serra: 8
Episode 11 Results
Fight:
Tommy Speer(Hughes) vs Ben Saunders(Serra)
Team Hughes:4 Team Serra: 8
SEMI FINAL FIGHTS
Episode 12 Results
Fights:
Mac Danzig(Hughes) vs Jon Kolosci(Serra)
Tommy Speer(Hughes) vs George Sotiropoulos(Serra)
Matt Arroyo is has a rib injury can't fight Danzig, so Jon Kolosci steps up to the plate. Danzig and Speer are both of Team Hughes Fighters, "It's not who wins in the begining, its who wins in the end!"
Team Hughes: 6 Team Serra: 8
FINAL FIGHT
Tommy Speer vs Mac Danzig

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Northrend
6/15/07 3:19:52AM
Damn man Mac Danzig is a pretty good fighter, alot of people will think he isn't that good because of his Pride 33 fight but he is pretty good. Sakurai is just a monster. I might even pick Danzig to win it.
hippysmacker
6/15/07 9:56:57AM

Posted by Northrend

Damn man Mac Danzig is a pretty good fighter, alot of people will think he isn't that good because of his Pride 33 fight but he is pretty good. Sakurai is just a monster. I might even pick Danzig to win it.

I like Danzig too, but he's really a 155 pounder, if I was gonna put a Pride LW that I knew spoke English it would be Melendez. I'd like to see all 16 before I start making definite predictions, but here's a plausible one if they really do close down Pride. Even though he would also be small at that weight , if they put Melendez on the show he would have to be a possible favorite. Hey, Manny was the smallest guy this season and he made the final. Florian fought 2 weight classes up. Stevenson/Diego/Koshcheck/Swick /RAshad were all better suited to lower weight classes, and have had some success. 3 of them actually won TUF.Just an idea of course
kaduey
6/15/07 10:25:04AM
Danzig is a great fighter but I'll have to wait and see what kind of other fighters are on this upcoming season.
thepunisher
6/15/07 11:00:55AM
I want to see who else is on the show before i say something

if Dnazig was on TUF 5 i would say he would win that one
ProfessorChaos
6/16/07 10:11:48PM
How does everyone think the coaches are going coach?

Jens was all about conditioning while BJ was more rolling.

Ultimate_fighter
6/16/07 10:25:38PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

How does everyone think the coaches are going coach?

Jens was all about conditioning while BJ was more rolling.

Matt hughes for sure wresting and boxing... and matt serra submissions and boxing
jdubs
6/16/07 11:01:18PM
hughes and serra!?!?! oh shit son!!!
Northrend
6/17/07 1:36:44AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Northrend

I like Danzig too, but he's really a 155 pounder, if I was gonna put a Pride LW that I knew spoke English it would be Melendez. I'd like to see all 16 before I start making definite predictions, but here's a plausible one if they really do close down Pride. Even though he would also be small at that weight , if they put Melendez on the show he would have to be a possible favorite. Hey, Manny was the smallest guy this season and he made the final. Florian fought 2 weight classes up. Stevenson/Diego/Koshcheck/Swick /RAshad were all better suited to lower weight classes, and have had some success. 3 of them actually won TUF.Just an idea of course

Oh this is WW? lol thought it was LW..and yeah I agree Melendez would be a better pick but I think he is above the TUF skill level. He beat Kawajiri and Sato allready he deserves to be fighting in the UFC..not a thing to get into the UFC.
MattHughesFan
6/17/07 2:21:19AM
i'm gonna wait for the rest of the roster b4 i make a prediction, i'm kinda angry that this season is just gonna be WW, i mean thats the one division in the UFC that truly needs no buffing up + we have to wait for the season to end b4 the coaches fight which sucks to, well as long as theres a free fight on once a week i guess that makes up for it, obviously I'll be rooting for Hughes' team but i hope this season turns out good and i'm wondering how much hostility theres going to be between Hughes and serra
Ultimate_fighter
6/17/07 12:59:05PM
Yea, personally guys, i dont like serra or hughes, so i ain't to excited of the fight they are gonna have. But whoever wins, GSP is gonna clean up on. Its gonna be great.
"THE NEW UFC WW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, GEORGE ST PIERRE!!!"
The_Metal_Maniac
6/17/07 4:31:03PM
I think Danzig is the just the first of many interesting selections for this show. I can't see Melendez being selected for this show. He's so far above TUF level. He defiantly deserves to be fighting in the UFC. He would be a threat in the LW division.
ProfessorChaos
6/17/07 5:19:59PM
When is this scheduled to start airing on television?
Sam_Rothstein
6/17/07 6:58:49PM
i can't wait to see who all makes it on the show. would also be cool if hughes brought some guys from miletech and serra brought a few from his camp
Meg
6/18/07 2:26:00PM
Hughes FTW.
MattHughesFan
6/18/07 4:13:48PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

When is this scheduled to start airing on television?

I'm not to sure when it's gonna start airing on TV but it will probably be around late August b/c they just started taping the show last week.
cowcatcher
6/18/07 5:11:33PM

Posted by MattHughesFan

i'm gonna wait for the rest of the roster b4 i make a prediction, i'm kinda angry that this season is just gonna be WW, i mean thats the one division in the UFC that truly needs no buffing up

i completely agree that WW is already more than solid, i really would like to see a MW show to infuse some new talent into that division.
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 6:02:29PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by MattHughesFan

i'm gonna wait for the rest of the roster b4 i make a prediction, i'm kinda angry that this season is just gonna be WW, i mean thats the one division in the UFC that truly needs no buffing up

i completely agree that WW is already more than solid, i really would like to see a MW show to infuse some new talent into that division.

Definitely a good idea... I was never really sold on the Serra / Hughes coaching thing...

MW would definitley be the way to go... I would like to see Rich and another contender coach it... I'd say Rich and Tanner, but I don't think enough people want to see that rematch... I really can't think of another fighter that is established enough to put as a coach?
ProfessorChaos
6/18/07 6:07:40PM
After Henderson gets the LHW belt he can go against franklin to have MW and LHW in Pride and UFC.
Ultimate_fighter
6/19/07 8:55:28PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

After Henderson gets the LHW belt he can go against franklin to have MW and LHW in Pride and UFC.

Thats funny, bro. Henderson aint getting the belt... RAMPAGE 3RD TKO/KO!!!
Naturaldisaster
6/19/07 9:39:51PM
Hendo isn't going to be aloud to fight in two weight classes in ufc. dana already talked about that. He's gonna be a LHW and thats it
ProfessorChaos
6/19/07 10:02:06PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Hendo isn't going to be aloud to fight in two weight classes in ufc. dana already talked about that. He's gonna be a LHW and thats it

Oh damn I never saw that. Link?
StorminYourman
6/20/07 4:12:36AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

i can't wait to see who all makes it on the show. would also be cool if hughes brought some guys from miletech and serra brought a few from his camp

I think Serra will be bringing on Ray Longo and Drago. I also heard that Frank Trigg offered to be an assistant coach to Matt S.
ncordless
6/20/07 11:02:41AM

Posted by roncomanjason

I think Danzig is the just the first of many interesting selections for this show. I can't see Melendez being selected for this show. He's so far above TUF level. He defiantly deserves to be fighting in the UFC. He would be a threat in the LW division.

Yes, Melendez is far above TUF level, however I for one wouldn't mind at all if the raised the level of the fighters in TUF.
KYGUY07
6/22/07 4:41:56PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Oh damn I never saw that. Link?

JUST LOOK AT THE UFC 72 PRESS CONFERENCE
ProfessorChaos
6/22/07 5:15:29PM
Instead of using caps you can use a link to prove your point.
taz3423
6/23/07 4:11:35AM
I remember seeing/hearing somewhere that the Show started filming after Serra's Wedding/Honeymoon which was shortly after his fight with GSP. I also remember it airing in September sometime and then the fight would be in November possibly in New Jersey giving Serra some hometown love.

If they do want to bring in WW fighters they need to bring in people who can compete straight out of the show as opposed to what they have done with past TUF fighters. WW is already beyond deep and if they just throw in some TUF guys into it they will get lost in the shuffle. Moving down in weight won't help their cause either seeing as how LW is becoming nearly as deep as well.

I would also enjoy some more fighters from different countries. I think the Brits in season 3 really added to the chemistry of the show.
BigTomZ
6/23/07 12:40:57PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see both coaches bring in a some guest coaches during the season. I know Matt Serra said Renzo Gracie was too busy to do the season with him, but maybe he can get him down there for a couple days.
nibrack11
6/23/07 7:24:34PM
danzig is good but im going to have to wait until i know all the fighters then ill make my decision but i think danzig might take it or he might not be good in WW but i think he will do good.
DMcCabe11
6/26/07 2:24:35PM
does anybody have info on the second rumored contestant johnny hendricks ive never heard of him
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7