Ultimate Fighter 16 Sidegame

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » Ultimate Fighter 16 Sidegame
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Bubbles
9/17/12 8:48:41PM
haha I was just picking him for fun, like James Vick last season. But hey if it gets me back in I'm all for it
shaneTpain
9/17/12 8:50:58PM
Heres what the updated bracket looks like:

Team Carwin

Sam Alvey (Budgellism)
Bristol Marunde (infestructure)
Mike Ricci (Franklinfan47)
Neil Magny (Rabi)
James Chaney (Sparky)
Eddie Ellis (Poor_Franklin)
Igor Araujo (Twenty20Dollars)
Matt Secor (Warrior5368)

Team Nelson

Dom Waters (Calitrees)
Michael Hill (shaneTpain)
Cameron Diffley (TheBudCan)
Colton Smith (JJeans)
Jon Manley (Bubbles)
Nic Herron-Webb (danclarke1992)
Joey Rivera (Pmoney)
Julian Lane (voodoo-jitsu)
Rabi
9/22/12 6:39:34AM
Wuhoo, I just kicked TBC's ass, I was really suprised with how bad Cameron looked in that fight.

Bring on the Semi's
Franklinfan47
9/22/12 11:03:43AM
Just goes to show good coaching does not = good fighting. Shawn Tompkins (RIP) had a terrible mma record but was a top mma coach. Looks like Dom Waters is the biter I mentioned. "Pink is the colour of pussy, thats why we like it" haha Julian Lane seems like a punk.

Also, cant wait for my boy Ricci to kick some prankster ass!
shaneTpain
9/22/12 11:47:49AM
Update : Team Carwin takes the first fight with a solid UD by Rabi's second pick Neil Magny. TheBudCan's BJJ ace Cameron Diffley is the first fighter eliminated.

Thoughts : Cameron Diffley disappointed me. This guy didn't shut up about how hes from the fight capital of the world & how he taught Forrest Griffin some jitz & then he gets put inside the cage with a guy (who secretly had some internal bruising!) & he freezes up like hes fightin Sub-zero! I'm getting tired of these guys who think because they have mastered one art they don't have to worry about any other aspect of the sport. PLUSSSS Diffley had an ankle lock & he didn't even secure it! I imagine Palhares smashed his TV set immediately.

Team Carwin
Sam Alvey (Budgellism)
Neil Magny (Rabi)
James Chaney (Sparky)
Matt Secor (Warrior5368)

Team Nelson
Dom Waters (Calitrees)
Colton Smith (JJeans)
Jon Manley (Bubbles)
Joey Rivera (Pmoney)
Budgellism
9/28/12 10:11:13PM
Nice, my guy Alvey is fighting tonight and judging by first impressions, Joey Rivera has nothing to offer him.
shaneTpain
9/28/12 10:31:45PM

Posted by Budgellism

Nice, my guy Alvey is fighting tonight and judging by first impressions, Joey Rivera has nothing to offer him.

no doubt Budge. i think this is Alveys season in fact
Budgellism
9/28/12 10:41:59PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Budgellism

Wow, I really ate my words there in that 1st round. Joey Rivera absolutely has something to offer Alvey. A lot actually.
Budgellism
9/28/12 10:54:22PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Budgellism

Wow, I really ate my words there in that 1st round. Joey Rivera absolutely has something to offer Alvey. A lot actually.

Man, I'm floored.
shaneTpain
9/28/12 10:56:40PM
HOLY CHIT!!! I guess we jinxed it bro.

What an upset!
Budgellism
9/28/12 10:58:03PM
Rivera threw some serious right head kicks in that fight. Unforunately, Alvey didn't have an answer. He ate several of them very cleanly.
Rabi
9/29/12 5:44:57AM
Wow, what a shocker, I really thought Sam was the one to watch, those head kicks were good, I scored it 19-19, but rd2 was very close. Rivera clearly took rd 1 though.
Franklinfan47
9/29/12 10:45:07AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Budgellism

Man, I'm floored.

Thats karma Budge Fate wouldnt let you beat P$ twice in one night.

Seriously though, quite an upset.
Budgellism
9/29/12 11:08:29AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Budgellism

Man, I'm floored.

Thats karma Budge Fate wouldnt let you beat P$ twice in one night.

Seriously though, quite an upset.

We've got an AV bet this morning as well so I guess this is only fitting

Good luck P$
Bubbles
9/29/12 11:27:26AM
it would have been 19-19 but that headkick and TD stole Rivera the round. What a great performance by "Blue Balls " Rivera.

that is the first time I have ever heard of someone intentionally giving himself blue balls. I almost wanted him to lose because of it lol but it works for him. Me, I'd be wacking it 2x the night before and while getting taped up to ease the stress
shaneTpain
9/30/12 12:19:52AM
Update : Team Nelson takes the 2nd fight with a crazy upset of Budge's pick & Season 16 favorite Smilin' Sam Alvey via middle aged blue ball enthusiast Joey Rivera. Rivera (& his super thin mustache/goatee combo) & Pmoney advance in the TUF 16 tourney.

Thoughts : Anyone else keep mixing up the TUF 16 fighters & the TUF Smashes fighters? I thought Sam Alvey was fighting The Freakshow for more then half the episode... Great episode by the way. For the first 45 minutes all the fighters talk about how bad Sam is gonnna destroy Joey............. & then he doesnt! I personally love a good upset & I am officially a Joey Rivera fan now. He looks sort of like Phil Baroni, body shape & goatee style. Way to go Joe!! Although I do feel a little bad for Sam. I hope he stays healthy so we can see him win a fight on the season finale.
PS: I wanna see more Pat Barry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Carwin
Sam Alvey (Budgellism)
Neil Magny (Rabi)
James Chaney (Sparky)
Matt Secor (Warrior5368)

Team Nelson
Dom Waters (Calitrees)
Colton Smith (JJeans)
Jon Manley (Bubbles)
Joey Rivera (Pmoney)
Rabi
9/30/12 4:11:39AM
Does any one else notice that the unlikeable guys are all on team Nelson, there are 3 guys I don't like:

Colton Smith (didn't like the fake hand touch)
Nic Herron-Webb ( what a dick head, heard I'd being considerate)
Julian Lane ( looks like the Junie Browning of this season).

JLS1980
10/1/12 2:50:20PM

Posted by Rabi

Does any one else notice that the unlikeable guys are all on team Nelson, there are 3 guys I don't like:

Colton Smith (didn't like the fake hand touch)
Nic Herron-Webb ( what a dick head, heard I'd being considerate)
Julian Lane ( looks like the Junie Browning of this season).

I did notice this too. Colton Smith doesn't bother me nearly as much as Herron- Webb and Julian (Hi I have a Red Mohawk) Lane. Lane bothers me the most by far though. I actually can't wait until someone KO's him and humbles him.

I was kind of hoping they match up Mike Ricci against Herron-Webb and Colton Smith against Secor. Not for strategy but just for entertainment purposes.

Also routing for Mike Ricci (Tristar- Gsp and Rory MacDonald fan) a true 155er. Plus it'll make Daron Cruickshank look that much better since Cruickshank beat Ricci last year in a 5 Round Decision.
shaneTpain
10/7/12 1:07:14PM
Update : Good news fellas! Infestructure's Bristol Marunde boots voodoo-jitsu's Julian Lane out of the tourney with a lackluster ud.

Thoughts : I don't know how Julian Lane made it into the house in the first place.. The dude didnt know how to circle!!! He just backs up until he hits the cage & then throws sloppy flurries. Looks like he gets drunk & pissed off in the next episode, which is strange because I thought he'd be happy to have alot of free time to work on his mohawk.

Team Carwin
Sam Alvey (Budgellism)
Neil Magny (Rabi)
James Chaney (Sparky)
Matt Secor (Warrior5368)

Team Nelson
Dom Waters (Calitrees)
Colton Smith (JJeans)
Jon Manley (Bubbles)
Joey Rivera (Pmoney)
Rabi
10/7/12 1:18:43PM
Theme of this season, coaches cant pick winable fights for there fighters.
jakewalters
10/7/12 6:13:55PM

Posted by Rabi

Theme of this season, coaches cant pick winable fights for there fighters.

Seriously wtf. Idk where these coaches' heads are at
jjeans
10/7/12 7:56:31PM
My current thoughts are that the best fighters are Neil Magny and Mike Ricci

Given the airtime Ricci's gotten I think he's in the final... Hard to say who he'll be fighting though
Franklinfan47
10/8/12 3:36:04PM
Seems like the theme of this season has been boredom. Was happy to see Julian lose though.
shaneTpain
10/13/12 9:33:56AM
update: danclarke1992s Nic Heron Webb gets the boot via Twenty20Dollars token Brazilian Igor Araujo.

thoughts: what the fuck was Dana crying about? there was absolutely no need for a 3rd round. Igor dominated, switching from back mount to full mount for 5 minutes straight in what was clearly a 10-8 round. Nic rallied back for 30 seconds in the 2nd & thats about it. shut the fuck up dana for god sakes please.sometimes i think he just needs to bitch about something every episode. also i'm beginning to believe this is the worst TUF cast in the shows history. past seasons have always had a couple of douche bags & a couple of knuckle heads but there was always a few genuinely nice fellas who you could relate to & root for. but this season just seems to consist of jackasses so far.

team carwin in the lead

Team Carwin
Neil Magny (Rabi)
James Chaney (Sparky)
Matt Secor (Warrior5368)

Team Nelson
Dom Waters (Calitrees)
Colton Smith (JJeans)
Jon Manley (Bubbles)
Joey Rivera (Pmoney)
Franklinfan47
10/13/12 1:22:08PM
Agreed. The only thing worse than the fights are the fighters attitudes.

Secor is a dick, throwing a fart in someones face and then acting like he didnt do anything. Part of me wanted to see Julian punch him. Webb can also suck a dick.
Rabi
10/20/12 6:57:52AM
Wow, what a fight, this is the fight OTS so far. I actually thought there should have been a third rd, also the stand up by Herb Dean was BS. Youve got to throw big shots, did he not see that state of Ellis's head and face.

After Coltons first fight I wasnt impressed, I am now.
Franklinfan47
10/20/12 12:58:51PM
Not a bad fight, but deserved a third round again.

For the first season ever Ive started fast forwarding to the last 10 minutes.
shaneTpain
10/20/12 9:51:57PM
update: the douche who faked a glove touch & dove for a TD (JJeans Colton Smith) scores the Majority nod over this seasons old man (Poor_Franks Eddie Ellis)

thoughts: Solid fight, was rooting for Eddie but you have to admit Colton is durable. He got shook a couple times by Eddie & he managed to bounce back & bust up Eddie for the whole 2nd round. It wasn't a pretty or exciting fight, in fact it wasn't even a good fight but it was one of the best bouts of the season. haha Can Carwin talk?

Team Carwin
Neil Magny (Rabi)
James Chaney (Sparky)
Matt Secor (Warrior5368)

Team Nelson
Dom Waters (Calitrees)
Colton Smith (JJeans)
Jon Manley (Bubbles)
Joey Rivera (Pmoney)
jjeans
10/22/12 2:31:24PM
Colton Joins the ranks of Dirty Blues faves - loved that fight, BS stand up in my opinion but shit happens

Next week there's a BS ref call or decision then? Personally I only see Ricci losing because of that....
Rabi
10/22/12 2:43:31PM

Posted by jjeans

Colton Joins the ranks of Dirty Blues faves - loved that fight, BS stand up in my opinion but shit happens

That standup was a joke, especially when he said about damage, did he not see the state of Ellis's head and face lol.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5