Ultimate Fighter (Lindland) threatens to sue Bob Packwood's wife

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ultimate Fighter (Lindland) threatens to sue Bob Packwood's wife
disorderlyvision
5/6/08 10:03:58PM
link
highlights from the article
Lindland said he'd heard that Thiemann's campaign consultant, Elaine Franklin (who many know as former U.S. Senator Bob Packwood's wife), told several Republican leaders that Lindland was a convicted felon.

She also stated, "Although I have a copy of your prior conviction, I have never intended to use it in my campaign and still do not."

That "prior conviction," said Lindland, was for a Class 3 misdemeanor he received as a 19-year-old while working in the produce section of a local grocery store. Lindland said he was told to throw out loads of old produce, but instead kept about $30 dollars worth.

"I thought, 'this is a waste, I've got a lot of hungry wrestlers who'll eat this stuff,' but it wasn't my produce to give away," said Lindland, who received 30 hours of community service, a year of probation and was fined $20 for the offense.

"I've asked Elaine Franklin to publicly go on the record that she knew this was a lie when she spread it," said Lindland. "If she doesn't do that within 48 hours, I'll file a defamation lawsuit against her, but I hope it doesn't come to that."

puppetmaster837
5/6/08 10:08:22PM
I actually kind of did the same thing at my old work. I worked in the kitchen at an assisted living home, and we were supposed to pay for our meals which i thought was ridiculous since i had to work 12 hour shifts sometimes. So before they threw the food out after every meal i would get some for myself and i really dont see anything wrong with doing that. Or what Lindland did. My story is a little less badass since i didnt get caught and get a huge $20 fine
SmileR
5/6/08 10:32:56PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I actually kind of did the same thing at my old work. I worked in the kitchen at an assisted living home, and we were supposed to pay for our meals which i thought was ridiculous since i had to work 12 hour shifts sometimes. So before they threw the food out after every meal i would get some for myself and i really dont see anything wrong with doing that. Or what Lindland did. My story is a little less badass since i didnt get caught and get a huge $20 fine

Haha i did pretty much the same thing! I work in Pizza hut while at uni an a couple of weeks ago got a £15 fine for taking more toppings than i was allowed!
I'll never pay that fine though an since i never signed the warning it wont come out of my wages!

I never thought i'd say this but right on Lindland!
emfleek
5/6/08 10:57:27PM
"ultimate fighter"

Jeez, I f'ing hate that.
Muay-Thai_Mogwai
5/7/08 12:36:19AM
Haha, that shit is 4 real . Financially bitch slap that ****. Props to Lindland
wolfman
5/7/08 1:34:29AM

Posted by emfleek

"ultimate fighter"

Jeez, I f'ing hate that.

Yeah, I second this.
ObsoleteMan
5/7/08 4:46:37AM
Man, he really must've really been a jerk to the manager or something. 30 hours of community service and a year of probation? For NOT throwing something out? Shit, in most states it would've been perfectly legal if he threw it out, then 'someone else' took it from the dumpster.

I'm a little tipsy, but seriously I can't get my mind around how severe that punishment was. (Granted, it's not like he did hard time, but I feel like 30 hours is a lot of time for 30 dollars. Minus the fine, that 3 hours per dollar he "stole"?) That's barely illegal. I could see him getting fired if he did it lot, but charging him? Damn.
mrsmiley
5/7/08 6:28:47AM

Yeah We've encountered that problem were I work.I work in a kitchen and in the office at a nursing home, and its crazy how much food gets thrown away.They don't like the idea of people taking any home though,so it just becomes a huge waste.
puppetmaster837
5/7/08 10:13:02AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Yeah We've encountered that problem were I work.I work in a kitchen and in the office at a nursing home, and its crazy how much food gets thrown away.They don't like the idea of people taking any home though,so it just becomes a huge waste.

That is just so dumb. When i used to work night shifts i would eat dinner and then fill containers with soup or sandwiches and take them home for snacks. The cook would ask us what we wanted packed up and he would put our food into the containers and seal them for us.
silverbullet
5/7/08 10:34:28AM
Don't mess with THE LAW
The-Don
6/16/08 2:53:57PM
as a former Chef... when I had extra food I would give it to the staff.. I'd rather it be eaten or taken home then thrown out I hope Lindland wins his election and then goes on from there perhaps to the US congress or senate... We need real men in office...