The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale salaries: Bisping ($425,000) earns top payday

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale salaries: Bisping ($425,000) earns top payday
BuffaloDave
12/5/11 2:35:58PM
Main-event winner and "The Ultimate Fighter 14" head coach Michael Bisping was the bigger winner at this past weekend's TUF 14 Finale event, and he earned $425,000 for his efforts.

The payday, which included a $150,000 win bonus, accounted for the majority of the event's $708,000 payroll.

The full TUF 14 Finale payouts includes:

Michael Bisping: $425,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus)
def. Jason "Mayhem" Miller: $45,000

Diego Brandao: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Dennis Bermudez: $8,000

John Dodson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. T.J. Dillashaw: $8,000

Tony Ferguson: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
def. Yves Edwards: $16,000

Johnny Bedford: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Louis Gaudinot: $8,000

Marcus Brimage: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Stephen Bass: $8,000

John Albert: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Dustin Pague: $8,000

Roland Delorme: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Ferguson: $8,000

Steven Siler: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Clopton: $8,000

Bryan Caraway: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Dustin Neace: $8,000

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
12/5/11 2:44:19PM
This is what I like to see. No one making less than 5k, everyone at 8k min.
pmoney
12/5/11 2:50:25PM
That is such a sad payroll. 8-16K is nothing. If you fight three times a year, you'd be better off working at Starbucks. You may have to split tips, but you don't have to give part of your salary to your co-workers.

Way to hookup the guys from arguably the best season off TUF ever Dana! Hope they made a lot more than that.
SmileR
12/5/11 2:51:05PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

This is what I like to see. No one making less than 5k, everyone at 8k min.

I'm with you, man! Nice to see the UFC paying the undercard guys some good cash! Bisping is getting a crazy amount too! Hopefully this is the start of a new trend with the UFC!
SmileR
12/5/11 2:54:39PM

Posted by pmoney

That is such a sad payroll. 8-16K is nothing. If you fight three times a year, you'd be better off working at Starbucks. You may have to split tips, but you don't have to give part of your salary to your co-workers.

Way to hookup the guys from arguably the best season off TUF ever Dana! Hope they made a lot more than that.

Have you seen how much undercard boxers make? MMA in general pays a hell of a lot more than any other combat sport for undercard fighters an the UFC is leading the way with its pay packets.

Also I'm pretty sure its the only combat sport that offers bonuses for exciting fights. I know boxers that would kill it pick up 8-16k a fight!
FlashyG
12/5/11 2:57:07PM

Posted by pmoney

I agree to a point, (I don't think there are many 50k + a year employees at Starbucks but I could be wrong)

The important thing is their pay scale has gone up, it should be higher considering what the top guys get paid but at least its moving in the right direction.
tcunningham
12/5/11 3:01:12PM
thats a crazy difference between mayhem and bisping. i though brandau made more with two bonuses? maybe im mistaken
tmas
12/5/11 3:10:35PM
before you all get your hopes up and stuff TUF guys always make 8k to show, 8k to win, so its no more then normal. There just wasnt many non TUF people fighting to make 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7k.

and Bisping is making a shit ton wow.
FlashyG
12/5/11 3:16:01PM

Posted by SmileR
Have you seen how much undercard boxers make? MMA in general pays a hell of a lot more than any other combat sport for undercard fighters an the UFC is leading the way with its pay packets.

Also I'm pretty sure its the only combat sport that offers bonuses for exciting fights. I know boxers that would kill it pick up 8-16k a fight!

They are actually eerily similar in their pay scales. Boxing's scale just progressed like it has in real life, the divide between what the top was getting vs the bottom has only gotten larger.

Thankfully the UFC appears to be trying to move things in the right direction.
pmoney
12/5/11 3:22:02PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by pmoney

That is kind of an apples and oranges comparison. Boxers have been getting fucked in the ass with a dick made of glass for some time now. The pay discrepancies in that sport are likely much larger across the board. It's a crime, but just because they are getting jacked harder doesn't mean the TUF guys aren't getting screwed as well.

While I have seen a good number of UFC cards with fighters making less money, I still don't think the fighters on this card got hooked up. If every fighter that wasn't Bisping, Miller or Ferguson made $20,000 for their fights, the payroll would still be less than Bisping's pay alone.

I understand that Bisping is one of the most successful UFC fighters there is. I understand that these guys are paying their dues. But this was, in the minds of many, the best season of TUF ever. I just hope these guys are getting compensated accordingly. Very few of them will be lucky to make 50 g's a year. After taxes, managers, training partners, etc, I hope it's worth it.

Maybe those "undisclosed bonuses" are for major cake....
ncordless
12/5/11 4:06:26PM
8k was not worth what Louis Gaudinot went through .
Budgellism
12/5/11 4:55:00PM

Posted by ncordless

8k was not worth what Louis Gaudinot went through .

Agreed
hotrodttt
12/5/11 4:55:05PM

Posted by pmoney

Seriously man, I love Dana I met him and he's a great guy, but the man who interviews these guys, Ariel Helwani most likely makes more than the fighters
Twenty20Dollars
12/5/11 7:07:10PM
Also add on whatever Bisping made from coaching TUF, which prolly includes a heafty payday, plus a car and the 10k from the coaching challenge.

I'd rather see that car money put towards the fighters. IDK if Bisping actually got a car, but I know past coaches have gotten expensive cars.
tallica62
12/5/11 7:22:19PM
I don't think Bisping is 425 k worth....I just watch UFC fights regardless because I enjoy them, but I doubt he would be that high of a draw alone to warrant that pay...but good for him...who am I to say...I make 40k for an entire year
Bubbles
12/5/11 8:14:11PM

Posted by tallica62

I don't think Bisping is 425 k worth....I just watch UFC fights regardless because I enjoy them, but I doubt he would be that high of a draw alone to warrant that pay...but good for him...who am I to say...I make 40k for an entire year

his base pay was $275k, he got the additional $125k for winning. $275k for Bisping is a fair price