"The Ultimate Fighter 14" coaches? Michael Bisping and "Mayhem" Miller

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "The Ultimate Fighter 14" coaches? Michael Bisping and "Mayhem" Miller
Next Page »
POLL: Better coach?
Bisping 19% (10)
Miller 81% (42)
FastKnockout
5/27/11 4:31:44PM
Middleweights Michael Bisping and Jason "Mayhem" Miller will serve as coaches on the upcoming 14th season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC president Dana White today confirmed the assignments with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). MMA.tv initially reported the selections.

The season begins filming in June and debuts on Spike TV in September.

Bisping (21-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC) and Miller (24-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will meet in a season-ending fight at an event to be determined.

For the time in series history, "TUF 14" is expected to feature bantamweight and featherweight fighters. A 28-man, 32-slot tournament will be used. After an elimination round of fights, an official cast of 14 fighters will be determined. Two opening-round losers then will get second life as wild-card picks who fight for the eighth spot in the quarterfinal bracket.

LINK
KungFuMaster
5/27/11 4:35:36PM
I can see Bisping and Miller going at it. I don't even know if they hate each other but their personalities will definitely result in a war of attrition.
FastKnockout
5/27/11 4:37:30PM
Feel bad for Simpson. Miller is a high profile fighter, and with that fight scratched then Simpson is just out of luck. Looking forward to this season, though. Can't wait to see Miller get under Bisping's skin.
KungFuMaster
5/27/11 4:38:22PM
I can see the line being used again. "Don't be scared, homie."
jjeans
5/27/11 4:38:38PM
Not sure about Coaching wise. But should these 2 fight, my assumption would be Bisping to be able to keep the fight standing, engage back off, engage back off, for long enough to win a decision
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/11 4:41:19PM
Might as well blow my brains out, two of the more annoying people.

freshourtc
5/27/11 4:50:50PM
This is great, two of the dumbest mouthiest fighters on one show. Mayhem via UD
Chael_Sonnen
5/27/11 5:12:29PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

This....I hope they both knock each other out
DeadHead988
5/27/11 5:13:56PM
I like Mayhem and am indifferent towards Bisping so I really don't get all the hate in this thread.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
FastKnockout
5/27/11 5:16:36PM
I'm really excited about seeing Miller on TUF. He has more of my style of humor.
CCPRIDE99
5/27/11 5:17:15PM
i expect high ratings. everybody loves mayhem
RyanC
5/27/11 5:37:49PM
Mayhem is the motherf***in man! Can't wait to see him on TUF. Easily one of my favorite characters in all of MMA, and an all around awesome dude. I think he'll be an awesome coach, and I'm guessing he and Bisping will do a fantastic job hyping this fight. Seriously looking forward to the next season of TUF, and I'm not a TUF fan.
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/11 5:40:55PM
Guess SpikeTV wants rating.

Dont know how anyone can stand an episode of bully beatdown.

Plus, we already saw how annoying Bisping can be on TUF.
Taylor8766
5/27/11 5:52:30PM
Haha awesome a cocky brit and MAYHEM!!! yes cant wait for this mayhem all day baby!!!!!!!!!
scoozna
5/27/11 5:59:24PM
This is wonderful news. This should breathe some life back into the show. I think Bisping will be a better coach, but hell, Mayhem is going to be a riot.
machodog76
5/27/11 6:03:48PM

Guess SpikeTV wants rating.

Dont know how anyone can stand an episode of bully beatdown.

I like to see bullys beat up?
emfleek
5/27/11 6:15:12PM
1 - Of course SpikeTV (and the UFC) want ratings. No TV show will survive without them.

2 - LMAO @ this...

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

This....I hope they both knock each other out

Chael_Sonnen
5/27/11 6:22:18PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

I don't
Budgellism
5/27/11 6:26:56PM
That's actually a really good combo for coaches. Now if they can somehow get some decent fighters on the show we'll be in for a good season.
sbulldavid
5/27/11 7:34:02PM
I think Mayhem will be a solid coach, I don't think he'll beat Bisping but it should be pretty good fight.
VILLIN
5/27/11 7:39:16PM
This has the potential to be the most annoying season of TUF ever just because of the coaches. Imagine how rotten it will be if they land an annoying fighter or two as well.
BigBadAl
5/27/11 8:05:09PM
Whatever the season goes like I think this is a really interesting match up. A fight I really want to see.
finnish_line
5/27/11 8:50:39PM
So this is only a #1 contender fight if Bisping wins, right?

They can't give Mayhem a title shot with a win here.
Franklinfan47
5/27/11 9:02:05PM
Surprised by this pick. As has been said, they must be trying to pull in more viewers.
TeamDEY
5/27/11 10:29:25PM
this is a stupid pick for coaches... i won't be watching
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/11 11:29:49PM
As expected, Mayhem vs A-train Simpson if off due to Mayhem's coaching duties.

I mean, I guess this had to be done to draw in viewers considering this current season isnt much of a draw with the fighters and coaches. UFC/Spike prolly want coaches that hate each other or along that line.

Penn/Pulver, Ortiz/Shammy & Ortiz, GSP/Kos, Hughes/Serra, Rampage/Evans, Hendo/Bisping.

Dont know if I'm excited for there fight either, but at least I wont have to hear them talk when they fight.
prozacnation1978
5/28/11 2:05:53AM
interesting
bjj1605
5/28/11 3:13:46AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by CCPRIDE99

I don't

Then you're wrong.

TUF is a reality show. These guys will bring the drama. I expect a major ratings rebound.
zstajerski
5/28/11 7:43:37AM
gotta go with Mayhem, coaching and fight wise :) war mayhem.. and i also look forward to seeing how mayhem outsmarts, outwitz and shuts down pissbing in their hype up during the show :)
seeing pissbing TRYING to trash talk with mahyem will be veeeeery funny to watch

Bubbles
5/28/11 9:20:36AM

Posted by finnish_line

So this is only a #1 contender fight if Bisping wins, right?

They can't give Mayhem a title shot with a win here.

Mayhem with a win over Saku and Bisping = title shot? come one now
Pages: [1] 2