Who should be the next ultimate fighter coaches?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should be the next ultimate fighter coaches?
« Previous Page
POLL: Who shold be the next coach on the upcoming ultimate fighters?
Koschek and Sanchez 7% (4)
Rampage and Chuck 26% (14)
Randy andChuck again 4% (2)
St. pierre and Hughes 24% (13)
Dana and Tito 7% (4)
other 31% (17)
chentay2112
3/22/07 2:21:32PM
my apologies but you've gotta remember that i'm from the uk and unfortunately there's not even been a mention of series 5 let alone series 6...
so again i apologise for not reading the thread properly
iwannabesedated
3/25/07 8:48:37PM
Anderson silva shold be a coach....and any other fighter who doesnt speak english...imagine...hearing hubba jubba booba...for being a badass anderson does have girly voice..
brodieros
3/25/07 11:35:11PM
St. Pierre and Sanchez

then they fight fir the title.
it is a welter weight show...
jaba
3/27/07 7:46:02PM
Imagine Bas as a coach that would be tight, and some other MMA veteran like Don Frye.
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/07 4:25:58PM

Posted by jaba

Imagine Bas as a coach that would be tight, and some other MMA veteran like Don Frye.

Good Call... I think it should be Bas and Frank Shamrock and then a catchweight fight at 195 or something...

I know Frank probably isn't on the best terms with Zuffa or whatever, but sign him and Bas for the one fight deal, and let's see it...
jaba
4/2/07 8:34:08PM
wouldnt happen bas dont fight no more
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/2/07 9:34:34PM
Commentator TUF coaches

Joe Rogan vs Jerry Millen

richieb19
4/2/07 10:34:36PM
From what I've heard from some various sources is that theyre going to eventually have Ken Shamrock on as a coach again (hopefully they don't portray him badly again)... maybe a hall of fame theme?
mkiv9secsupra
4/2/07 10:59:44PM

Posted by richieb19

From what I've heard from some various sources is that theyre going to eventually have Ken Shamrock on as a coach again (hopefully they don't portray him badly again)... maybe a hall of fame theme?

WHAT?! SLAMCOCK WAS THE WORST F***ING COACH EVER!!!
richieb19
4/2/07 11:35:58PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Tell that to Guy Mezger, Frank Shamrock, Pete Williams, Jerry Bohlander, Vernon White, etc...
mkiv9secsupra
4/2/07 11:38:49PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Tell that to Guy Mezger, Frank Shamrock, Pete Williams, Jerry Bohlander, Vernon White, etc...

a good fighter ten years ago and a good coach now are far from each other...didnt u want TUF 3?
richieb19
4/2/07 11:46:09PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

a good fighter ten years ago and a good coach now are far from each other...didnt u want TUF 3?

Sure did, and Tito did great... however it's more than obvious that TUF has edited heavily to favor upcoming promotions... you can believe anything you see on tv all you like, and so be it for me to try and convince you otherwise... but what you saw on TUF 3 (and 2) isn't the whole picture by far...
mkiv9secsupra
4/2/07 11:54:28PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Sure did, and Tito did great... however it's more than obvious that TUF has edited heavily to favor upcoming promotions... you can believe anything you see on tv all you like, and so be it for me to try and convince you otherwise... but what you saw on TUF 3 (and 2) isn't the whole picture by far...

ok everyone in amercia knows tv is ALWAYS EDITED but the proof is in the puddin for the coaching...Slamcocks fighters were well bad... the only one that was decent was Herman and his fighting style is nothing like slamcocks so there couldnt have been too much coaching in that case...
richieb19
4/3/07 12:11:04AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

ok everyone in amercia knows tv is ALWAYS EDITED but the proof is in the puddin for the coaching...Slamcocks fighters were well bad... the only one that was decent was Herman and his fighting style is nothing like slamcocks so there couldnt have been too much coaching in that case...

There couldnt have been much coaching in any fighters case, seeing as they where only there for a few weeks. Shamrock did however have the lesser team, but then again so did Randy on season 1... The bottom line is that you end up seeing less than 5 minutes per episode of coaching on average, and the fact that Shamrock actually spoke out about the way he was portraid, and also the way Franklin was portraid tells you right there that something is up...

I can tell you right now that this season BJ will look like a better coach this season, and it may not be the case at all...
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/07 12:35:03AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

There couldnt have been much coaching in any fighters case, seeing as they where only there for a few weeks. Shamrock did however have the lesser team, but then again so did Randy on season 1... The bottom line is that you end up seeing less than 5 minutes per episode of coaching on average, and the fact that Shamrock actually spoke out about the way he was portraid, and also the way Franklin was portraid tells you right there that something is up...

I can tell you right now that this season BJ will look like a better coach this season, and it may not be the case at all...

i see what your saying...but coaches of these calibers always effects the fighters...Liddell,Couture, Ortiz....you caould see the way they effected the fighters....but with shamrock.... he didnt do anything... its like he told them if you want to knock someone out punch them if you want to make them tap then put them on the ground and submit them and thats it....
richieb19
4/3/07 12:44:02AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i see what your saying...but coaches of these calibers always effects the fighters...Liddell,Couture, Ortiz....you caould see the way they effected the fighters....but with shamrock.... he didnt do anything... its like he told them if you want to knock someone out punch them if you want to make them tap then put them on the ground and submit them and thats it....

Again, you only had a chance to see very little of the coaching aspect, and had to piece everything together from what you saw... Shamrock's proven himself already as one of the greatest coaches in MMA...
pv3Hpv3p
4/3/07 11:52:57AM

Posted by jaba

wouldnt happen bas dont fight no more

Hey... I can dream can't I?

Anyhow, if Dana and the Fertittas put enough money in front of him, I think he might reconsider...
nubby
4/3/07 12:55:03PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Again, you only had a chance to see very little of the coaching aspect, and had to piece everything together from what you saw... Shamrock's proven himself already as one of the greatest coaches in MMA...

I don't know if I agree with that. Just because you have good fighters in your school doesn't mean they are that way from the coaching. Just as you can't say that Matt Hamill is where he is because of Tito. Most likely Hamill would have been good either way. But there are certain things about the way Tito cared about his fighters and wanted them to succeed. Shamrock just didn't want to lose. There is a fundamental difference in attitudes.
scoozna
4/3/07 1:34:37PM
Swick and Marquardt - and the winner gets a shot at Silva.

But I love the idea of having the old-timers come back to coach like Bas or Royce (oops does he really still fight?)...hey come to think of it what's Rickson up to these days?
richieb19
4/3/07 2:17:27PM

Posted by scoozna

Swick and Marquardt - and the winner gets a shot at Silva.

But I love the idea of having the old-timers come back to coach like Bas or Royce (oops does he really still fight?)...hey come to think of it what's Rickson up to these days?

I believe Marquardt already has a title shot lines up...
pv3Hpv3p
4/3/07 2:54:20PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I don't know if I agree with that. Just because you have good fighters in your school doesn't mean they are that way from the coaching. Just as you can't say that Matt Hamill is where he is because of Tito. Most likely Hamill would have been good either way. But there are certain things about the way Tito cared about his fighters and wanted them to succeed. Shamrock just didn't want to lose. There is a fundamental difference in attitudes.

Sorry, I had to jump into your discussion...

But what I think Richie is trying to say is that Ken was portrayed as this horrible coach and person by the UFC hype machine... It has been well known that the Lion's Den has put out some great fighters, and these were in the majority trained by Ken...

I'm sure they could have done it either way... If Tito was on his way out and Ken was eyeing up a rematch for the LHW title, the UFC media could have easily spun our opinions in the other direction...

It's televisoin, and while it's reality TV, there are still things put in to add tension/drama to keep the fans intersted in something other than the last 15min of the show...

Just had to put in my two cents.
Pages: 1 [2]