Who should be the next ultimate fighter coaches?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should be the next ultimate fighter coaches?
Next Page »
POLL: Who shold be the next coach on the upcoming ultimate fighters?
Koschek and Sanchez 7% (4)
Rampage and Chuck 26% (14)
Randy andChuck again 4% (2)
St. pierre and Hughes 24% (13)
Dana and Tito 7% (4)
other 31% (17)
a1strait
3/20/07 12:50:44PM
I believe to make this show interesting all the coaches should fight each other after the season is done. Thats is what made season 1 and 3 so interesting was the fact that Chuck was going to fight Randy and Tito was going to fight Shamrock. Dana and Tito is my pick for the next ultimate fight show.
hippysmacker
3/20/07 12:57:31PM
Randy and Cro-cop, if they can get Mirko to leave Croatia that long. He speaks English well, and everybody loves Randy. I think this would actually help takedown defense in MMA as a whole. Also, he could bring Wedum as his BJJ coach which would give him good exposure. As for Randy he knows everybody, and I'm sure anyone would like to be a part of his staff.
Rich78
3/20/07 12:59:04PM
Seeing as how Tito came out of his previous series really well, and gained a lot of fans, myself included who thought he was a bit of a dick until I watched it, I think it should be...... TIM SYLVIA!!!
chuteboxegod
3/20/07 1:04:02PM
AA and Crocop
tyo
3/20/07 2:50:07PM
Mike Swick
and
Forrest Giffin

season one alumni, hard workers and entertaining

make for a great season!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
randyleprechaun
3/20/07 3:08:38PM
Joe Rogan and Carlos Mencia!
warglory
3/20/07 3:22:41PM

Posted by randyleprechaun

madmarck
3/20/07 3:40:40PM

Posted by randyleprechaun

Hhahahah good one. Joe could teachBJJ and Carlos could get his team to watch and steal the moves!

But seriously. I think GSP and Hughes. That would make for a competitve match. Hughes is a great coach. And GSP has some great skill to teach (just watch a seminar on youtube).
Not to mention Matt would try the mindgames. But GSP could always, always come back with this "Hey Matt what do you want to eat? A Country breakfast? Or a French Canadian kick in the face?"
hathcock32
3/20/07 3:44:36PM
Tim Sylvia and Frank Mir

Rampage and Jardine
Manfred
3/20/07 3:49:53PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Randy and Cro-cop, if they can get Mirko to leave Croatia that long. He speaks English well, and everybody loves Randy. I think this would actually help sttakedown defense. Also, he could bring Wedum as his BJJ coach which would give him good exposure. As for Randy he knows everybody, and I'm sure anyone would like to be a part of his staff.

This is exactly who I thought of. CC might pull pranks and show the TUF fans he's good guy with a great sense of humor.

DavidLee
3/20/07 4:24:20PM
I very seriously doubt Cro Cop would even consider it. He does not seem to be a people person. Heck his first fight in the UFC Joe tried to talk to him and he just stood there. I would really like to see Tito again. He was a awesome coach.
hathcock32
3/20/07 8:31:14PM
Yea i agree Tito is a great coach. I would like to see the other coach be Randy. I believe it would make for the best show. Of have Tito and Chuck.

I also thaught of a crazy idea. 16 LHW's. One Team Is from England and the coach is Bisping. And one coach is from America and coached by Randy.
jdubs
3/20/07 10:35:05PM
for entertainment id say kos and sanchez, or even better kos and leben
aceprone
3/20/07 10:42:13PM
I think if Cro Cop would do it that would be awsome. Imagine if it was Couture and Cro Cop coaches, or Chuck and Cro Cop. End of show they fight. But better yet, if UFC buys Pride, Cro Cop and Fedor as TUF coaches! THAT WOULD RULE ALL!

Every fighter would have to bow before the Fedor and Fedor's practice would only consist of a:

A Ju Jitsu Hammer, A Boxing Hammer, and a Sambo Hammer, that's it. So if the morning practice was Ju Jitsu, the fighters would have to pick up their Ju Jitsu hammers and start pounding a tractor tire. hahaha.
tomp6581
3/21/07 6:26:03AM
Im with aceprone, if ufc buys pride - Fedor and Mirko as coaches would be the best choice.......or even Chuck & Wandy!
madmarck
3/21/07 7:45:35AM

Posted by tomp6581

Im with aceprone, if ufc buys pride - Fedor and Mirko as coaches would be the best choice.......or even Chuck & Wandy!

I dont think anyone could get Mirko out of Croatia for that long. He has to muhc responsibility there.
He might still be a part of the anti- terroist unit, not sure though. But he still is a part of the Croatian parilament. So he has big duties there. Heck he didnt even come to UFC 67 until 2 days b4 (most fighters were in vegas a full week) because the Croatian Parliament was in session.

I dont know if Werdum and Cro Cop train anymore. I dont think it was anything personal, so im sure he could get him onto the show.

IMO GSP/Hughes or
Randy/Tito would be awesome.

I think Randy has gotten too much exposure form TUF now. Everyone knows him.
He was Coach onTUF 1,4 and the challege host for TUF2. Randy already has enough exposure as does Tito so i doubt we will see these 2 guys coach. Although they would make awesome teams and Rivalry.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/21/07 12:40:17PM
Royce Gracie/Riskson Gracie

Tank Abbot/Cabbage Carrera

Liddell/Babalu

Penn/Teller
nellyhiphophead
3/21/07 12:46:45PM
anderson and rich and then the rematch at the end. there is no better then that.
tomp6581
3/21/07 12:56:48PM
giant silva and scott morris
Rich78
3/21/07 1:03:19PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Penn/Teller

aceprone
3/21/07 1:13:30PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

anderson and rich and then the rematch at the end. there is no better then that.

didn't think of that one, but that would also be a great match up for tuf coaches. good call! Anderson Silva just has to learn english, but if he did it would be awsome!
nellyhiphophead
3/21/07 1:20:31PM

Posted by aceprone

Posted by nellyhiphophead

didn't think of that one, but that would also be a great match up for tuf coaches. good call! Anderson Silva just has to learn english, but if he did it would be awsome!

i herd that he has been taking english classes. hard to say who he would bring to help him train and if they know english.
Mv356
3/21/07 5:37:23PM
TUF reality show is mostly to draw in noobs and get them buying pay per views.

To hardcore fans, anytime mirko says a word you listen intently like it's the last thing you'll ever hear, but to noobs, he won't sell good.

Ortiz sold awesome, and rampage would sell awesome.

When chuck retires and theres actually competition in that division, I'd love to see Rampage coach against tito. Then again, they are good friends.

If they really want to sell the season, do Rampage vs Forrest, all da noobys love forrest.
chentay2112
3/21/07 6:34:44PM
looks like you got your wish with the coaches fighting at the end of the show it's going to be
B J PENN and JENS PULVER and they are going to fight in the season finale

source
mkiv9secsupra
3/21/07 9:04:44PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Randy and Cro-cop, if they can get Mirko to leave Croatia that long. He speaks English well, and everybody loves Randy. I think this would actually help takedown defense in MMA as a whole. Also, he could bring Wedum as his BJJ coach which would give him good exposure. As for Randy he knows everybody, and I'm sure anyone would like to be a part of his staff.

im with you...two monsters that know the game very well. havin trainers of this caliber would definitely get things better for the ufc's HW's
hippysmacker
3/21/07 9:16:45PM

Posted by Mv356

TUF reality show is mostly to draw in noobs and get them buying pay per views.

To hardcore fans, anytime mirko says a word you listen intently like it's the last thing you'll ever hear, but to noobs, he won't sell good.

Ortiz sold awesome, and rampage would sell awesome.

When chuck retires and theres actually competition in that division, I'd love to see Rampage coach against tito. Then again, they are good friends.

If they really want to sell the season, do Rampage vs Forrest, all da noobys love forrest.

I like watching Rampage fight ,and as he's comedy, but I don't think he would be a good coach. Too me he's the anti-Tito. I don't like Tito , but he was a great coach.
migo
3/22/07 12:42:28AM
Phil Baroni and Matt Lindland.
mkiv9secsupra
3/22/07 12:51:45AM
tim sylvia and stephan bonnar......quite possibly would be the most boring series on tv....ever

or maybe sean salmon and babalu....see who can get the coolest kick to the head ko?! haha
Trapt1nw0nder
3/22/07 5:39:06AM
Next Ultimate fighter should be Heavyweight...they already made a season for every other class...and the 1 winner of the heavyweights(Rashad Evans) dropped down to LHW....

So next one should be HW/LHW again with Ortiz/Liddell ........or Couture with either 1 of them....i wouldnt mind seeing him in a rematch with either one...in fact i would love it!

Crocop wouldnt make a good coach at all IMO...he couldnt even do an interview after his fight and i dont expect him to cooperate in training and being filmed in the process either......he is prolly too shy for the job

Arlovski...if he beats Werdum(which i expect)...would be fine too i guess
nellyhiphophead
3/22/07 11:25:15AM

Posted by chentay2112

looks like you got your wish with the coaches fighting at the end of the show it's going to be
B J PENN and JENS PULVER and they are going to fight in the season finale

source

we all know that we are talking about next season as in season 6 not 5 we all know bj and jens are the coaches on that
Pages: [1] 2