Ultimate Fighter 10 cast revealed

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ultimate Fighter 10 cast revealed
nickcuc547
6/15/09 5:08:05PM
It’s been rumored for a while but TUF 10 is stocked with tough fighters. A recent Sun reports confirms a lot of the fighters in the house are pretty talented. A former IFL champion, several NFL players, and UFC veterans are in the house this season. Without further adieu, ladies and gentleman the next cast of the The Ultimate Fighter.

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=2025
Edwards
6/15/09 5:12:13PM
Big country Roy Nelson is going to be the guy to beat in my opinion
nickcuc547
6/15/09 5:13:37PM
i like nelson too, but there are some pretty decent guys on this season, the ufc went out and got some pretty good heavyweights, by tuf standards.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
6/15/09 6:08:17PM
DARRILL SCHOONOVER:
BRENDAN SCHAUB

These are the 2 fighting in the finale I think
sparky
6/15/09 6:42:22PM
Kimbo is going to win this season with ease

Hendo67
6/15/09 6:55:42PM
Just imagine the hilariousness of Wes Sims, Kimbo and Roy Nelson on Rampages team...
Jackelope
6/15/09 7:11:10PM
Wow, they actually got some pretty decent talent for this season. There are some up and coming HW's I'd have liked to see on the list, but I can't say I'm totally unsatisfied. Should be pretty competitive. Roy Nelson is obviously the early favorite.

I wonder if Wes Sims has gotten any better? Or if he'll relentlessly monkey stomp anyone during the season

wrona666
6/15/09 7:13:20PM
So i take it that the fighters arent going to have to fight to get into the house this season?
flatspot
6/15/09 7:26:06PM
Kinda excited to see this card. The only reason I see they didn't have fighters fight to stay in the house is to prevent upsets from notable fighters plus Kimbo.
Wolfenstein
6/15/09 7:48:42PM
Pretty decent roster--and I am really hoping we get to see Kimbo vs Wes Simms--I think that would be absolutely epic. I can definetely see those two butting heads throughout the show.

Some of the guys they've inserted--particularly a number of ex-UFC vets..you can't help but just ask why? Can't really complain though, very much looking forward to this season.
Boo_Radley21
6/15/09 7:49:40PM
I`m really excited for this season to come out. I`ll definitely be watching this one, it looks promising.
prozacnation1978
6/15/09 7:52:28PM
good to see wessel on there
i was wondering about him he impressed me with his fight

and to see scott junk i watched him fight against wellish in anaheim a while back

some of those guys i have heard of like york,

be a crazy season
RearNakedJoke
6/15/09 8:07:54PM

The only reason I see they didn't have fighters fight to stay in the house is to prevent upsets from notable fighters plus Kimbo

probably too hard to find 32 worthwhile prospects.

if recall correctly dana had offered kimbo a spot in the house with no try outs neccessary back when he was in elite xc.

based on skill and experience i think nelson would be the favorite. its his conditioning and size that will be a problem. a bunch of these guys are giant athletes that could run circles around him. maybe it will be a wake up call for him to get in shape or maybe he will surprise me and win it.
Twenty20Dollars
6/15/09 8:19:11PM
I already see a red flag for concern, is that some of these "HW" fighters are really small like under 220. So if they win they just drop down.

Why did rex have to drop out?
nickcuc547
6/15/09 8:49:38PM
if nelson doesn't win, we know whoever beats him is going to have a pretty decent ufc career, if anybody does I hope it's an unknown.
Kpro
6/15/09 9:13:37PM
Roy Nelson is actually in really really good shape and can keep great pace for a HW; that's just his body type.
Aaronno9
6/15/09 9:33:43PM
I just saw another list posted on bloody elbow and its got a few differances to this one, Blackledge for James McSweeny off the top of my head. Not sure if there was more.
JBatch
6/15/09 9:34:29PM
Nelson is my pick right now..If Wes Sims can prove that he has settled down a bit and is taking things a bit more seriously I think he could have a good shot at winning the contract.
Grimus
6/15/09 9:42:10PM
roy nelson is most likely going to win this season i see him as the guy to beat kimbo slice is awful
MMA-San
6/15/09 10:42:40PM
I wonder why Dana didn't take Daniel Puder?
Kpro
6/15/09 10:49:42PM
who exactly is Puder?

I know who he is, I've seen him fight in Strikeforce.

I'm just asking, because I've heard he was a pro wrassler.

Was he a star in pro wrassling or what? Because I'd never heard of him like I'd heard of Lesnar/Lashley.
Twenty20Dollars
6/16/09 12:19:08AM
Win or lose, Im hoping some of these HW's get a chance to fight in the UFC after the show. So this hopefully will bolster up the HW division.
cmill21
6/16/09 12:20:55AM
I'm anxious to see how the ex-NFLer's do. We know they're going to be sick athletes and we've seen how that can translate into a fantastic fighting career.
MMAcca
6/16/09 12:59:50AM

Posted by Aaronno9

I just saw another list posted on bloody elbow and its got a few differances to this one, Blackledge for James McSweeny off the top of my head. Not sure if there was more.

The confirmed list i posted on Saturday (with sources) also includes McSweeney over Blackledge. I posted it in the Spoilers forum and i think that was from BE.

McSweeney is confirmed by a site called 'Fightbomb'

LINK
chickmagnet
6/16/09 1:07:09AM
I see Jim York doing pretty well. Id like to see him matched up with Kimbo in the show. Kimbo would probably lose though....
bigox420
6/16/09 11:33:25AM

Posted by Kpro

who exactly is Puder?

I know who he is, I've seen him fight in Strikeforce.

I'm just asking, because I've heard he was a pro wrassler.

Was he a star in pro wrassling or what? Because I'd never heard of him like I'd heard of Lesnar/Lashley.

He won the tough enough contest and he start s h i t with Kurt Angle and put a hold on him can't remember what tho. He was not there for long.