Ultimate Fighter 10 Cast: Kimbo Slice Is the Star, Watch James McSweeney

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ultimate Fighter 10 Cast: Kimbo Slice Is the Star, Watch James McSweeney
emfleek
7/10/09 2:40:30PM
The UFC has officially released the names of the 16 heavyweights who will participate in Season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter, and, of course, Kimbo Slice is the star. But the guy I'm most curious about is James McSweeney.

McSweeney, in case you haven't heard of him, is a former professional kickboxer who trains with Greg Jackson at one of the world's best MMA gyms.

STORY
Kpro
7/10/09 2:48:38PM
EDIT: Link goes right to story!
emfleek
7/10/09 2:48:55PM

Posted by Kpro

Story link adds new topic

Fixed.
BarryScott
7/10/09 3:27:06PM
LOL surely this thread is a joke?!?!
emfleek
7/10/09 3:28:30PM

Posted by BarryScott

Care to elaborate?
BarryScott
7/10/09 3:33:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BarryScott

Care to elaborate?

Have you never seen McSweeney fight?
emfleek
7/10/09 3:39:39PM

Posted by BarryScott

You *do* realize that this is a News forum, right? News items are posted here. I didn't post this as my own personal opinion.

But to answer your question...no, I don't believe I have, although the name sounds familiar to me.
BarryScott
7/10/09 3:42:21PM
I can't find it anywhere but if you can find it, then McSweeney vs. Grove sums up McSweeney nicely.

He's awful.
Kpro
7/10/09 3:42:56PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BarryScott

You *do* realize that this is a News forum, right? News items are posted here. I didn't post this as my own personal opinion.

But to answer your question...no, I don't believe I have, although the name sounds familiar to me.

He was in our Secondary League picks against Al Turk last year on a CR card, and he was TKO'd in 2 minutes. That's probably why it sounds familiar.

I've seen 2 of his fights, both losses. But I'm assuming that if he's been extensively training with Team Jackson he's gotta be better, but still, not even almost the guy to "watch" for this season as that blogger thinks.
BarryScott
7/10/09 3:44:40PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BarryScott

He was in our Secondary League picks against Al Turk last year on a CR card, and he was TKO'd in 2 minutes. That's probably why it sounds familiar.

I've seen 2 of his fights, both losses. But I'm assuming that if he's been extensively training with Team Jackson he's gotta be better, but still, not even almost the guy to "watch" for this season.

He has been training at Jackson's for quite a long time now and he certainly hasn't improved at all, his last 2 fights were embarrassing to MMA.
cryinryan
7/10/09 5:51:19PM
Mcsweeney fought in the middle of April and he was terrible then and I'm guessing he's still terrible. This blogger must be related to him or something.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/10/09 5:55:24PM

Posted by BarryScott

He has been training at Jackson's for quite a long time now and he certainly hasn't improved at all, his last 2 fights were embarrassing to MMA.

This is why White introduced TUF series in the first place. You'll never see a level A fighter on the show, it's what it's for, development.
BarryScott
7/10/09 7:28:49PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by BarryScott

This is why White introduced TUF series in the first place. You'll never see a level A fighter on the show, it's what it's for, development.

TUF is for up-coming exciting fighters.

McSweeney's fights are never fun to watch (not an opinion, it's actually a fact if you watch them) and he has poor skills (again, if you've seen any of his fights you will know that's a fact.) His cardio is also absolutely shockingly bad.

McSweeney has no place on TUF.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/10/09 7:42:43PM

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by BarryScott

McSweeney's fights are never fun to watch (not an opinion, it's actually a fact if you watch them) and he has poor skills (again, if you've seen any of his fights you will know that's a fact.) His cardio is also absolutely shockingly bad.

yeah aight granted, i just checked out his 2 last fights... and yeah UNIMPRESSIVE.
We'll see though, can't be worst than ruediger
BarryScott
7/10/09 8:29:11PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by BarryScott

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by BarryScott

yeah aight granted, i just checked out his 2 last fights... and yeah UNIMPRESSIVE.
We'll see though, can't be worst than ruediger

TIme will tell! I just can't wait for this series!!!
DosBox
7/10/09 8:31:09PM
Im not sure. McSweeney struggles off of his back and there are quite a few wrestlers on the cast. Madsen, Wren, Jensen, etc...

Heck, he lost a fight (that you can watch on YouTube) against a Polish Sumo Wrestlers Robert Paczkow.

From a physique standpoint he will look better than most of the fighters on there, but that is about where it ends for Mr. McSweeney.
bsh162007
7/11/09 12:48:34AM
I think brendan schaub is someone to look out for if u ask me trains with shane carwin he is 4 - 0 and is yet to have a fight go past one minute plus shane carwin trains with greg jackson too
tmas
7/11/09 9:10:39AM

Posted by bsh162007

I think brendan schaub is someone to look out for if u ask me trains with shane carwin he is 4 - 0 and is yet to have a fight go past one minute plus shane carwin trains with greg jackson too

exactly big guy powerful, fast, trains with Carwin/Jackson.........has winner written all over his face!>
randompunter
7/12/09 4:52:47PM
I have only seen mcSweeney fight once and i thought he looked good, then again he was probably fighting a total can.
prozacnation1978
7/12/09 5:32:59PM
never heard of the guy