“The Ultimate Figher 7? to Feature Heavyweights

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » “The Ultimate Figher 7? to Feature Heavyweights
griffinisback
10/20/07 12:06:03AM
http://mmajunkie.com/2007/10/19/the-ultimate-figher-7-to-feature-heavyweights/

Not that the heavyweight division couldn't use some more contenders, the middle weight division is about to die assuming Silva beats Franklin
adamsb
10/20/07 1:31:46AM
thats gay middle weight divishon needs alot of help
hotrodttt
10/20/07 2:10:02AM
Do not buy into the talk about the UFC having a "Weak" Middle Weight Devision , the Heavyweight devision is the devision that needs help , heres a comparision

Middleweight contenders: Rich Franklin , Chris Leben , Nate Quarry , Thales Lietes , Martin Kampman , Drew McFedries, Alan Belcher , Jason McDonald, Alan Belcher , Yushin Okami and Ricardo Almeida just sign a six fight deal so he should spicen things up

Heavyweight Contenders : Big Nog , Tim Sylvia , Brandon Vera , Andrei Arlovski and Cheick Kongo
BerndRealBad
10/20/07 2:49:02AM
People think the middleweight division is weak because they don't have as many big names basically. If you really look at it, there are more solid fighters in that division then there are heavyweight, light heavyweight and maybe even welterweight.
Btews22
10/20/07 10:48:03AM
sweet i hope thay will throw in Marcus Jones he was a D-end for the Tampa Bay Bucks!!!!
warglory
10/20/07 11:00:20AM
I am happy about this, heavyweights need to be revitalized.
CornishMMA
10/20/07 1:49:05PM
But Joe Silva already announced at some event that it would be MW's???

Did mmajunkie take that article down or something cos i cant find it??
Aaronno9
10/20/07 2:13:07PM
Who do you think would be the coaches if they do have a heavy weight TUF? I cant reallly think of any of the current roster who are popular enough to do it. Randy would of been an obvious choice but hes retiered, and their may be a language issue with some of the other top heavies (cro cop, nog, kongo, GG ect)
loller90278
10/20/07 4:29:20PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Who do you think would be the coaches if they do have a heavy weight TUF? I cant reallly think of any of the current roster who are popular enough to do it. Randy would of been an obvious choice but hes retiered, and their may be a language issue with some of the other top heavies (cro cop, nog, kongo, GG ect)

i just pray that monson will be one of them so i hear his antics
and maybe sylvia for the other coach

sylvia vs monson II
malekomaddox
10/21/07 9:39:48AM
bigger is not always better.
HulkRage
10/21/07 4:34:23PM
I would like to see fresh/new Heavyweights come in, but I would love to see a "second chance TUF" again but with heavies.
Rizzo
Monson
Ricco
Barnett
Buentello
Severn
Coleman or Randleman

and then throw Hunt in there for good messure.
jiujitsufreak74
10/21/07 4:51:12PM

Posted by HulkRage

I would like to see fresh/new Heavyweights come in, but I would love to see a "second chance TUF" again but with heavies.
Rizzo
Monson
Ricco
Barnett
Buentello
Severn
Coleman or Randleman

and then throw Hunt in there for good messure.

with that calibur of talent, it would be the best show ever. it won't happen, but i would pay to see some of those fights.
ohiostate1016
10/21/07 5:28:56PM

Posted by adamsb

thats gay middle weight divishon needs alot of help

That's 'gay'. Ha. Good critique. I could have came up w/ that.
Ultimate_fighter
10/21/07 9:33:40PM
why? .... like they will ever beat cro cop or big nog..... i hope fedor is on it,... haha