The Ultimate Draft Project (New Players Welcome)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » The Ultimate Draft Project (New Players Welcome)
Rabi
4/28/12 7:54:05AM
Firstly I am looking for 10 players (including me) and need people who log in on a 24 hr basis (under most circumstances). If any one knows there gonna be away then thats fine just let us know your away before you go so we know why were waiting.

The fighters used for this game will be anything for MMA fighters, to Boxers, TV Characters, Film Characters, Pro Wrestlers etc. Use your imagination its completely up to you. The categories will be:

Super
HW (no upper weight limit)
LHW/MW Merged
WW/LW Merged
FW (no lower weight limit) Merge BW and FLW
Females

Here is a description of each category:

Super

Go crazy, any body from film/TV, comics, computer games etc, that is a Non Human or who has super powers. They must be able to fight on land. (Jaws the shark is no good)

For the remaining categories you can rank who ever you want from the world of Combat sport or TV/Film etc, but they must be human with no super powers. Again, you can go mad and use your imagination.

We will start by ranking Females and work are way up. Every player who joins in must be willing to do the rankings as well, which we will do before we start the game. Rank 1 = 100pts, down to rank 100 = 1pt. The highest rankers will make the cut. If someone is ranked in more then 1 category then I will use there highest ranking and remove them from the other weight class. A fighter can only fight within one weight class. (The weight classed they are ranked in)

1. How each round works.

Starting balance for each player is $2 million. For each card you put on there must be a minimum of 5 fights ( that will be your main card), but you can have up to 10 fights ( anything above 5 is a prelim).

The fighters will be introduced. There will be up 20 fighters from each weight class added at the start of each round. There rankings will decide the wages that they earn when they fight.

Everyone will start with a Bank Roll of 2 million dollars. With your $2 mill you will need to sign a minimum of 10 fighters and be able to pay there wages for the first card. If a fighter doesn't fight he doesn't get paid.

For the first round of bidding every one will send me an email where they will bid for up to 10 fighters (it doesnt matter which weight classes your fighters fight in) no one else will know who you bid for. The bids must be in multiples of $1000 ( to keep it simple) and the minimum bid is $1000. If you bid for a fighter that you think no one else will bid for you could get him for $1000, but if he is a popular fighter then you will need to estimate how much you think you will need to bid, who ever bids the most will get him, if its a draw no one gets him and once again is back on the market and everyone can bid for him. After the opening rd of bids and once we have seen who has got who, we will then do another rd of bids where each player can bid for up to 9 fighters depending on what you need for your card, we will then do 8, then 7 right down to 1. Once we reach one bidding is then finished for this round.

Fighters wages will stay the same through out the game.

A players wage depends on his ranking, rank 100 will be paid 10k, every rank above will be paid 10k, for eg 100 = 10k, rank 1 = 1 mill.

We will then post our card, I will then copy and paste all the cards that were posted in the order they were posted into my own word document, we will then action one card at a time in the order they were posted, before I post the first card I will make sure they are within budget, I will then post 1 card, everyone will post there results for that 1 card except for the creator of the card ( you will not be voting on your own card) we will use the same format as The Ultimate Tournaments, so for e.g. Damian Maia v Ed Herman - Maia rd2 sub triangle choke Once everyone has picked for that card I will then update the fight card results and PM them to the card creator (not on the forum), he will then nominate is 1, 2 or 3 bonuses (KOTN, SOTN, FOTN) and send them back to me, also if there is any draws on the votes, either on the winner of a fight, or the rd, or method or technique the card creator will have the final say on that particular section. Once that's done we will then do the next card. We will continue this process and once I have all the fight card results and bonuses I will post all the completed card with results and bonus nominations. We will then vote for the bonuses and rank the cards. I will then post the results and the monies earned for that round.

After that is done I will do a financial sheet and then an updated balance so we can see how much money we all have.

2. Rules of your fight card

You must have a minimum of 5 fights, which will be your main card, you can have a maximum of 10, any fight above 5 will be a prelim.

A Champion defending his belt will be paid double wages, some one can only challenge for a belt if they are on a 1 fight wining streak in you promotion, eg they cant fight for a belt on there promotion debut or coming off a loss.

A fighter can only fight at a weight class he has fought at in the UFC, I will list the weight classes that each fighter qualifies for next to his name during the bidding. (if any seem wrong then let me know and I can change them)

A champion can not fight in a non title fight in his own weight class, he can if he fights in another weight class. (as long as he meets the criteria to fight in another weight class)

After Rd 1 we will all put on 1 card, after rd 2 we will put on 2 cards, right up to rd 5, 5 cards, a total of 15 cards.

3. Champions Tournament

After Rds 2 to 5 we will do a Champions Grand Prix, (there is no champs after rd1 which is why I didn't include it) we will do every weightclass. Each Tourney will be seeded and we will use the rankings that we use for the game, if you don't have a champion in a weight class then you can't enter that GP. We will vote for the fights the same way, but you wont be able to vote on a fight which includes your fighter (similar to the Ultimate Tournaments side game). There will be no wages paid to the fighters (all about Pride ) and the winner of each Grand Prix will win 100% of the threshold to be added to your bankroll, for e.g. rd2 wins 2mill, rd5 wins 5mill. If only 1 person has a champion in a particular weight class, they will automatically win the prize.

4. Money

The new starting balance will be 2 mill and yo will not be allowed to go overdrawn (the only time you will be overdrawn is if a fine takes you overdrawn), that's when you bid and also when you put your card together. This is what will happen if you go over drawn:

Bidding, if your winning bids come to more money then you have in the bank then all your bids for that round of bidding will be cancelled, (so to confirm you can bid more then you have, but you can't win more then you have, in other words its best to bid within your limits) and the fighter will go to the next highest bidder, (you wont lose fighters who you have previously bid for, just the ones who you bid for in that 1 email, but you wont receive a fine.

When you put your card together you must be able to pay all the fighters wages, I will check everyone's card before we pick winners and if you have over spent I will remove the lowest placed fight on the card, for every fight I have to remove you will be fined, also if you don't have a minimum of 5 fights then you will also be fined. For e.g., if I put on 6 fights and over spend by $200K, then 1 fight will be removed and I will be fined, if I am still over spent then another fight will be removed and I will be fined again, as that then drops me to 4 fights I will be fined a third time for not having 5 fights. The fine will be the threshold of that round.

The threshold for round 1 will be $1 mill, rd2 $2 mill up to rd5 $5 mill. You will earn money depending on how good your card is. After each round of cards and when all results have been picked we will vote.

Voting

Cards

Top vote earns you 100 % of the threshold down to 10th vote 10%, you must always rank your self 10th.

Bonuses

When you nominate your own bonuses you earn money, 3 bonues 100% of threshold, 2 bonuses 50%, 1 bonus 25%. For every vote you get (you cant vote on your own bonuses) you win 10% of the threshold. Who ever gets the most votes in each section will win 100% of the threshold or a share of it if the vote is a draw.

5. Trades and Roster

We will have a separate thread which we will use to keep are roster updated and also discuss trades. With trades you can either trade fighters for cash or other fighters. Please keep your roster up to date.

6. And finally, when you vote on cards and bonuses, please don't vote tactically. It makes the game better if we actually vote on how good the cards are.

The overall winner will be the player with the most money at the end of the game.

If anyone has any questions please post them on this thread and I will answer them. If you would like to join in then either PM me or reply to this thread. I will take the first 10 players.

1. Rabi
2. Poor_Franklin
3. hashyandy
4. Playground_Samurai
5. Jjeans
6. Bubbles

Poor_Franklin
4/28/12 10:43:58AM
subscribed
hashyandy4
4/28/12 11:21:43AM
Im In
Rabi
4/28/12 12:19:48PM
Poor_Franklin asked the following question:

also also, & im just using him as an example, if i pick Mike Tyson or Fedor Emelianenko, are we taking the "Prime" Tyson & Fedor? present-day Tyson & Fedor? or is it up to each voter's discretion of how they want to view it?

I answered:

It will be prime, as you will also be able to pick the likes of Muhammed Ali.
Playground_Samurai
4/28/12 3:47:41PM
i'll try this one.
Rabi
4/29/12 9:30:03AM
Jjeans has signed up for this game as well!
Rabi
4/29/12 2:11:07PM
5 players is great, I am still hoping for 10 players. but if we dont get 10 by next weekend, I will start the game regardless.
jjeans
4/30/12 11:58:47AM
WW/LW is gonna be my weight class guys just FYI

Mario - Sonic - Rayman I'm gonna get them all in. So please don't try to jeopardise me
Rabi
4/30/12 12:14:33PM

Posted by jjeans

WW/LW is gonna be my weight class guys just FYI

Mario - Sonic - Rayman I'm gonna get them all in. So please don't try to jeopardise me

Remember, to qualify for any weight class they have to be human and have no super powers, other then the super category, sorry Jay
jjeans
4/30/12 5:55:28PM
You fucking what

Gutted but oh well, we need a JayWeight
Rabi
4/30/12 6:13:08PM
Dont do an airkerma, read the rules
jjeans
4/30/12 6:51:42PM
I haven't yet and I won't deny it lol
I'll be reading on Wednesday or Thursday
Rabi
4/30/12 7:09:49PM
P_F has sent me his rankings, with mine and his so far we have some mean woman.
Rabi
5/7/12 9:16:16AM
Bubbles has also signed up to play this game!
Rabi
5/9/12 1:59:33AM
Waiting on FW rankings from jjeans, also Bubbles if you still want to play can you let me know whether you want to do rankings or not.
Rabi
5/12/12 5:02:09AM
As we are still doing the rankings if anybody else would like to join in then they can.
Rabi
5/17/12 2:32:03PM
As the rankings are taking longer then what I thought Im gonna PM everyone individually with a list of rankings that they need to do and set them a deadline. Once that deadline passes we will start the game with the rankings that we have.

Thanks
Rabi
5/23/12 12:34:38PM
The deadline for the rankings is 2 days away