ULTIMATE CHAOS QUICK RESULTS (spoiler obviously)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » ULTIMATE CHAOS QUICK RESULTS (spoiler obviously)
mentalcase
6/27/09 11:56:57PM
Bobby Lashley defeats Bob Sapp via submission (strikes) in round one
Gilbert Yvel defeats Pedro Rizzo via knockout in round one
Javier Vazquez defeats Mark Kergosien via submission (guillotine choke) in round one
Chris Horodecki defeats William Sriyapai via submission (rear naked choke) in round one
Waachim Spirit Wolf defeats Brett Cooper via technical knockout (strikes) in round one
Tom Atencio defeats Randy Hedderick via technical knockout in round two (Hedderick refused to answer the bell for round three because of a broken nose)
Brandon Harder defeats John Harris via submission (arm triangle choke) in round two
James Orso defeats Danny Abbadi via unanimous decision
Hendo67
6/28/09 12:05:57AM
Yvels KO was insane!

Sapp is not good, lol. Hardly a legit win for Lashley.
Boo_Radley21
6/28/09 12:17:29AM
Damn I wanted Sapp to win.
bigbubbano23
6/28/09 1:35:43AM
didn't din fight?
TimW001
6/28/09 1:45:11AM

Posted by bigbubbano23

didn't din fight?

He dropped out, the got sick from the weight cut.

You know, Bobby is more qualified than Brock was when he entered the UFC. I think Bobby is continuously going to get better, he will be in the UFC one day, whether it be now or later. He is just one of those physically gifted people who are gynetically incredibly athletic, and are able to pick up physical skills, such as wrestling and other such things. Look at what they signed guys like Valsquez, Lesnar, and Carwin on, I would have no problem with Lashley in the UFC. He will ultimately be there. I see few people outside of the ufc who will beat him. Well no wait, that;s wrong. Of the people Lashley is going to fight, he will beat. Lashley will probably not fight guys like Overeem, and Barnett. We may see him fight Big Tim, and Arlovski though. I'de probably go with Lashley to win those fights. Jsut me assumption. He has a great camp, he is very athletic, strong, gifted. I think he's going to be a top 10 in time.

No pun intended with 'ultimately be there'.
prozacnation1978
6/28/09 9:23:30AM
lashley will be in the ufc in 2010
gabe531
6/28/09 9:48:22AM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by bigbubbano23

didn't din fight?

You know, Bobby is more qualified than Brock was when he entered the UFC..

do you mean when bobby started or right now? right now he has more fights then when brock got in ufc so thats obvious but that dont mean he was more qualified though, beating guys like bob sapp, mike cook, jason guida dont mean that hes more qualified. he was an NAIA champ which is great, but far from Div 1 champ also.
lohmann
6/28/09 10:09:19AM

Posted by gabe531

Posted by TimW001

Posted by bigbubbano23

didn't din fight?

do you mean when bobby started or right now? right now he has more fights then when brock got in ufc so thats obvious but that dont mean he was more qualified though, beating guys like bob sapp, mike cook, jason guida dont mean that hes more qualified. he was an NAIA champ which is great, but far from Div 1 champ also.

Lashley has more fights then Lesnar in and out of the UFC right now.

That's true, but he's also coming with what may be a a more finely tuned MMA game since he's spent a lot of time with American Top Team. When Lesnar entered the UFC, all we saw in his MMA career prior to that was a smashing of a sub-.500 tomato can by relying on his bread and butter. It's hard to tell who has developed faster as a mixed martial artist, since both Lesnar and Lashley have mainly relied on their wrestling.to punish opponents (although Lashley had that ugly choke on display in the Cook fight), but I definitely think Lashley is more qualified to enter the UFC at this point than Lesnar was when he did.
Wallass
6/28/09 11:29:37AM
I also believe in the statement above and when all is said and done , i can see Lashley having a more sccesful career then brock.
cowcatcher
6/28/09 11:42:55AM
lashley sis ther right thing by getting into a great camp right away, and last night he showed that he can follow a game plan. i dont know who will be the better fighter when all is said and done, but he and lesnar are always going to be paired together because of their backgrounds.

also, the ref was a little late getting in to stop the yvel fight, pedro ate some HUGE shots at the end. looked to me that he had a broken jaw after the fight, im interested to see the medical report on him and was glad he was able to walk out on his own, it looked really bad for a few seconds there.
babytater03
6/28/09 12:17:08PM

Posted by cowcatcher

also, the ref was a little late getting in to stop the yvel fight, pedro ate some HUGE shots at the end. looked to me that he had a broken jaw after the fight, im interested to see the medical report on him and was glad he was able to walk out on his own, it looked really bad for a few seconds there.

that one instance is what makes me so pissed when people will bash the refs that the UFC usually contracts out. Herb Dean, Mario Yamasaki, etc...they would have NEVER let 3 of those blows get to Rizzo and that ref just stood there watching! When he took the 1st shot on the ground and his hands dropped to his sides the ref should have been there, and instead i had flashbacks to Linland's struggle after Vitor KTFO'd him. Scary stuff. I dont think anyone in the room i was watching it with was talking while they showed Rizzo rolling around.

Glad to see him walk out of there without help though. GL Rizzo, hope no bad effects from that KO.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
6/28/09 12:17:12PM
glad Lashley and Horodecki won, the main two reasons why I watched this event
TimW001
6/28/09 2:38:20PM

Posted by gabe531

Posted by TimW001

Posted by bigbubbano23

didn't din fight?

Yea it just means, Brock was signed on one fight against a really bad fighter. Lashley hasn't gained a resume of beating great guys, but outside the UFC, he's beaten more and better guys than Brock.