UFN 12 is my wet dream.. lol..

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFN 12 is my wet dream.. lol..
Scott_Revels
11/21/07 9:48:35PM
I've gone on record saying that my favorite division is the lightweight.. Looking at just the three fights that are on there now, which are all Lightweight fights, I almost creamed myself.. Sure it's not the greatest possible fights, but when you look at how this affects the rankings, any of these guys (except for maybe Crane, just because of the Huerta loss), could either jump onto someone's Lightweight rankings, or jump further up. Currently, I do have Thiago Tavarres on my top ten. It might not be as exciting to an average MMA fan who enjoys all the divisions, but for me nothing gets better than this card. Throw in Kenny Florian vs Frankie Edgar, and i'll pay to see a free event.. Hell, i'd take Rob Emerson/Gray Maynard 2.. I'm going to sleep happy tonight..

(yeah, you probably don't care about what I think, but I felt the need to proclaim my feelings for this event to everyone, to show how much I love MMA, but to also show how much I love the Lighweight division.)
MALICE
11/21/07 9:56:42PM
Your enthusiasm is great. It's nice to see true mma fans.
hippysmacker
11/21/07 10:24:50PM
I'm with ya on the lightweight division. I think it would be wise for the first TV fight ,and the fight before a main event ,be in this division of any PPV . That way the crowd would be less likely to go home unhappy.
CornishMMA
11/21/07 10:45:46PM

but i do find it funny how some fans are suddently nuthugging the lw division
It was never boring and was the most exciting division in pride alot of the time, just cos it wasnt in the ufc for a while didnt make a difference to me, it was just dumb they got rid of it, considering the last one was a sick headkick ko at ufc 49! and its just messed up that we can only really have 2 maybe 3 UFC fighters in the world lw rankings, just imagine if the ufc signed gomi or kawajiri or melendez etc etc etc, those 3 rumored fights dont come close to affecting the world rankings and hardly even the ufc top 10 rankings tbh! so many great fighters in there means guys like tavares and miller are struggling to break into the ufc top 10 for lw

It is looking like a great event though and im loving these fights too, i will make an event thread for it tomorrow

Luke Cummo will fight on this card if he fails to get in on ufc 79 replacing an injured fighter like he wants too
postman
11/22/07 1:15:29AM
I love the LW they never let you down. Always a good fight.
Jackelope
11/22/07 2:25:31AM

Posted by postman

I love the LW they never let you down. Always a good fight.

What about Sean Sherk?
NatedawgThaM
11/22/07 2:31:29AM
UFC 71 was my wet dream and it became a reality!!! Best Card all year!!!

1. Rampage introduced as #1 in the world and the new beast at 205 in the UFC!
2. Chuck finally got KTFO!
3. Karo/Burkman was a good canidate got FOTY.
4. The arrival of Houston Alexander as Jardine got F'D UP!
5. Every fight was quick and there was a good finish or if they lasted longer they were wars!!!

BUt yeah this card looks great. Just hopefully the prelims aren't better then the TV card like the last 2-3 events! Cole Miller-Jeremy Stephens will be SICK!!!

WAR LIGHTWEIGHTS!!!
ChokeUout
11/22/07 2:46:56AM
No doubt....ONly thing that sucks is that they usually only show 4 fights on a fight night, 5 if the main card goes by quick. THere's gonna be at LEAST 5 I wanna see. I wanna see Swick again regardless of who he fights. Omigawa and Tavarez should be exciting. I wanna see a slick submission with Pelligrino and Crane. And holy shit, COle Miller and Jeremy Stephens has me drooling already! haha

But, Even with all that lightweight firepower on the card, the report just came up that Patrick Cote and Drew McFedries are gonna fight on there too, and I'll be looking forward to that just as much. Not only because the winner becomes someone to watch as he moves up the ranks, but Damnit, how can that fight end with anything BUT a Knockout?

Seriously, this is shaping up to be a sick card. If there's gonna be any other sick fights added to it, I'd perfer to see them at an upcoming UFC event so we have a better chance of seeing them aired. Real talk
CornishMMA
11/22/07 7:48:50AM
LOL at "the arrival of Houston" surely you have changed your mind on the magnitude of that moment now dude?
xchickox
11/22/07 9:55:55AM
yeah awesome card so far, proper submission finish heaven in the fights so far, should be some awesome explosive ground game in those fights
Scott_Revels
11/22/07 9:00:35PM
You can also add in Corey Hill with a unannounced opponent, which even then, it'll be interesting. Is he good enough to stay in the UFC? We'll find out.. I would hope that they'd save Corey Hill for the undercard, but knowing the star power he got from TUF 5, he'll probably be first fight, and Pellegrino/Crane will get bumped down.
NatedawgThaM
11/22/07 9:34:38PM

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL at "the arrival of Houston" surely you have changed your mind on the magnitude of that moment now dude?

Dude it was one loss. He made a mistake. Jesus Christ, What if I said change everybodies minds on GSP after 50 when he was subbed by hughes after making a mistake by tapping. Yeah complete different fighters but he only had 1 or 2 fights in the UFC before that title shot.

He got better didn't he? I'm not in any way,shape, or form comparing there skill levels but it's the same thing. God damn, get off Houstons nuts though. Seriously. Chucks a lucky puncher too. You don't see me telling him to get the F out the UFC. Yeah I put him down but I did say give him one last fight against Silva to see if he still gots it.

Houston will be back next fight. I promise.
Scott_Revels
11/22/07 9:55:38PM
I personally won't be picking Houston, but I will be hoping he wins (unless he's against a guy I like.) There really isn't any excuse for Houston having no ground game, after three fights in the UFC.

By the way, I didn't see this earlier, but Patrick Cote/Drew McFedries is also on this card! I know Pellegrino/Crane will be undercard now.. Lol.