UFN Weigh-In Results (Updated)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFN Weigh-In Results (Updated)
DCRage
7/18/08 7:56:51PM
The UFN weigh-ins for tomorrow night have just concluded. James Irvin has missed weight by 1.5 pounds, but the main event is still on.

Article

Update: Irvin has now made weight. He got down to 206 within the 1 hour allowed.
Quasar
7/18/08 8:00:58PM
video?
DCRage
7/18/08 8:02:32PM
Nope. No online coverage.
Quasar
7/18/08 8:06:16PM
Now if James wins people will give him the Thiago Alves treatment and downplay his victory.
Chuteboxer
7/18/08 8:07:02PM
Well, this is pretty sad. Irvin couldn't make the weight he's been making for most of his career? This is just sad.
jiujitsufreak74
7/18/08 8:11:24PM
he missed by 1 pound. im sure if they gave him the time he could do it. but they just agreed to fight as is.
joshryanshepherd
7/18/08 8:13:26PM
its pretty ridiculous for him to not make weight with him running around saying "its the most important fight I'll ever have"
juanez13
7/18/08 8:17:11PM
Just by 1.5 pounds, so i dont make much of it. He probably focused so much on coming in as big as he could (to have the strenght/size advantage) that he had trouble making the final weight.
DiabloFreak56
7/18/08 8:18:15PM
ROFL HAVE FUN GETTING THE TRAVIS LUTTER PUNISHMENT
gartface
7/18/08 8:21:36PM

Posted by Quasar

Now if James wins people will give him the Thiago Alves treatment and downplay his victory.

It's a little different than the 4 pounds that Thiago was over... Nice to see Brandon Vera is a pound under, kind of crazy.
Bemin
7/18/08 8:35:32PM
He made weight on the second try, just took him a bit longer to do it.

Link
Quasar
7/18/08 8:38:22PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Quasar

It's a little different than the 4 pounds that Thiago was over... Nice to see Brandon Vera is a pound under, kind of crazy.

No double standards!!!
jiujitsufreak74
7/18/08 8:40:49PM

Posted by Bemin

He made weight on the second try, just took him a bit longer to do it.

Link

i thought they just settled...well i am glad he made it so there is no controversy either way.
Bemin
7/18/08 8:43:26PM
They usually give you the option of taking some time (one hour more in this case) and making the weight and if you miss it again you can settle, or if you know you can't make the weight you can just settle right away.
jiujitsufreak74
7/18/08 8:46:53PM

Posted by Bemin

They usually give you the option of taking some time (one hour more in this case) and making the weight and if you miss it again you can settle, or if you know you can't make the weight you can just settle right away.

well i knew that was the common practice but the way MMA Weekly had it it sounded like they agreed to just settle and not make Irvin lose the weight. i thought maybe Silva didn't care about 1.5 lbs and saved Irvin the trouble...guess i was wrong lol.
juanez13
7/18/08 8:56:08PM
Mchubb316
7/18/08 9:08:54PM
I'm glad he made it. Iam kinda getting tired of guys not making weight. It is their profession, and it is their responsability to do what is asked from them.
TWITA
7/18/08 9:16:18PM

Posted by juanez13

Just by 1.5 pounds, so i dont make much of it. He probably focused so much on coming in as big as he could (to have the strenght/size advantage) that he had trouble making the final weight.

roman
7/18/08 9:31:00PM

Posted by Quasar

No they won't, he made the weight dude.
Mayhem13
7/18/08 9:49:40PM

Posted by Quasar

love the AV
loonytnt
7/18/08 11:00:03PM
well he made 206 so thats cool, i hope it doest hurt him in his fight
RNC
7/19/08 12:37:23AM
Irvin looks no bigger than Silva. I think his size/strength advantage just went out the door.
king_katool
7/19/08 1:06:10AM

Posted by RNC

Irvin looks no bigger than Silva. I think his size/strength advantage just went out the door.

ye i just took a look at the pics and silva and irvin the stare down they look same size and you could make the arguement for either
Quasar
7/19/08 7:36:53PM

Posted by roman

Posted by Quasar

No they won't, he made the weight dude.

Pardon me, I wrote that before this topic was updated, before he had the hour to make the weight.

And yeah I think if he won overweight, the MMA community would give him the treatment.