UFN 20 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFN 20 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
ncordless
1/11/10 11:39:03PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ncordless

I bet I never get Evan Dunham at +380 again.

Same here. My dumbass switched to Efrain at the last minute...

Yeah, I was close to doing the same after re-watching Efrain/Cole, but I heard something about Evan that made me stay with him. He showed heart, a chin, some outstanding jits, and most importantly, he kept his composure and made adjustments after that first round that let him take control of that fight.

Outstanding fight by both fighters, both have bright futures, and I hope Efrain's arm is not too bad and that he learned to tap.
ncordless
1/11/10 11:40:10PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ncordless

QFT

2 Underdog Bonus Points and $500 turned into $1900...it's just a shame that the other leg of my parlay didn't come through or I would be looking at 24 large.

Did you have Blackburn in there? I almost did but switched him out for Catone at the last minute.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/11/10 11:42:23PM
giving a SPLIT to gray is kinda insulting. I don't see any reason why a judge gave the fight to Diaz, nothing at all.
Franklinfan47
1/11/10 11:45:43PM
Well, I'm happy Maynard won because he completed the clean sweep of my parley and I had him by UD but I gotta say....I'm a little dissapointed. Diaz always tries to coax guys into fighting his game but I think Couture said it best in Maynards corner..."thats not your game". Gray didn't look like a LW belt contender to me, he looked like a guy who was content to do just enough to squeek a win. Neither guy went after it as much as they should imo. If tonights Maynard steps into the octagon with Penn he will get absolutely SMASHED. At this point, I think I would rather see Edger get it now.

Besides that, it was a great night of fights imo. Alot of close match ups, which made for some close and exciting decisions and finishes. Simpson-Lawlor was a war

I finished 9-1-1 on this card with like 72 points with the draw on the prelims and Escudero getting upset. But even on that one fight I got wrong, I gotta take my hat off to Dunham, guy is a gamer for sure.
grappler0000
1/11/10 11:47:53PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ncordless

QFT

2 Underdog Bonus Points and $500 turned into $1900...it's just a shame that the other leg of my parlay didn't come through or I would be looking at 24 large.

Did you have Blackburn in there? I almost did but switched him out for Catone at the last minute.

Yeah, Dunham and Blackburn was paying like 20-1.
ncordless
1/11/10 11:49:59PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ncordless

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ncordless

QFT

Yeah, Dunham and Blackburn was paying like 20-1.

I had Dunham, Simpson, and Blackburn at first... it was a ridiculous payout.
grappler0000
1/11/10 11:55:36PM

Posted by ncordless

I think I actually tested that one...I have stopped putting 3 fights in my parlays though, unless it's a pretty much a sure thing or I'm trying for a big payday at the end of the season.
ncordless
1/12/10 12:09:07AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ncordless

I think I actually tested that one...I have stopped putting 3 fights in my parlays though, unless it's a pretty much a sure thing or I'm trying for a big payday at the end of the season.

I had kind of thought Simpson was a sure thing Lawlor seems to be improving really fast.
higdon10
1/12/10 12:13:45AM

Posted by ncordless

I had kind of thought Simpson was a sure thing Lawlor seems to be improving really fast.

i thought the same thing. He had me pretty worried there for a little while. Lawlor was very impressive tonight.
sbulldavid
1/12/10 12:42:05AM
I thought the judges did a pretty decent job tonight with all the tough decisions. I don't know what you have to do to earn a 10-8 round anymore, Lawlor had one of the most dominant rounds I've ever seen. I though it could have been a draw but I was shocked to hear Simpson won, even though I picked him, and thought he was definitely the better fighter in the end. Maynard/Diaz was right up there with Shamrock/Severn II on the boring meter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]