UFN 13: RESULTS AND DISCUSSION

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFN 13: RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
« Previous Page
candynuts
4/2/08 9:47:45PM
This will be FOTN if this continues.
Aaronno9
4/2/08 9:49:46PM

Posted by owen1

Posted by Aaronno9

Suprised b.j isnt in joes corner. Or did i just miss him?

He's training 4 his fight

Yeah i guess. The fights still like 8 weeks away though, i just assumed hed be there.
hotrodttt
4/2/08 9:50:08PM

Posted by candynuts

Yeah Joe vs Kenny is Great So far, both getting good takedowns and submission attempts
juanez13
4/2/08 9:50:44PM

Posted by candynuts

IMO doesnt looks like it will last much lunger, Kenflo is full mount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job by defending by lauzon though.

YEA!! Kenny Florian finishes fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
candynuts
4/2/08 9:53:43PM
Nice, picked Kenflo rd. 2 KO/TKO. At least I ended with a win, probably one of the only fights I got right.
owen1
4/2/08 9:53:48PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by owen1

Anyone know what Kennys entrance music was????
Props for anyone that knows

Vicotory By Biggie and Diddy, but that was a remix with 50 cent

here is a link to the song LINK

Thanks,It says I must spread the love so ill give you props when I can.
Aaronno9
4/2/08 9:54:17PM
Lame

I picked kenny but i was really hoping joe might pull it out. Good performances all round though, props to both guys.
juanez13
4/2/08 9:54:38PM

Posted by owen1

Posted by juanez13

Posted by owen1

Anyone know what Kennys entrance music was????
Props for anyone that knows

Vicotory By Biggie and Diddy, but that was a remix with 50 cent

here is a link to the song LINK

Thanks,It says I must spread the love so ill give you props when I can.

No worries
silverbullet
4/2/08 9:54:40PM
Ken Flo dominated like i told you morons
owen1
4/2/08 9:54:50PM
Good fight!!!!
8-4 now for me
emfleek
4/2/08 10:09:12PM
What a shitty event for me. 6-6 and maybe 40 points.

I suck.
RampageOwnedYou
4/2/08 11:30:23PM
Great event for me 85 points and $2,869 won.

Not only that

TEAM MMA ARMY GOES INTO #1 in the Light Heavyweight division!:
Mayhem13
4/2/08 11:43:17PM
7-5
66 points...I wish I wouldnt have changed my Johnson pick....I even told people in a thread Johnsons standup was too good and he would KO tommy...but I changed it...

haha..oh well..that learns me dont it?
rabbit915
4/3/08 12:37:41AM
I just got back to my computer after watching the event in my friends room across campus. There is no way Maynard won every round in that fight and it was unanimous that he won every fight. That is the worst case of the UFC trying to put a fighter over another that i have ever seen. I am calling serious bull on that fight. Ahhhhh im angry.
Mayhem13
4/3/08 12:40:38AM

Posted by rabbit915

I just got back to my computer after watching the event in my friends room across campus. There is no way Maynard won every round in that fight and it was unanimous that he won every fight. That is the worst case of the UFC trying to put a fighter over another that i have ever seen. I am calling serious bull on that fight. Ahhhhh im angry.

really??

I think he won round 1 and 3 very easily..and 2 was almost dead even...with the slight edge to Maynard
npayant
4/3/08 12:49:27AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by rabbit915

really??

I think he won round 1 and 3 very easily..and 2 was almost dead even...with the slight edge to Maynard

I thought the exact same thing. He for sure won rounds 1/3 and I also gave him round 2. This is definitely NOT the worst decision I've seen by FAR!!!!!!
gartface
4/3/08 1:14:34AM
Kind of wish it was a split decision because I picked Gray to win by split.
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/08 1:46:43AM

Posted by rabbit915
There is no way Maynard won every round in that fight and it was unanimous that he won every fight.

Just because he didnt win every round doesnt mean it cant be unanimous. If one fighter wins one round obviously then the judges can still award the other two rounds to the other fighter. All 3 judges can say Maynard won two rounds and Edgar won one round and it is still unanimous
CornishMMA
4/3/08 11:09:54AM
he meant to type ROUND not FIGHT thop he could have more easily put it as - he thinks Edgar won round 2, it was close but all 3 judges and alot of play by play i read gave it 30-27 for Gray

I was big time worried when i hit 1-4 but then won 7 on the trot

But look at my missed parlay wager - it was $35 to win $4300 - and the 3 biggest dogs did won but Batman let me down, if id been more greedy and less conservative with bigger balls i would have had Neer or Alves instead of him

Buty going from around $800 to $2200 was quality so a great event for me and it lived up to the hype and was very exciting, would of been nice to see more prelims but nobody can complain about ANY of those 7 fights for FREE
rabbit915
4/3/08 11:21:14AM
Let me reiterate that statement now that im less drunk. I know that a unanimous decision is not that a guy won all three rounds. I was trying to say that the fight was scored 30-27 by every judge. Therefore he won every round unanimously.

I need to watch the fight again still but the way it looked to me (could be hazy):

Edgar outstruck Gray in the first round which is why half way through Maynard starts to look for a takedown because he realizes hes losing. He scores two takedowns and does minimal damage. The round ends with them on their feet.
I give the advantage to the better striking then the takedowns that Gray didnt do much with. 10-9 Edgar (i could see someone seeing this round the other way)

In round 2, Edgar gets outwrestled to the ground, gets up lands some good punches. Edgar gets a takedown, lets Gray up. Gray gets a takedown, Edgar looks for a kimura. So, 2 takedowns for Gray. 1 takedown and 1 submision attempt for Edgar plus striking advantage for Edgar. 10-9 Edgar

Round 3 was dominated by the wrestling of Maynard and i dont care to recount it because im giving him that round. 10-9 Maynard

So to me its 29-28 Edgar but i could see it being 29-28 Maynard. Im shocked however that all of the judges gave it 30-27 to Gray Maynard.

skinnator
4/3/08 9:35:02PM
Poor Houston Alexander training a month for the fight and it finishes in 8 seconds
CornishMMA
4/4/08 7:26:20AM

Posted by rabbit915

Let me reiterate that statement now that im less drunk. I know that a unanimous decision is not that a guy won all three rounds. I was trying to say that the fight was scored 30-27 by every judge. Therefore he won every round unanimously.

I need to watch the fight again still but the way it looked to me (could be hazy):

Edgar outstruck Gray in the first round which is why half way through Maynard starts to look for a takedown because he realizes hes losing. He scores two takedowns and does minimal damage. The round ends with them on their feet.
I give the advantage to the better striking then the takedowns that Gray didnt do much with. 10-9 Edgar (i could see someone seeing this round the other way)

In round 2, Edgar gets outwrestled to the ground, gets up lands some good punches. Edgar gets a takedown, lets Gray up. Gray gets a takedown, Edgar looks for a kimura. So, 2 takedowns for Gray. 1 takedown and 1 submision attempt for Edgar plus striking advantage for Edgar. 10-9 Edgar

Round 3 was dominated by the wrestling of Maynard and i dont care to recount it because im giving him that round. 10-9 Maynard

So to me its 29-28 Edgar but i could see it being 29-28 Maynard. Im shocked however that all of the judges gave it 30-27 to Gray Maynard.

Yeah i can kinda see your points, but im guessing you picked Edgar so prolly saw the 1st round biased for him, the striking was actually pretty event in that round but Gray got takedowns

Should have been 29-28 tho cos Franklie likely won the 2nd but judges know best
npayant
4/4/08 11:20:26AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by rabbit915

Yeah i can kinda see your points, but im guessing you picked Edgar so prolly saw the 1st round biased for him, the striking was actually pretty event in that round but Gray got takedowns

Should have been 29-28 tho cos Franklie likely won the 2nd but judges know best

I can see your point with the first round as well...BUT we know with UFC scoring in the past, if you get taken down twice in one round, you might as well kiss that round goodbye! (I don't necessarily agree with that...but that's the way it is). In this case, I personally don't feel Edgar did enough to counteract the two takedowns in the 1st round (my opinion).

As I said before, the 2nd round was close (but i did give it to Maynard).

P.S. Just so you know, I'm a huge Edgar fan, picked him to win this fight, and was cheering him on the entire fight. In saying that, I still gave every round to Maynard.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]