UFN 18: Griffin vs. dos Anjos Could Air On TV

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFN 18: Griffin vs. dos Anjos Could Air On TV
DCRage
3/12/09 1:22:56PM
With TUF 8 winner Efrain Escudero being forced off UFN 18 due to an injury, UFC likely will change the TV lineup. Although not yet definite, it's likely that Tyson Griffin vs. Rafael dos Anjos will be moved up to a TV fight and Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau demoted from main event to prelim.

Article
ziegler3334
3/12/09 1:34:46PM
No one likes to hear about an injury before a fight. But often when someone on the main card has to withdraw, it opens up a slot for a fight most people wanted to see as well. This is definitely the case once again here. I wasn't pleased about missing the griffin fight.

I'm really hoping tyson will finally be able to end his decision streak with a win in this one.
Wolfenstein
3/12/09 1:39:21PM
I think I'd rather watch Stephens vs Tibau since it's a more competetive match. That one could go either way, but Griffin vs Dos Anjos--well it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Griffin will sprawl and brawl his way to a boring decision by outboxing Dos Anjos with his T-Rex arms.
sparky
3/12/09 1:57:16PM
I dont know if I like that idea to much.
prozacnation1978
3/12/09 2:15:33PM
they should put almeida vs horwich in it's place but over all they really need to make this a 3 hour time slot instead of 2
MMAcca
3/12/09 2:58:51PM
Main event to prelim ? That's a pretty big drop, i doubt that will happen.
Twenty20Dollars
3/12/09 3:27:44PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I think I'd rather watch Stephens vs Tibau since it's a more competetive match. That one could go either way, but Griffin vs Dos Anjos--well it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Griffin will sprawl and brawl his way to a boring decision by outboxing Dos Anjos with his T-Rex arms.

I agree, Tyson will take up like 15-20 minutes for this fight.

Whereas Stephens/Tibau could end in a finish and we could possibly see another fight.