UFN 14 Fighter Payouts Revealed

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFN 14 Fighter Payouts Revealed
DCRage
7/21/08 1:33:48PM
The UFN 14 fighter payouts have now been revealed by the NSAC. The total disclosed payouts were $623,000 with the lion's share-$400,000-split evenly between Anderson Silva & Brandon Vera.

Article
emfleek
7/21/08 1:38:56PM
Burns got a win bonus? I'm assuming that's in his contract because surely he didn't deserve it.
MMAcca
7/21/08 1:49:24PM
It's a good job Vera's pay isn't performance related......
Aaronno9
7/21/08 1:55:09PM
Wow, i didnt realise vera was being paid so much. Nice little payday for anderson aswell, 200k for a minutes work

How come he wasn't issued a win bonus anyways?
DCRage
7/21/08 2:01:19PM
My guess is he got what they sometimes call a "flat" payout, which guys like Liddell, Couture, Mirko, and some others have/had in their contracts, where they make a fixed amount win or lose.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/21/08 4:36:52PM

Posted by MMAcca

i never got to see Vera's fight.....was it that bad?
juanez13
7/21/08 5:33:38PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by MMAcca

he started good, showed crisp muy thai, good body kicks, but than they Reese started to clinch alot, and than Vera was trying to counter Andy, but andy wasnt throwing anything. So alot of the fight was clinch, and them standing in the center of the octagon doing basically nothing, just throwing faints.
loonytnt
7/21/08 5:44:42PM
wow vera got 200k? for that fight he should have got 25k imo
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/21/08 6:27:37PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by MMAcca

he started good, showed crisp muy thai, good body kicks, but than they Reese started to clinch alot, and than Vera was trying to counter Andy, but andy wasnt throwing anything. So alot of the fight was clinch, and them standing in the center of the octagon doing basically nothing, just throwing faints.

thanks buddy

i tried to sit through the fight night last night that buddy taped but i found myself hitting fast forward a lot, lots of sleepy fights....but i can always count on anderson to wake me up
wrona666
7/21/08 6:53:51PM
Guess Anderson didnt get a win bonus because they knew he would win.....LOL
nastshabast
7/21/08 7:23:00PM
Vera is vera boring to watch and way overpaid. The should have spread 150 of his out among the other fighters
durog
7/21/08 9:49:30PM
Was there a KO and Sub of the night bonus? With respect to Silva, I think Markim should get that bonus (that head kick was brutal)
RMFG_187
7/22/08 1:51:40AM

Posted by MMAcca

LMAO

and Tim got payed more than all of these guys.