Drew McFedries vs. Jordan Radev

Preliminary Bouts:
Jason Black vs. Thiago Tavares
Luigi Fioravanti vs. Forrest Petz
Pete Spratt vs. Tamdan McCrory
Nate Mohr vs. Luke Caudillo
Gleison Tibau vs. Jeff Cox
Chad Reiner vs. Steve Bruno

Meh, not a great card but I am definitely looking forward to Fisher's rematch and Fitch is finally getting some loving, even though he should be fighting tougher opponents.
xthe_scottx
6/6/07 1:18:52AM
I hope Nate Mohr wins. He has insanely fast hands and I really want him to stay in the UFC.
JunCTion
6/7/07 12:06:21AM
I think its a pretty good card for a fight night. I also dont think well see too many decisions. lots of tkos and subs
xthe_scottx
6/7/07 12:28:56AM

Posted by JunCTion

I think its a pretty good card for a fight night. I also dont think well see too many decisions. lots of tkos and subs

I agree. Unlike most people, I think this is a very solid card.
Ydoc
6/7/07 12:31:25AM
Yeah, I actually dig this card more than 72, so I'm glad it's free. A lot of evenly matched fighters and new talent ready to prove themselves on the big stage.
JunCTion
6/7/07 12:31:34AM
I think this is better than most fight nights and finales of the past. Ive actually heard of 12 of the 18 fighters
Stickan
6/7/07 1:53:15AM

Posted by JunCTion

I think this is better than most fight nights and finales of the past. Ive actually heard of 12 of the 18 fighters

For me, having heard of a fighter doesn't always translate into the fight being any better. Like in Pete Spratt. I really don't believe that's going to be a very good fight.

And look at a guy like Frankie Edgar or Leonardo Garcia. Where did they come from? Nobody knew they were and now everybody loves them.
CornishMMA
6/7/07 1:14:34PM
All very true - still this does appear better on paper than most past fight nights

But it still really annoys me that we only get 3 main cards fights just so they have entrances as well - was way better when they had 4 with no entrances
kaduey
6/7/07 4:13:08PM
I can't wait to see Jason Black tear it up in this division.
modogg
6/8/07 1:12:55AM
i heard a rumor they were trying to get Roder Huerta on this card, that would definately make it better. and this Fight NIght can't be any worse the Heath's arrival in the UFC, that was horrendous.
fedorwins1
6/10/07 3:15:24PM
Alot of people are picking Fisher to beat Stout, why is that? They already fought and Stout beat him, both of their strengths are striking, but Stout has better striking. I'm sticking with Stout on this one.
xthe_scottx
6/11/07 12:21:29AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Alot of people are picking Fisher to beat Stout, why is that? They already fought and Stout beat him, both of their strengths are striking, but Stout has better striking. I'm sticking with Stout on this one.

Fisher took the fight two days before the day of the fight. Thus, he had to cut over 20 pounds in two days and didn't train for this fight yet Stout barely got the victory. A trained Spencer Fisher who cuts properly should win and probably will win this fight IMO.
Sam_Rothstein
6/11/07 1:13:40PM
i really hope the jason black fight makes it on the show, i really wanna see what he can do in the ufc

im also wagering a lot on spencer fisher, i think he has a lot of talent so im gonna go with him

would also be cool if the old pete spratt that ruined robbie lawlers legs showed up too
fedorwins1
6/11/07 1:19:37PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Posted by fedorwins1

Fisher took the fight two days before the day of the fight. Thus, he had to cut over 20 pounds in two days and didn't train for this fight yet Stout barely got the victory. A trained Spencer Fisher who cuts properly should win and probably will win this fight IMO.

Oh ok I see now lol, dang he only had two days notice! It was a close fight then also. I think I'll change my pick.
taz3423
6/12/07 12:24:01AM
Could be a solid card from top to bottom. It could possible be worth trying to dl the undercard some good bouts in there.

I really thought the UFC would show Tavares/Black on the televised portion as they are two potential contenders of the division and have great records to show for it.

Stout/Fisher should be a good bout if it is anywhere near their first encounter.
Fitch/Carneiro is interesting as everyone gets to finally see Fitch fight. I think this could be a good match up.
Radev/McFedries - I'm hoping for a knock out and a real fast one. So they can show another fight. I think this fight is put on the main card because of the expectation of a highlight reel KO.

overall a good card. How they should be doing Fight Nights from now on. Showing up and coming talent with an intriguing Headlining Bout. Not much else you could ask for from free TV.
MisFiT
6/12/07 9:15:17PM
Look its Whore gay haha.
MMA
6/12/07 11:07:53PM
I take back what I said, this was an awesome fight card. Stout has a fcking iron chin!
loller90278
6/12/07 11:09:56PM
i really, really enjoyed thiago tavares. i mean, i bet on jason black cuz he's a beast, and i'm glad i lost because tavares is like, really really good.
cowcatcher
6/12/07 11:10:17PM
without giving anything away i just wasnt to say that that was the best fight night ever.......props to both stout and fisher, great show
Basshandsome
6/12/07 11:29:23PM

I thought that was easily the best Fight Night ever. Usually i end up bored with some of the fights but on this one, every fight impressed me. All fights were very explosive and technical.
grappler0000
6/12/07 11:33:55PM
The Stout/Fisher bout was exciting...it went exactly as expected. I was a little worried for Fitch for a while there, but he pulled it off...overall a good fight. I was extemely impressed with Tavares. I can't wait to see him in there again.
mkiv9secsupra
6/12/07 11:49:59PM
the stout/fisher fight was boring.......all it was, was 2 guys punching each other for 15 minutes straight........... ..................

seriously that was f'ing awesome though. Fisher has some lightning quick hands Stouts chin is amazing. Thumbs up to both fighters!!
Sam_Rothstein
6/13/07 12:37:45AM
great fight night

i lost a ton on jason black, i know he probably was drained from dropping 20 lbs to lightweight but tavares just dominated him i think he will be big trouble in the lw division

spencer fisher must be crazy if he thought that was a draw, he was rocking the shit out of sam stout, but sam did mess up his face pretty good

kaduey
6/13/07 10:35:07AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

the stout/fisher fight was boring.......all it was, was 2 guys punching each other for 15 minutes straight........... ..................

seriously that was f'ing awesome though. Fisher has some lightning quick hands Stouts chin is amazing. Thumbs up to both fighters!!

How the hell was that a boring fight? I think you have this fight confused with Griffin/Bonnar 1. This fight was a stand-up clinic. Did you see the precision of the punches, the amount of muay thay elbows thrown, the kicks? Quit trying to sound like a hardcore mma fan because there wre was no ground game! I guess most of Liddell's matches are boring too than, or are they exciting because "all his fights, guys get knocked out."
cowcatcher
6/13/07 10:52:53AM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

How the hell was that a boring fight? I think you have this fight confused with Griffin/Bonnar 1. This fight was a stand-up clinic. Did you see the precision of the punches, the amount of muay thay elbows thrown, the kicks? Quit trying to sound like a hardcore mma fan because there wre was no ground game! I guess most of Liddell's matches are boring too than, or are they exciting because "all his fights, guys get knocked out."

obviously your sarcasm gland isnt working
fedorwins1
6/13/07 12:35:58PM
Damn I did horrible on this card! It was an awesome card though!
griffinisback
6/13/07 8:02:02PM
Bit disappointed stout lost
mkiv9secsupra
6/14/07 12:40:15AM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

wow.....im speechless.....obviously you've never heard of this amazing thing called......S-A-R-C-A-S-M......
EEKS
6/14/07 3:56:46AM
Cant believe i missed it, so mad!
Aether
6/14/07 4:00:43AM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Read the second sentence in the original quote.... It's probably a good idea to read someone's entire post before ripping into them.
Pages: [1] 2