UFN 15: Diaz Vs. Neer Results/Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFN 15: Diaz Vs. Neer Results/Discussion
« Previous Page
nickcuc547
9/17/08 10:13:29PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

yeah, he doesn't realize that UFC judges don't give a shit about submission attempts. If it were PRIDE Neer would probably have taken it but I really doubt under UFC criteria that his constant attacks from the bottom will mean anything.

I have to disagree, i know neer went for a lot of subs, but he never got close besides the choke in the second. diaz made it look effortless stepping over and defending the arm bar. I have to be honest I think people put too much stock in sub attempts.

I'm not saying I disagree with Diaz winning the fight, under UFC judging criteria he clearly won, but under PRIDE judging criteria Neer definitely would've taken it. I'm just saying Neer was making a bad decision by making sub attempts from the bottom, because unless he got a finish he was obviously going to lose.

well in that case I agree, after watching nog vs. ricco i have to say pride judging does put a lot of stock in sub attempts.
grappler0000
9/17/08 10:19:09PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

yeah, he doesn't realize that UFC judges don't give a shit about submission attempts. If it were PRIDE Neer would probably have taken it but I really doubt under UFC criteria that his constant attacks from the bottom will mean anything.

I have to disagree, i know neer went for a lot of subs, but he never got close besides the choke in the second. diaz made it look effortless stepping over and defending the arm bar. I have to be honest I think people put too much stock in sub attempts.

I'm not saying I disagree with Diaz winning the fight, under UFC judging criteria he clearly won, but under PRIDE judging criteria Neer definitely would've taken it. I'm just saying Neer was making a bad decision by making sub attempts from the bottom, because unless he got a finish he was obviously going to lose.

well in that case I agree, after watching nog vs. ricco i have to say pride judging does put a lot of stock in sub attempts.

or a lot of stock in who they want to win
DevonFoxy
9/17/08 10:28:52PM

Posted by Pookie

7-3 with 66 points

7-3 with 70 points our camp is looking good on the night sir
copcopps
9/17/08 11:18:46PM
I got 65 points on UFC.com
casey64
9/18/08 7:51:15AM
I got 54 points, not bad.
copcopps
9/18/08 11:32:29AM

Posted by casey64

I got 54 points, not bad.

My only correct picks were Guida and Lauzon.
MMAcca
9/18/08 2:41:48PM
Anybody from the UK online and waiting to watch the replay on Setanta ?

They've put it back half an hour!!!
MMAcca
9/18/08 4:26:37PM
Nobody then ?
MMAcca
9/18/08 4:27:17PM
???
Aaronno9
9/18/08 4:45:18PM
I watched it last night buddy, be prepared for a shit load of breaks
MMAcca
9/18/08 11:26:20PM