UFCFN: Parisyan VS Alves - WHO WINS AND HOW?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFCFN: Parisyan VS Alves - WHO WINS AND HOW?
Next Page »
POLL: Parisyan VS Alves - WHO WINS AND HOW?
Parisyan KO/TKO 8% (7)
Alves KO/TKO 24% (21)
Parisyan SUBMISSION 12% (10)
Alves SUBMISSION 0% (0)
Parisyan DECISION 44% (38)
Alves DECISION 12% (10)
CornishMMA
1/11/08 8:58:21AM
My first reaction is for Thiago Alves, this guy just seems special, so explosive and i think he will dominate the standup and somehow keep it mostly there - Karo did settle in and strike against Burkman and Chonan and IMO will make a mistake by doing the same thing

But Thiago may have to deal with some crazy judo throws!

Boo_Radley21
1/11/08 9:18:21AM
Karo by SD.
tuvok500
1/11/08 11:04:19AM
I want Alves to win !! no matter how, even by cut !! lol

Purge
1/11/08 11:11:09AM
Alves by ko.

Karo is good, but he seems more style than substance.
xchickox
1/11/08 11:12:06AM
i think it will be an awesome fight, and i think alves will take it by ko
Leland
1/11/08 11:25:21AM
karo by head drop
gsquat
1/11/08 11:52:50AM
Karo by lame desicion.

p.s. I'd love to see Karo get ko'd... but it never seems to happen
Gladiator
1/11/08 12:29:35PM
Alves by viscious leg kicks.
Kastro
1/11/08 1:01:40PM
I think Karo will handle business.. I like both fighters, especially Alves he is more exciting to watch IMO but I dont think he will be able to deal with the skillset of Karo Parisyan...

I see this one going the distance, with Karo winning by UD... If Alves demenstrates some sick takedown defense though then we might see a KO or ref stoppage from Alves..

Really looking forward to this, great match-making!
FlyHigh
1/11/08 5:40:29PM

Posted by tuvok500

I want Alves to win !! no matter how, even by cut !! lol

i hear that, but i want a 20 sec first round KO
chickmagnet
1/11/08 5:46:08PM
This is a good fight, Thiago has great kicks and knees, Karo has got crazy throws and a solid ground game. This fight is hard to call, on the feet anything can happen, Karo has got some wild punches, Thiago has got great kicks, knees and punches, this fight could be a total brawl. Karo does have a disadvantage in the standup, so i think Karo will grab a hold of Thiago and throw him around for 3 rounds for a spectacular U.Desision
Pookie
1/11/08 5:54:01PM

Posted by chickmagnet

This is a good fight, Thiago has great kicks and knees, Karo has got crazy throws and a solid ground game. This fight is hard to call, on the feet anything can happen, Karo has got some wild punches, Thiago has got great kicks, knees and punches, this fight could be a total brawl. Karo does have a disadvantage in the standup, so i think Karo will grab a hold of Thiago and throw him around for 3 rounds for a spectacular U.Desision

I think if Karo does win a UD it will be because of throws and tosses. I cant see Karo scoring more on the ground then alves can on the feet though.
Alves SD/UD
nickcuc547
1/11/08 6:38:54PM
karo by ud, controls with his judo and ground and pound.
CactusBob
1/12/08 8:07:19AM
This will be determined by Karo's less-than-stellar conditioning. Alves will probably get a decision as Karo is so damn tough to finish. Still, Alves did finish Lytle (though by a cut), but Alves definatly gets the win one way or another.
NatedawgThaM
1/12/08 9:53:46AM
Karo "The Decision" Parisyan, by what? Who'd you guess? DECISION!!!

I lost total respect for Karo for ducking Fitch. This is an easy fight for Karo since he has a good chin and usually goes all out for 3 rounds and has good fights. Who knows, if Thiago works them kicks, it could be a split decison that maybe favors him because those kicks could neutralize the judo.

But I still think Karo will outwork him with GNP thus giving him the decision.
Mayhem13
1/12/08 10:21:26AM
Parisyan by SD is what I am thinking
jiujitsufreak74
1/12/08 12:14:30PM
I really want alves to win this fight by KO but he is susceptible to submissions by karo if this hits the ground. i see alves improving his all-around game working n his sub defense and working a little judo. i see alves KOing karo or banging out to a UD only because i feel he is more athletic, has better hands and he won't gas. karo has had a cardio problem in the past and if he gets to the 3rd round with alves one dropped hand could mean the end for karo. hopefully if alves wins and davis gets a few more wins it could set up a rematch between the two. alves vs davis is a dream match-up that i would love to see in the future.
seanfu
1/12/08 1:46:36PM
Alves by wrestling L&P non effective on the ground, The standup could be even.
DBest
1/12/08 6:25:08PM
I see this fight going to Karo via UD. I think he will control Alves on the ground with ease. However Alves could catch him like Matt Serra did (although Serra could not finish him) and finish him for the TKO. Should be a good fight either way.
Pitbull09
1/12/08 11:31:50PM
I really really really would want Alves to win. Hes young in this sport and I think he's improving every fight. He use to suck at submission defense (the fight with Fisher was terrible) but I think he could pull this one out by either going to judges or a TKO.

WAR ALVES
DevonFoxy
1/13/08 12:13:11AM
The thing that makes me disturbed about this fight is that Karo could have fought Kos or Fitch as they are also on the 82 card and would have been just as healthy and had enough training as well. I suppose it was smart to avoid both as they both would affectively end his title picture aspirations.

Karo will prolly win by UD sadly but Karo has been known to choke when he is close to a title shot so this could get interesting folks.
Believe-in-judo81
1/13/08 1:32:56AM
Even though I usually enjoy watching Karo fight, I think I might have to root for Alves in this one. He's a talented guy, he's young and fun to watch, and he busted his ass pretty much all of his adult life for a chance to be something as a fighter. He's very strong and has quite an advantage stand-up wise it would seem, and I think he'll put it to use. Karo has been known to let emotion or ego get the better of him and to let himself stand up and bang it out with guys, even when it's not the best choice. It's gotten him in trouble before, and here, it just might get him laid out.

I'll tentatively take Alves by KO second or third round, he's hungry for his time in the spotlight, and would love a shot at that belt.
blkssncpt
1/13/08 3:27:37AM
Alves by KO/TKO he has sick kicks and those will take all of Karo's judo throws out of the picture

-Rob
Underhook
1/13/08 6:48:05AM
not champion matieral when the polls think karo is always going to win a decision i think karo is going to take alves lightly and get TKO'd late in the 2nd, if karo can actually finish a fight that would be ok too

alves is champion material if you ask me, however i dont see him getting the belt but i think he has a better chance than karo and getting a shot after fitch, yes thats right karo is behind fitch and dosnt want to fight him because fitch is a beast, does karo seriously want to fight GSP again? i think hes waiting for GSP to get beat (if that ever happens again soon)
Pookie
1/13/08 5:50:46PM

Posted by seanfu

Alves by wrestling L&P non effective on the ground, The standup could be even.

Wha...?

C'mon man... that doesnt make even the slightest bit of sense.

A kickboxer Lay-n-Praying on a top notch grappler would be the dumbest strategy to go into the fight with, let alone pulling off.
vick_vega
1/13/08 7:12:09PM
Karo is underated. I am taking him in this one. I see a decision. I think he will be too strong for Alves. It will be a great fight. Stop hating on Karo for being smart. They all do it. Chuck Liddel's trainer John Hackleman, just said he hope Chuck does not fight Lyoto Machida. It would be a terrible matchup for him, and I totally agree with that. I dont see you guys bitching about that.
iwannabesedated
1/13/08 8:09:41PM
Im takin Karo by......You guessed it UD.Karo is hit or miss either his fights are a war like him Vs Diego or a bore like Karo vs Chonan
CornishMMA
1/15/08 11:08:42AM
Karo just isnt a finisher is he? Its ok as long as you are exciting but a few of his fights have been a bit dull

I just think Karo will try and stand and that will be a big mistake! LEG KICKS!

But IF Karo did fight smart im sure he could control Alves with judo takedowns then LnP, dont see him being that active on top

Tho im a bit unclear about Thiagos BJJ defence? anyone?
Gladiator
1/15/08 1:11:52PM
Alves should be able to handle karo on the ground, i would give karo a slight advantage but he has not submitted people in his past fights who IMO are not as experienced in BJJ as Alves. I really do think the leg kicks will be the determining factor in this fight, karo has been progressively been spending more time on his feet in the last three of his fights which will be a big mistake against Thiago Alves. If u saw Thiago's last fight against chris lytle then u know how devestating his leg kicks are. I see karo staying comfortable on his feet for the first couple of minutes in the first round and absorbing some huge leg kicks, eventually he will go for his patented judo throws and be unable to pull it off because his leading leg is so damaged. after his legs are completely shot somewhere late in the second round or early third round, alves will get the ko/tko or UD.
Underhook
1/15/08 7:43:56PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Tho im a bit unclear about Thiagos BJJ defence? anyone?

from what ive seen from him on his back he looks decent, the alves/fisher fight was pretty back and forth as was the fitch/alves fight
Pages: [1] 2