UFC88: LIDDELL READY FOR EVANS

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC88: LIDDELL READY FOR EVANS
MMAcca
9/2/08 2:07:16PM
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight titleholder Chuck Liddell takes on undefeated Rashad Evans in the main event of UFC 88 from the Philips Arena in Atlanta on Sept. 6. And, with a win, Liddell hopes to move back into title contention and earn an opportunity to regain the belt against current champion Forrest Griffin.

Liddell's been in mega-fights before with the likes of Randy Couture, three times, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson twice, Tito Ortiz twice and former Pride Fighting Championship middleweight title holder Wanderlei Silva.

Questioned whether he can get up for a match with Rashad Evans, Liddell told MMAWeekly, "I don't find it hard to get motivated for fights. I love fighting and I want to get my title back. I want to get my title back, so I'm highly motivated for that."

LINK
gsquat
9/2/08 5:39:11PM
No. Chuck is not "ready" for Rashad.
sparky
9/2/08 6:48:31PM
I love how Chuck had one questionable fight and now he cant get motivated. Sure he might have lost 2 times in a row but one was strickly because he was being sloppy and it cost him his title. The second loss was questionable anyone who has watched chuck fight before knows something was up there he wasnt himself at all. The fight with Silva proved that he still has what it takes to be the best. Im absolutely pumped for this fight with Rashad Evans because Chuck is back, and ready to silence the HATERS!!
waylon_o
9/2/08 7:01:20PM
Rashad's strength by far is his wrestling. Liddell fought and beat Ortiz, Couture, and Babalu, who are by far better mma wrestlers than Evans, pretty handily. I'm pretty sure he can handle Rashad Evans.
IriShame
9/2/08 8:20:05PM

Posted by waylon_o

Rashad's strength by far is his wrestling. Liddell fought and beat Ortiz, Couture, and Babalu, who are by far better mma wrestlers than Evans, pretty handily. I'm pretty sure he can handle Rashad Evans.

I gotta second this. I think it's crazy talk to call Chuck over the hill and think a guy like Rashad Evans is going to beat him. Rashads style is taylor made to fall victim to the Iceman. He's prayed on 2nd rate wrestlers with poor standup his entire career and even if he has lost a step I don't see him changing that now. Even when Chucks time has come and gone he's still going to be knocking out guys like Evans. It's just what he does.