UFC Tito vs. Dana...What a Joke

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Tito vs. Dana...What a Joke
« Previous Page
Ydoc
4/14/07 2:03:59AM

Posted by ufcbadboy

Dana said something during the 1.5 hour show. Something about him being like "scorched dirt" and that if he wanted to, he could bury Tito and his career.

Close.

Scorched-earth: An antitakeover strategy in which the target firm disposes of those assets or divisions considered particularly desirable by the raider. Thus, by making itself less attractive, the target discourages the takeover attempt. Such a strategy is almost certain to penalize the shareholders of the target firm.

I liked that too SVA... congratulations on the modship. Dana came off very humble. I enjoyed his various sparring fights with different weight classes.
Svartorm
4/14/07 3:05:16AM
Congrats on having a giant pile of fake money. I think you got some of that from me too.
EyedZero
4/14/07 5:55:14PM
What a disapointment, I waited and waited....Still no fight...Had I known that there was no fight I wouldnt have even watched....Its like they tricked us, It wasnt called 'The Fight That Never Was', Just its title was a Load Of BS...Im more agitated from the lost time...Could have done something more productive...Like posting on this site for example
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BIGKAT
4/14/07 5:56:03PM

Posted by Ydoc

Why show it? To punk Tito. He looks like a little bitch now, afraid to be exposed on a contracted fight he asked for. I knew the fight wasn't happening, so I enjoyed it for what it was, a diary of Dana White training. I was impressed on those last two sparring sessions, he did pretty well. Loved Chuck and Randy picking Dana to win, and Chuck saying all he has to do is throw hands to make him start blocking and cornering himself.

There ya have it....Chuck told ya the key to victory! Tito freezes up when he gets hit in that pretty "ugly" face!
BIGKAT
4/14/07 6:01:08PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Anyway if they were to fight I think it would go to decision with Tito winning, but a close decision not a complete 3 round beating like most people think would've happend. I was getting annoyed about how much Dana was cursing, dang I didn't know he cursed that much!! Everyother word out his mouth was f**k.

I agree he shouldn't have cursed so much ...
'
That was........F***ING B*LLSH*T!
ufcbadboy
4/14/07 9:37:16PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by ufcbadboy

Close.

Scorched-earth: An antitakeover strategy in which the target firm disposes of those assets or divisions considered particularly desirable by the raider. Thus, by making itself less attractive, the target discourages the takeover attempt. Such a strategy is almost certain to penalize the shareholders of the target firm.

Thanks for the the definition, I had never heard that before.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 11:04:08PM
I stayed up until 12:30 for that bs when I had to wake up at 4:30 the next morning. you do not know how pissed off I was that nothing happened, i seriously thought abot driving to UFC headquarters and bitchslapping Dana White then driving to Huntington Beachand beating Tito with a crobar.
ButterBalls
4/15/07 11:42:46PM

Posted by Juggernaut

I stayed up until 12:30 for that bs when I had to wake up at 4:30 the next morning. you do not know how pissed off I was that nothing happened, i seriously thought abot driving to UFC headquarters and bitchslapping Dana White then driving to Huntington Beachand beating Tito with a crobar.

I believe 2 guys tried to crowbar thing with Tyson once as well. I remember hearing about it on Sportscenter.

"Both men were admitted to the hospital for emergency treatment. Tyson was not treated."
BionicIng
4/16/07 12:32:22AM

Posted by Mastodon2

I dont think this damaged anyones reputation but Tito's, but Dana didnt have a choice in whether or not to show the documentary, because it had already been completed before the fight didnt happen, so Spike wouldnt have let it not be aired, because their investment would have gone to a complete waste.

exactly
BadSanta
4/17/07 4:04:46AM
UFC Fighter Says UFC President “Disrespects All Fighters,” by his Attitude.

“Dana White has once again taken the low road..." says Tito Ortiz. Statement from Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter Tito Ortiz about accusations by Dana White, UFC President on Spike TV Thursday, April 12, 2007:

"Dana White has once again taken the low road and decided to try to damage my reputation and credibility in a public forum. During an appearance on Spike TV on April 12th White accused me of failure to show up for a fight we had originally scheduled for March 24th. He did so at the end of the program and gave me no opportunity to respond or tell the real story, which is simply this: White was fully informed well in advance of March 24th that I would not fight without a contract, which White refused to sign.

Fighting is my livelihood and jeopardizing my body without a full understanding of conditions, doesn’t make any sense. No professional fighter will go into a risky match without a contract.

I’ve struggled to get respect and dignity for my profession and I do it in the way I lead my life as a fighter and as a human being. Dana’s attitude not only disrespects me, but all fighters. I am taking this stand just not for this one incident, but for all future champions.

I want to reiterate: I am ready to settle my differences with Dana White in any fighting forum we can agree on, but only if there is a signed contract that stipulates where the money is going, whether it is to charity or to the fighters doesn’t matter as much as having a definitive agreement.

Until Dana White is ready to fight me on a professional basis, I strongly urge him to keep his mouth shut."

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/chee/cheeufc_041607.htm
nubby
4/17/07 10:54:24AM
I'm tired of this topic can we get a mod lock.
PITBULL2
4/17/07 11:40:39AM
I actually liked the show. I had heard something about them fighting and it was cool to see the background between Tito and Dana. Honestly, with all the details put aside, Tito asked for the fight and didn't show. It's really that simple when it comes down to it.

The problem with UFC broadcasts (and almost any other TV broadcast) is that they have the right to show what they want and portray a certain person in their best interest. Just like Shamrock complained that on TUF they made him look like a negligent coach and what not.
JunCTion
4/17/07 1:55:46PM

Posted by nubby

I'm tired of this topic can we get a mod lock.

i agree. for the thread tiltle this is sure getting a lot of air time
jocksmall
4/25/07 5:31:13PM
this is the kind of bs that makes me like pride better. im not saying pride has better fighters or making any argument other than the ufc doesnt make choices that are in the best interest of the fans. what was this show some kind of dana ego trip? it was false advertisement. i had a couple of friends over and we expected a fight. i have been catching most of the last several events online. i take it personally when i am mislead .
DANA WHITE IS THE FIGHT NAZI
JunCTion
4/25/07 6:04:24PM

Posted by jocksmall

this is the kind of bs that makes me like pride better. im not saying pride has better fighters or making any argument other than the ufc doesnt make choices that are in the best interest of the fans. what was this show some kind of dana ego trip? it was false advertisement. i had a couple of friends over and we expected a fight. i have been catching most of the last several events online. i take it personally when i am mislead .
DANA WHITE IS THE FIGHT NAZI

i like pride better for the rules, fights and no soap opera crap. but now that the fritos own pride it may become its own soap opera.

rameydl8
4/26/07 7:49:38AM
that was the biggest watse of time in my life
Pages: 1 [2]