UFC 74 Tim Sylvia Vs TBA (Who Agree's It is FEDOR)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 74 Tim Sylvia Vs TBA (Who Agree's It is FEDOR)
Next Page »
crocop901
6/25/07 7:52:03PM
Not 100% sure but lets say Very sure it will be Fedor. when Tim had the belt both organizations wanted to see this fight but Tim dodged Him?
Tons33
6/25/07 7:55:43PM
I can definitely see that happening. I dont think the higher ups like Sylvia too much, so why feed him to the lion. Fedor will dispatch sylvia rather quickly. Fedor should be able to dominate in the cage even better then what we saw in the ring.
tepid55
6/25/07 7:55:51PM
Sylvia is going to get owned.
Lord_Lenny
6/25/07 7:59:05PM
I'd pay money for that fight alone... all 6 seconds of it
Piccosaur
6/25/07 8:03:49PM
I don't remember Tim dodging him, in fact Tim talked some smack about Fedor after beating Arlovski.

I hope they make Fedor vs. Sylvia a contendership match.
KillaMed87
6/25/07 8:04:11PM
honestly i dont think it will happen, why have tim get owned in the UFC?? Wont look good for the UFC for our previous champ to get destroyed.
blkssncpt
6/25/07 8:04:41PM
if this happens (and believe me in hope it does but still have my doubts) timmy is going to get rocked and totally dominated. if it happens i predict this to be fedor first win by KO... POOR POOR TIMMY
kimoron
6/25/07 8:06:45PM
i dont think that the ufc will throw tim against fedor just yet but i sure hope im wrong
Basshandsome
6/25/07 8:07:19PM

Posted by KillaMed87

honestly i dont think it will happen, why have tim get owned in the UFC?? Wont look good for the UFC for our previous champ to get destroyed.

I dont see Dana letting a move like that happen

ProfessorChaos
6/25/07 8:10:20PM

Posted by KillaMed87

You're missing the point. They want to hype up Fedor since he will be the champ until he retires. It will look really good to fans that don't know Fedor to see him knock out the former champ in 18.24 seconds.
nubby
6/25/07 8:19:49PM

Posted by Basshandsome

Posted by KillaMed87

I dont see Dana letting a move like that happen

LOL. You guys and your premonitions. Dana would definitely make this fight happen.
Piccosaur
6/25/07 8:21:25PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Posted by KillaMed87

You're missing the point. They want to hype up Fedor since he will be the champ until he retires. It will look really good to fans that don't know Fedor to see him knock out the former champ in 18.24 seconds.

I definetly agree with you. It isn't like Fedor is going to come and then leave after he rocks Sylvia. He is going to stick around hopefully untill he retires. Saying UFC wants to hype up Fedor can't be put into better words. Also UFC fans still aren't impressed with the whole Pride movement after what happened to Cro-Cop. They'll think Fedor is another joke and then he'll start taking out some big names. Fedor will be praised in the UFC just as much if not more than when he fought in Pride.
nubby
6/25/07 8:40:49PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Posted by KillaMed87

I definetly agree with you. It isn't like Fedor is going to come and then leave after he rocks Sylvia. He is going to stick around hopefully untill he retires. Saying UFC wants to hype up Fedor can't be put into better words. Also UFC fans still aren't impressed with the whole Pride movement after what happened to Cro-Cop. They'll think Fedor is another joke and then he'll start taking out some big names. Fedor will be praised in the UFC just as much if not more than when he fought in Pride.

Unless he loses to Couture. At which point Randy can retire and the best fighter ever.
cincyassasin
6/25/07 8:48:08PM

Posted by Piccosaur

I don't remember Tim dodging him, in fact Tim talked some smack about Fedor after beating Arlovski.

I hope they make Fedor vs. Sylvia a contendership match.

Don't matter Randy would gladly give Fedor a run for his money and IMHO pull off the win of his carreer and retire as champ.
spider1179
6/25/07 9:08:43PM
Tim would be a great warmup for Fedor. One thing is for sure. Tim will not be able to circle the ring and hope for the best. Fedor will take the fight to him and end the fight early.
loller90278
6/25/07 9:17:41PM
tim via nasty GnP into a slick armbar
warglory
6/25/07 9:22:33PM
Is this all just speculation, or have there been rumors going around?
ProfessorChaos
6/25/07 9:23:05PM

Posted by loller90278

tim via nasty GnP into a slick gogoplata...im serious guys

iwannabesedated
6/25/07 9:50:48PM
I dont see how you can bring in Fedor and not give him a title shot...I mean he is the Pride champ...Hendo comes back to UFc and gets a shot immediatley...and for the fans that dont Know who Darth Fedor is...than tough shit..more than likely their someone who just recently got into MMA due to the mainstream recognizing it lateley.I think UFC/Pride should Unify the belts... Hendo rampage winner getting both belts...i mean anything can happen but Fedor is the champ and the #1 fighter in the world currently...so if i was Fedor...id be like...dude im frickin fedor.....why should i fight some can...just to show americans my skills...i read in that one fedor interview his trainer said hes only used about 50% of his skill....soo....i think we all want to see more...and it be a slap in the face for him not to get his shot right away...back the to topic...Let Vera fight Sylvia
Piccosaur
6/25/07 10:13:20PM
spider1179
6/25/07 10:19:58PM
Fedor's opponent will vary based on timing of his first fight. With Randy already slated to fight Gonzaga, that puts the next defense (either for GG or Randy) mabey in December at the earliest.

I agree that, based on what they are doing with Hendo, he should get an immediate title shot. Unfortunately, if he is ready to fight now he will get another opponent.

By the way, this is the first time I have heard this rumor. Does anyone have a link to some type of report stating this?
Piccosaur
6/25/07 10:37:17PM

Posted by spider1179

Fedor's opponent will vary based on timing of his first fight. With Randy already slated to fight Gonzaga, that puts the next defense (either for GG or Randy) mabey in December at the earliest.

I agree that, based on what they are doing with Hendo, he should get an immediate title shot. Unfortunately, if he is ready to fight now he will get another opponent.

By the way, this is the first time I have heard this rumor. Does anyone have a link to some type of report stating this?

I don't think there are any real reports. The only facts you can look at are:

Sylvia has talked smack about Fedor in the past, GG and Randy probably won't be Fedor's fight due to timing, and Fedor told the UFC he wants to go against top fighters only and Sylvia is a top fighter (in the UFC's eyes anyway).
Metafour
6/25/07 10:56:09PM
I hope that they put Fedor in there against Tim for his first fight. That would be very interesting... to see how long it lasts.
DJDark41
6/25/07 11:20:31PM
I thought he was supposed to be fighting Frank Mir again...? Whatever, I think Tim Sylvia would be a great opponent for Fedor as a welcome mat to the UFC. The only thing that Fedor would have to be careful of is the giant reach disadvantage, but I think Fedor would take him down easy, and those long limbs of Sylvia would be perfect for Fedor to grab a hold of and snap in half.
Piccosaur
6/25/07 11:24:57PM
In my opinion Sylvia is one of the only fighters who I think has a chance against Fedor to be honest. Don't say it's a hands down win for Fedor, especially for his first time in the cage.
Twenty20Dollars
6/25/07 11:53:40PM
Tim Sylvia vs Antoni Hardonk.

And have Brandon Vera vs Fedor in '08

cmill21
6/26/07 12:18:57AM
The problem with tim beating fedor is he will have to hurt him....I'm not saying it's impossible but Cro Cop didn't seem to hurt him enough to KO him, randleman dropped him on his head...i don't think I have to go on after the head drop...
hippysmacker
6/26/07 12:37:11AM

Posted by crocop901

Not 100% sure but lets say Very sure it will be Fedor. when Tim had the belt both organizations wanted to see this fight but Tim dodged Him?

Tim never dodged him, he actually believes he's the best by all accounts . Jerry Millen spouting off holds no credibility. That being said , careful what you wish for Timmy,I think Fedor will demolish him in one if this happens.
LR
6/26/07 12:54:18AM
Once again, a Fedor post that people have not done their research on. First off, Fedor doesn't have a deal. UFC is going to try to lock him down for 4-8 fights maximum. They want him in the UFC, and Fedor wants to fight non-cans. He also wants to bring over some Red Devils guys, probably not Aleksander since he wouldn't get a Visa here, or in Canada, or in most countries in the Western Hemisphere since he has multiple felonies. Second, he wants to guarantee he can fight in the Sambo championships and that UFC holds at least 1-2 events in Russia. He has stated these SAME terms in almost every negotiation he has had with all organizations.

Sylvia talked smack, and then backed down, and then declined to fight Fedor after Fedor had a couple title defenses. Tim Sylvia dodged Fedor. It's not speculation, it's fact. There are multiple stories, videos, PRIDEfc events where fans asked Fedor, and his corner said they called his camp and he said no. It's documented.

Fedor won't fight Sylvia, probably ever. If he does, I think Sylvia will have to earn it. And if Fedor does fight Sylvia, it'll probably get cut off the damn PPV card because Sylvia will be in the hospital. It's a horrible matchup for Sylvia. He's big, clumsy on his feet, and would get horribly submitted in the 1st round in a laughable display of his MMA skills.

Couture would have the same thing happen, but he'd give Fedor a run for his money if he could tackle Fedor to the mat. However, Fedor fights unbelievably in any form, on his back, doesn't matter.

Fedor would take Couture, round 1 by Submission with ease. You gotta appreciate the Sambo submissions he can pull off. People comment, multiple articles have been written, interviews done on the unorthodox ways he submits people. I can't imagine Couture has seen or anyone for that matter, the number of ways he can submit opponents.

Fedor's arrival, after all the rumor, will be legendary. I can only imagine US fans will be arrogant and think our guys can take him. It's going to be rather laughable, almost as laughable as the Liddell/Jackson fight. Couture, being a student of MMA, called the fight as he saw it, and said before it started that Jackson would win for the exact reasons I said he would win. And it happened. Get ready for PRIDE to take over.
ButterBalls
6/26/07 1:43:04AM
Alright seriously guys...I don't know how to make .gif files, but somebody has to exchange the bear for Timmy on the scooter.

Pages: [1] 2 3