UFC ring (cage) entrance too ghetto???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC ring (cage) entrance too ghetto???
« Previous Page
OB_Juan
2/3/07 9:05:38PM

Posted by Svartorm

I'd like there to only be one fight per ppv, where both fighters perform a two hour interpretive dance piece chronicling their lives from birth up until the fight.

Why even have them fight? They could just have a dance off. Gonzaga would be the future HW champ... word is he has sick breakdancing skills. Sylvia's line dancing would be so pwnt.
Brutalknees
2/4/07 12:52:56AM

Posted by cowcatcher

i'd hate to miss more dark matches due to entrances that shit sucks

I agree, I really don't care too much for the intro. It's just something to get the fighter and the audience pumped. Why over do it?
Secondly, the difference in intros makes UFC anfd Pride different.

I don't really consider it "ghetto." Instead, I think of it as less money spent on confetti and fireworks for a fight.

Imagine if Huerta, CroCop and Martin's matches had a long intro with fireworks, confetti, and pyros. The match would have lasted less time than fight itself. we'd miss a some of the dark matches, and the crowd would have booed even worse.
Reignofterror
2/4/07 1:32:31AM

Posted by jmoooooo

leave it as is. pride reminds me too much of wwe. too many introductions, too much overproduction, too much glam. they're fighters, there to fight, the emphasis should be on that, not on showmanship or "sports entertainment" as vince mcmahon would put it..........

ufc's entrance/introductions/pre-fight ceremonies just seem cleaner to me.

WWE brings a whole new element to stupidity with their entrances but Pride in a way makes fighters look like stars. Overglammed would be bringing your champion out in a limosine, or having an irishman bring a midget to the ring to resemble himself. Pride sustains professionalism, and ultimately creates an atmosphere for fans where you know you're going to enjoy what your watching.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/4/07 1:44:48AM

Posted by Reignofterror

Posted by jmoooooo

leave it as is. pride reminds me too much of wwe. too many introductions, too much overproduction, too much glam. they're fighters, there to fight, the emphasis should be on that, not on showmanship or "sports entertainment" as vince mcmahon would put it..........

ufc's entrance/introductions/pre-fight ceremonies just seem cleaner to me.

WWE brings a whole new element to stupidity with their entrances but Pride in a way makes fighters look like stars. Overglammed would be bringing your champion out in a limosine, or having an irishman bring a midget to the ring to resemble himself. Pride sustains professionalism, and ultimately creates an atmosphere for fans where you know you're going to enjoy what your watching.

thats what i mean...thats what i want from UFC...

PS....who has best Avatar now???
Manfred
2/4/07 2:17:33AM

Posted by OB_Juan

Maybe just make the Main events a little more special but not every fight.

Tito's entrance at UFC 40 was dope.

I agree. One of the best entrances in UFC history. PRIDE is a little over-the-top IMO
madmarck
2/4/07 3:48:25PM
Dana got rid of it cuzz he didnt want it to seem like Pro Wrestling. Which is what it was begging ot become (just the entrance) wathc Tito vs Ken 1. Kens entrance is like 5 minutes of him talking.

And how does A entrance become Ghetto then you call it cheap?
does Ghetto mean Cheap to You?
ghosty82
2/4/07 8:54:08PM
UFC should steal the PRIDE ring announcer, the crazy female one. That'd make the entrances much better
JasperRealtor
2/5/07 2:31:57AM
I agree. I want them to make it more exciting. That way, more folks can be entertained, more money goes into the sport, and more shows and mma events are televised. I am stretching the logic but I think you know what I mean.
strikefirstgear
2/5/07 2:53:03AM

Posted by JasperRealtor

I agree. I want them to make it more exciting. That way, more folks can be entertained, more money goes into the sport, and more shows and mma events are televised. I am stretching the logic but I think you know what I mean.

Less is more. The excitment comes from the fights and the fighters. They show us who they are in the ring. All the stuff in between is just waiting for the next fight.

To me it is the difference between a sport and spectacle. This is a sport.
madmarck
2/5/07 9:29:05AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by Svartorm

I'd like there to only be one fight per ppv, where both fighters perform a two hour interpretive dance piece chronicling their lives from birth up until the fight.

RofL, genius idea

We could Have Ulitmate Lord of the Dance
ULD!!!
smky213
9/29/07 1:12:01PM
id have to go with the pride entrances. it does give you more time tyo see the fighters more time for them to maybe show some personality. i like the idea of it being like a show it adds to the entertainment value.
smky213
9/29/07 1:16:20PM
when the hell do you see any dark matches anyway the ufc does that stuff on purpose did ya ever miss a dark match at a pride event very rare. i think if your droppin that much money for a ppv u should be able to see every match
Djbb
9/29/07 3:53:25PM
The way they come out through the crowd and into the cage gives it a darker, grittier, "underground fight club" type feel. Which is basically what UFC started out as.
ncordless
9/29/07 5:14:57PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by Svartorm

RofL, genius idea

We could Have Ulitmate Lord of the Dance
ULD!!!

Heh, everyone's gonna have to brush up on their Capoiera. It'll be more important than BJJ!!!!
ncordless
9/29/07 5:17:07PM

Posted by Svartorm

I am pretty sure that Genki has been there and done that.
Rush
9/29/07 6:22:48PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

One of the things I do like about Pride productions, is a general fighter introduction in the beggining.

I totally agree. I really liked that about Pride.
Raiderz757
10/1/07 12:18:14AM
i like they way it is with the fighters walking by the audience giving high 5's and whatnot
Naturaldisaster
10/1/07 8:07:33AM
I like it the way it is. Back when the fighters came out to the music and had fire and their own little video playing whent they walked out (Like chuck had at UFC 43) I thought it was just cheesey. I think it looks cooler when they just walk straight out of the locker room like they do now
The-Don
12/11/07 7:12:44PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

im not saying to change the way a fighter is naturally....i just mean the entrance space.....maybe they can put a 6 wide.......4' tall ramp leading from the back stage to the Octagon

of course i dont want UFC making fighters into something they're not......trust me...i dont want to see Matt Hughes entering the Octagon in a horse anymore than you do.....none of that bs....just a ramp is all i ask...

I get what your saying nothing flashy. just set it up in a way that as soon as the fighter enters the arena area where the cage is. have it so he can be seen all the way to the cage not lost in the crowd. That would be cool.

As for the pyro or anything flasy. Heck Leave that up to the fighters . If a guy wants to enter to flames or a wall of sparks like Kane or Goldberg let him. If the guy wants to just walk to the ring with no music great. What ever helps each fighter psyche himself up as he enters the ring. I have been in a couple of small martial arts competitions and the hardest part was walking from the locker room to the competition floor. If having a flashy enterence helps the guy get ready SO be it.
RMFG_187
2/14/08 10:51:34AM
Prides entrances were sick. that asian lady yelling the fighters name for like 2 minutes straight, the lights and everyones eyes on the fighter. same with K-1.

remember UFC is a business, its not alwayz about the employees(fighters)

chubbud22
2/14/08 12:02:08PM
I miss the gono, Genki Sudo, Anderson Silva Mayham,Saku displays.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mmadb
2/14/08 12:32:33PM
I think they should have them run down from the very top row of the arena/stadium and then drive them to ring/cage on a golf cart.

Wait a second, that sounds familiar...
emfleek
2/14/08 1:12:47PM
I'd be happy if they only had the entrance BS for main event fights only. All eyes ARE on the fighter...once they're in the cage/ring.

And by the way...

I think Rampage's howl is dumb.
Tein_Lung
2/14/08 7:57:24PM
If you notice they stoped it in the UFC not long after Zuffa took over a bankrupt buisness, they needed to cut cost and that was a HUGE cost that was removed... look at Pride they had the huge cost of expensive entrances and..... wow look at that they went bankrupt as well...
Tein_Lung
2/14/08 7:58:09PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Prides entrances were sick. that asian lady yelling the fighters name for like 2 minutes straight, the lights and everyones eyes on the fighter. same with K-1.

remember UFC is a business, its not alwayz about the employees(fighters)

that lady wasn't asian, atleast she didn't look it, go back to first Pride in the US they show her there she acutaly looks a bit country
ac_gi
2/15/08 12:15:48AM
Pride's entrance productions were great, and so are the UFC's. It was the difference's that made both appealing to me. I enjoy the different ways that different promotions bring you the same sport.
Pages: 1 [2]