UFC and Pride Info?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC and Pride Info?
Archangel
2/15/07 7:03:43PM
I am very new to Martial Arts in general, and would like to learn more about it. This is the first web page that I have been to about the sport. I have found a very nice "camp" and the people there are very knowledgeable especially our director tunefish. I feel like I've been hiding under a rock because of how much everyone seems to know about Martial Arts here. I have found a webpage called sherdog however it does not talk much about how this sport is evolving and becoming more and more mainstream. If anyone could provide me with a webpage it would be most appreciated.
Thank you.
hippysmacker
2/15/07 7:13:10PM
Sherdog. com is probably the most well known and established site around for info. I would avoid the forums however, because they are pretty angry the majority of the time.
MMAWEEKLY.COM has pretty good info also'
there are a lot more, but usually anyhting posted on any of them will be linked or pasted by someone here. P.S please come to enjoy all MMA. Don't become a UFC/Pride or any other organization's nutthugger if you can help it.
Archangel
2/15/07 7:23:32PM
Thank you very much for your speedy response. I will take your advice and I will activate the "Props" hand for you. I am preparing for a college term paper and do not wish to get in a skirmish. I realize there is alot of testosterone in the air. Thanks
Ydoc
2/15/07 7:44:09PM
He's so polite... I like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 8:22:52PM
Wikipedia is a great site, I use it all the time... It helps if you know what you are looking for specifically, well makes it a little easier anyways...

Personally I like to use a combination of Sherdog's Fight Finder and then I'll just open youtube or google video or something along those lines in another window...

Look up a fighter you like or are interested in, and just start clicking away at what ever catches your eye... Then go find the fights on whichever website you're using and next thing you know you're late for work...

That's how it works for me anyways...

If you look around in some of the other Forums there are threads listing some good sites for finding different fights...

Hope that helps

madmarck
2/15/07 8:32:56PM
Okay if you want to learn about MMA check out youtube. Lots of good fights and docunmentries on there.
For MMA related sites here is my general list:
Sherdog
MMA Weekly
UFC junkie
MMA today
MMA today is great. It has links to the sites of: fighters, Schools,Camps, Orgs, etc.
Archangel
2/16/07 10:23:57AM
Thank you everyone I have given "props" to all of you. You have all been very nice and helpful. Thanks.
richieb19
2/16/07 10:31:14AM
What exactly are you looking for, the history of those orgs, or a full history of MMA? Either way check out this thread, it will give you the full list of all champions in both orgs: UFC/Pride Champions thread
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 10:57:47AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Sherdog. com is probably the most well known and established site around for info. I would avoid the forums however, because they are pretty angry the majority of the time.
MMAWEEKLY.COM has pretty good info also'
there are a lot more, but usually anyhting posted on any of them will be linked or pasted by someone here. P.S please come to enjoy all MMA. Don't become a UFC/Pride or any other organization's nutthugger if you can help it.

...its just funny how you told him not to be a nutthugger...as to someone who dont know much about MMA and MMA forums he might take it the wrong way...."nutthugger"

as to the TC question....

you should visit UFC.COM and take a look at the "Learn UFC" section if you wanna learn about UFC.rules..styles..techniques..and facts..

Greene33
2/16/07 11:40:23AM
Just go ahead and sign up for Netflix.com, they have a great variety of Pride and UFC DVD's. Just start renting and watching, start with the first UFC's and Pride shows and you can watch the devlopment of MMA for yourself...
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 12:09:23PM

Posted by Greene33

Just go ahead and sign up for Netflix.com, they have a great variety of Pride and UFC DVD's. Just start renting and watching, start with the first UFC's and Pride shows and you can watch the devlopment of MMA for yourself...

or YouTube....

Youtube is your friend
Greene33
2/16/07 1:15:10PM
Yes Youtube is a good option... But there is a big differance for me between watching a fight on your computer screen and watching a DVD on a big TV.... I have seen Wandy vs Rampage 1 at least 100 times on Youtube, but i just watched it on DVD and it was way more intense.
Reignofterror
2/16/07 1:47:04PM
Youtube search "Pride FC", and you're well on your way to mixed martial arts bliss.
Archangel
2/16/07 2:54:48PM

Posted by richieb19

What exactly are you looking for, the history of those orgs, or a full history of MMA? Either way check out this thread, it will give you the full list of all champions in both orgs: UFC/Pride Champions thread

Most helpfull Thank you and a big THUMBS UP (Props) for you. I am finding out (as silly as it may seem) that this is not so much Martial Arts as it is a hybrid form of fighting. I am taking a new approach to my term paper.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/16/07 5:05:03PM

Posted by Archangel

Posted by richieb19

Most helpfull Thank you and a big THUMBS UP (Props) for you. I am finding out (as silly as it may seem) that this is not so much Martial Arts as it is a hybrid form of fighting. I am taking a new approach to my term paper.

Welcome Archangel and cheers to you!!!! People (especially the mods) are really helpful and informative...Welcome to the forum, Just remember one thing...Fedor>all

Cheers!
BloodandTears
2/16/07 7:46:49PM

Posted by Archangel

I am very new to Martial Arts in general, and would like to learn more about it. This is the first web page that I have been to about the sport. I have found a very nice "camp" and the people there are very knowledgeable especially our director tunefish. I feel like I've been hiding under a rock because of how much everyone seems to know about Martial Arts here. I have found a webpage called sherdog however it does not talk much about how this sport is evolving and becoming more and more mainstream. If anyone could provide me with a webpage it would be most appreciated.
Thank you.

tunefish is a great guy, i've tried to get him to come over to our camp for a long time now. Good luck on your quest for finding the answers you seek.
P.S. dont activate my "props" button for this post!!
JunCTion
2/17/07 1:55:02AM

Posted by Greene33

i have blockbusteronline.
they have ufc 1-9 and ufc 42 on up
they have every pride event from 1 on
most KOTC events
some hooknshoot, ivc,adcc,gladiator challenge,etc
richieb19
2/17/07 2:06:10AM

Posted by Archangel

Posted by richieb19

Not a problem man... if you need any info on anything related to MMA whatsoever, feel free to contact me via pm (or in this thread), I'll do my best to help.
Archangel
2/17/07 11:30:03AM
Thank you everyone, I believe that all of you have assisted me in one way or another. I have given you all a big "thumbs up" for your kindness and wish you all the best in your future wagers () Yes I have been very pleased to get to know Mr. Tunefish better, and I do understand why he is so popular on this webpage. I must admit I am a abit bewildered as to why only four members reside on our team. I am honored to be a part of it:)
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1