UFC/PRIDE & Buffalo Wild Wings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC/PRIDE & Buffalo Wild Wings
JunCTion
3/29/07 2:05:59AM
ive never seen a ufc or pride ppv. ive always had to wait to read about it on the web and i didnt know about sherdogs pbp until last month.
I'm sure most of you know (but some of us dont) that buffalo wild wings shows ufc ppvs. i didnt know this till last month either but there wasnt a bww around me so it didnt really matter, until now.
not only did ufc buy pride but a new bww is being built less than 5 minutes from my house. this excites me for many reasons, obviously.
as i said ive never seen a ufc or pride ppv, now im good.
now they might start showing pride also now that theyll be usa owned and have the same rules.
another important reason is that ive stated in the past that i dont know anybody that is into mma except for you guys so im pretty much a loner with noone to talk to. hopefully that all changes now
i can now see every ufc event and hopefully pride also and not have to pay for it

are any of you in this same boat or am i over doing the excitement here

do any of you guys know where fans like me (no access to ppv / no money can watch at bars in their towns
floridamma
3/29/07 5:01:39AM
depends on where you live, but most major sports bars will have a show on live. also, youtube has a bunch of fights on there, including recent ppv fights that get added a few days or so after the event. so, if you cant find a sports bar hit that up and enjoy, or throw down the 30 or 40 bucks or whatever it costs and watch on TV.
pv3Hpv3p
3/29/07 10:55:40AM
Man, I just found out about BWW as well, and am very excited.... We usually get the PPV, but have gone to some other bars around to watch them before, but just like you, B-dubs is like 5 minutes from my house... So, I'm pretty stoked as well...

Hot Chicks, drinks, MMA, and wings... That sounds absolutely bad ass...

I don't know if you go to Wild Wings a lot, but if you haven't tried their mango habenero wing sauce it's the shit... Highly recommended....

have a good time out there... Free MMA at the bar rules
Chec22
3/29/07 2:40:12PM
I dont have access either, unless I get an invite from someone with PPV. No bars close either. Thankfully I have known a couple sites with PBP. It sounds like your prayers have been answered.
ffforgottenx
3/29/07 2:47:37PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Man, I just found out about BWW as well, and am very excited.... We usually get the PPV, but have gone to some other bars around to watch them before, but just like you, B-dubs is like 5 minutes from my house... So, I'm pretty stoked as well...

Hot Chicks, drinks, MMA, and wings... That sounds absolutely bad ass...

I don't know if you go to Wild Wings a lot, but if you haven't tried their mango habenero wing sauce it's the shit... Highly recommended....

haha you called it b-dubs.. i thought i was the only one who called it that

but yes i agree with the concensus.. if you want to have a good time watching a PPV, go to b-dubs.. thats where i always go (as its also 5 minutes from my house.. strange), and its always a good time.. there are probably other sports bars that would be showing it, but b-dubs is always a good bet

and as far as not having anyone to talk to about MMA, im sure you will run into some people there if you are sociable and knowledgeable bro.. the place is usually pretty packed with MMA fans
Trapt1nw0nder
3/29/07 3:25:39PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

i see you have 2 left hands..lol

not me..
pv3Hpv3p
3/29/07 3:49:33PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

i see you have 2 left hands..lol

not me..

Yours just looks like a severed left, that you cleverly flipped around and reattached...
JunCTion
3/30/07 10:29:35AM
never been to bww, but theyre going up like babies around here. theres about 7 within 20 minutes from my house. didnt know about mma there until now so ill be going for the wings & ufc. i also found out that around here bww is the only place showing the ufc. this one wont be done for about a year (its still dirt and weeds) so ill have to go a little further to watch for now.

I wonder if bww will show pride events soon cause of the new ownership and rules and over all growth of mma in the usa
isnt that a john mellencamp song -
mma in the usa, mma in the usa, mma in the usa, fightin in the usa
Brownsfan222
4/6/07 12:41:17PM
since when does b-dubs show the ppvs! this information makes me very happy but also pisses me off because its my favorite restaurant ever and im always there. im going tomorrow to watch GSP vs. Serra hopefully. thanks for the info i thought only hooters showed the ppvs.
JunCTion
4/6/07 9:18:01PM
im in the twin cities and all the b-dubs around here show ufs ppv. i dont know if thats the case everywhere else