UFC Merchandise I'd like to see in the future

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC Merchandise I'd like to see in the future
Ydoc
3/21/07 4:15:16PM

So far it has been pretty basic with T-shirts and UFC event DVDs, but I want to see the UFC grow even bigger in the merchandise racket. Some ideas:

Action Figures: Kind of a touchy subject on how young kids should be getting into MMA, but I think around 13 is pretty good for them to understand this isn't all about violence. The manchild in me really wants this. You could give some of the figures signature moves like armbars and slams, maybe a little switch on their backs for power punches. I know I'd collect them all... and probably reinact fights to my own outcome.

Bio DVDs: This is really the next step from pumping out countless event DVDs. You get someone who has been in the UFC for a long time (Hughes, Couture, Liddel) and go through their story full of ups and downs and clips of fights with some narrator telling their history (like how WWE does their wrestler profiler DVDs), then a menu of all their UFC fights (try to buy the rights to other fights so you can have a whole showcase of that fighter). Then let the Fighter put in special commentary for each fight. Maybe have a few added scenes featuring that particular fighters workout and training routine. Presto, something I would buy.

Trading Cards: A good step in promoting the sport. Also promotes autograph sessions. Have the fighters record on the back for that year and lifetime total wins, winning percentage, KOs, subs, decs, and a mini bio. Of course a good photo on the front and the fighters name. Think Upperdeck or Topps could do the sport justice.

Fathead: For those who don't know Fathead makes posters that are life size and cut out to look like the actual sports stars. It's like having a movie promotion cutout that you can hang on your wall. It would look really badass in a den.
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 5:16:16PM
I think an MMA fathead would actually be pretty cool... Even though they cost like a 100$, but meh...

Could you imagine, a life size wall hanging of Wanderlei Silva staring you down... Or a Koscheck you could throw darts at... The possibilities are endless...
waylon_o
3/21/07 7:35:25PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I think an MMA fathead would actually be pretty cool... Even though they cost like a 100$, but meh...

Could you imagine, a life size wall hanging of Wanderlei Silva staring you down... Or a Koscheck you could throw darts at... The possibilities are endless...

I want a Semmy Schilt...or a Bob Sapp even
hippysmacker
3/21/07 9:13:13PM
I would want a kid yamanoto Fathead standing next to a Hong man Choi. That would be pro
crimethinc
3/21/07 10:33:48PM
MMA Buddies: Like the old wrestling buddies but with MMA fighters who's hand taps when you hyper extend there joints.

Matt Hughes Breakfast Cereal: Made by grinding up corn, wheat, and a huge ego.

Pimp My Fighter: A new show hosted by Shonie Carter where they take unexpecting amateur fighters out of the gym and teach them how to dress like retarded circus ringmasters.

This was intended to be a joke post, but now when I think about it those MMA Buddies sound pretty damn cool.
Stickan
3/21/07 11:33:55PM
I'd definately buy a Tito Ortiz Fathead just to slap around when I'm pissed at something and I wouldn't have to be very accurate with my punches either.
tyo
3/21/07 11:41:16PM
i would get the matt serra mma buddy
then i would practice my spinning back fist
mrsumo
3/23/07 11:20:53PM
How about a UFC all stars Cartoon. It could be Captain America and his buddies taking on the evil Pride fighters! What would be really cool is if you could buy ufc merch at a regular store, like wal mart or something. This internet only crap is for the birds.