UFC 74: Killer Instinct.... Best card ever????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 74: Killer Instinct.... Best card ever????
pv3Hpv3p
6/8/07 4:19:08PM
UFC 74's looking like it's shaping up to be one of the best cards (on paper) in a long time, if not ever...

GG vs Cap't America
Kos vs GSP
Stevenson vs Pellegrino
Sanchez vs Sakurai

also: BigTim, Roger Huerta, Thales Leites, and others...

I would like to see Tim fight Kongo, which I think is a possibility if the guys in the UFC can get the rumors of CC vs AA finalized... Other than that, McCully's also on the card so that could be a possible matchup... Not sure about Leites and Huerta...

Whaddaya'll think?
xthe_scottx
6/8/07 4:24:51PM
It looks like it is going to be a good card. It would be disappointing if Sakurai fights at WW though since he would probably be too small to beat any top fighters in that division. Pellegrino vs Stevenson should be a good ground war and GSP vs Koscheck should be awesome. Huerta is fighting on TUF 5 finale so it would seem unlikely he will be on this card and Cro Cop is fighting at UFC 75 so he won't fighting on this either though.
loller90278
6/8/07 4:29:04PM
yeh but sakurai's pretty big for a LW.. i think he'll adjust fine..
MattHughesFan
6/8/07 4:31:12PM
seems like a good card
xthe_scottx
6/8/07 4:36:22PM

Posted by loller90278

... i think he'll adjust fine.

I hope so, I love watching him fight. I'm still a little skeptical though.
KYGUY07
6/8/07 4:48:52PM
I think 74 should have been called stacked because its shaping up to be even more stacked than 73.
pv3Hpv3p
6/8/07 5:03:49PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Huerta is fighting on TUF 5 finale so it would seem unlikely he will be on this card and Cro Cop is fighting at UFC 75 so he won't fighting on this either though.

Sorry about that... I forgot that Huerta was moved to the TUF5 finally... And I didn't mean that CC vs AA was on this card...

I had heard a rumor that CC would fight Kongo next, but just recently the talk of him and AA actually happening is ramping up, which would leave Kongo without an oponnent (insert Tim)...
hughesfan1
6/8/07 5:11:37PM
Once more I will say the buyout / merger of Ufc / Pride was a good thing. I think 73 & 74 a both gonna be great "stacked" cards. As it was said earlier in this post Huerta has been moved from 74 to the Ultimate Finale. Which is still great and will just make that an even better show. I think all UFC PPVs from now on will be awsome with them having the Pride fighters in important matches instead of having ppl with no talent filling the undercard. After we get thru with 72 I don't think we'll be complaining about a UFC event not being good enough. It aslo works out great 'cause all the "B" fighters will be moved to the free shows and we won't have to see much of the "C" fighters there, which in turn makes the free shows better to.
xthe_scottx
6/8/07 5:20:41PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by xthe_scottx

Huerta is fighting on TUF 5 finale so it would seem unlikely he will be on this card and Cro Cop is fighting at UFC 75 so he won't fighting on this either though.

Sorry about that... I forgot that Huerta was moved to the TUF5 finally... And I didn't mean that CC vs AA was on this card...

Actually, in this article, Huerta says he still may fight on UFC 74. His opponent on TUF 5 finale is going to be Doug Evans and if he doesn't get injured, Huerta very well may fight on UFC 74.
Kastro
6/8/07 7:35:28PM
This card is looking very good, what makes it even better is that all the fights are pretty close and not really 1-sided..

The UFC has really turned it up a couple knotches, I cant wait to see what the future has in store.
awechet
6/8/07 8:27:55PM

Posted by KYGUY07

I think 74 should have been called stacked because its shaping up to be even more stacked than 73.

I was just thinking the same thing. Also, I'm very excited to see Mach back in the the UFC he seems to be a much more confident and better fighter then he was back when he fought Matt.
gspfan31
6/9/07 3:20:55PM
looks like ufc 72 may be the last horrible card we'll have to see because 73,74 and 75 are looking crazy
Aether
6/9/07 3:24:26PM
looks like the mach-sanchez bout is on the card for 75 now instead. I'm disappointed because I was probably looking forward to that one more than either of the headline bouts.
kimoron
6/9/07 4:11:24PM
this is shaping up to be a great card. with the addition of sanchez/sakurai i dont know which fight im looking forward to the most. here comes a second loss for dirty sanchez
tepid55
6/9/07 4:15:43PM
It looks like Sanchez/Sakurai got moved to UFC 75.
Signal2112
6/10/07 10:18:40AM
It looks like a halfway decent card, but there have been and will be better.
CornishMMA
6/10/07 12:26:53PM
-Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*
-Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino

-Tim Sylvia (#7 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA

only 3.5 of the 5 main card fights announced so far and there could be 4 really quality prelims added, it doesnt really matter to me cos its already far better than 73 imho, gsp and randy do that alone as they are 2 of my fave fighters and always exciting, the 2 title fights at 73 have the potential to be less than exciting i think