UFC Heading to Cincinnati on Oct. 20

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Heading to Cincinnati on Oct. 20
komodo20
7/8/07 2:09:49PM
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva against the former champ Rich Franklin would get his shot at redemption and it’ll come in his hometown of Cincinnati where he was the last time they both fight and rich got knockout. Who do you think will win this fight.
obey_giant_silva
7/8/07 3:03:56PM
I think it will be a repeat of the first bout, but hopefully Rich will put up a better fight this time. I'm pulling for Ace and give him about a 30% chance of regaining the gold. I will be there live to see it. I'm glad the UFC is coming back to the Midwest. There are lots of MMA fans here.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
blowe1983
7/8/07 3:04:32PM
should be a great fight but i got a feeling silva will win somehow. idk though. i still dont think franklin is 100% mentally
Zvonimir
7/8/07 3:15:44PM
Franklin looked shook when they showed him in the crowd after Silva dismantled Nate. Silva by (T)KO again.
Porch28
7/8/07 3:27:06PM
I think Franklin is in for a beating. Silva is a monster. Silva is on top of his game I don't see anyone stopping him for quite some time. He's like the BJ Penn of the middleweights
CanadianCripplr
7/8/07 3:40:12PM

I thought Nate had a shot at it, but Silva made a believer outa me. Franklin will get his ass whipped.
Fanboy 1988
7/8/07 4:24:28PM
I'm just glad there coming back to cincinnati again, I wasn't able to get tickets to there last show here, so maybe I can get some this time
BispingFutureChampLance
7/8/07 5:33:33PM
Silva will pick apart Franklin and will definately Ko in the first round!
chokeuoutson
7/8/07 6:56:26PM
I'm just glad nobody yet thinks that Franklin can win. I just think its to early for Franklin to get another shot at the title, same with Matt Hughes... I think Pat Miletich Bangs Dana White in the butt.
MichiganWolverine
7/8/07 7:11:22PM
Rich Franklin is gonna get his ass handed to him. Again.

The only real question is whether or not he can avoid getting his face rearranged like last time.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
icrazysob
7/8/07 7:42:05PM
I am just basically going to agree with everyone else here lol..Franklin has no shot he is all stand up and is not in Silva's league
dionmcalister
7/8/07 8:19:59PM
Not sure that Franklin gets even a 30%....line'll open at btwn (silva -350)
and (silva -400) ?? Or does that seem too high?
Tons33
7/8/07 9:44:27PM
Wayyyyyyyy too high, franklin is a former champ. But it will be a real interesting rematch.
puppetmaster837
7/8/07 11:27:42PM
It probably wont be that interesting. It will be 4 minutes of Silva picking Franklin apart and then finishing him with whatever body part he feels like hitting him with.
AmericanFighterAce
7/8/07 11:34:14PM
can I see a link before I crap my pants becaus I live in Cincinnati
Jujiden
7/8/07 11:36:43PM
Franklin has A LOT to work for if he is going to suprise Silva. Silva is, in every sense of the word, a warrior. His game is spot on. Even though he's lost a couple in PRIDE, he always seemed to improve after each fight, win or lose. I like Franklin, he's a good guy, but just on the higher end of average fighters or on the lower end of the exceptional fighters. Silva is creating his own class and you KNOW he doesn't stop until he's out.

I was unsure about him before the Marquardt fight, but not anymore.
ExMilkman
7/9/07 12:19:48AM
It was said before the Anderson/Nate fight that if Anderson wins he'll fight Rich in Cincy, and if Nate wins it'll be in Denver. I live in West Virginia so I'm just 4 hours away. I'm grabbing some tickets as soon as they book the arena lol
cincyassasin
7/9/07 12:19:57AM
I got faith in my fellow Cincinnatian.
nastshabast
7/9/07 5:56:11AM
is this for sure or speculation ?
AmericanFighterAce
7/9/07 10:31:00AM

Posted by cincyassasin

I got faith in my fellow Cincinnatian.

as do I brother.
SUPERMAN155
7/9/07 12:30:19PM
i know everybody suddenly hated rich after he lost. but that wasnt the same rich, there was something wrong with him. silva will not do that to him again. it should be a good fight, but i got rich winning this 1...
Porch28
7/9/07 5:02:17PM

Posted by SUPERMAN155

i know everybody suddenly hated rich after he lost. but that wasnt the same rich, there was something wrong with him. silva will not do that to him again. it should be a good fight, but i got rich winning this 1...

Have you watched any of Silva's last 3 fights??? Rich is a good fighter but Silva is on another planet right now. I just don't see rich lasting past the first again. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be.
AmericanFighterAce
7/9/07 5:34:49PM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by SUPERMAN155

Have you watched any of Silva's last 3 fights??? Rich is a good fighter but Silva is on another planet right now. I just don't see rich lasting past the first again. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be.

Last 4 UFC Fights (the only 4) of Anderson Silva

Victory of Chris "Crappler" Leben Knockout (whats new?)
Victory over Rich Franklin via Knockout (Not the same Rich)
Victory Over Travis "Cut Can't Wait" Lutter via Submission due to Strikes
Victory Over Nate "Not So Great" Marquardt via Knockout.

Look at that list, Lutter could not beat him because he gassed and could not make weight so he was tired I gaurentee you that if Lutter came in at the weight during the weigh ins he would have won that fight against Silva.

Franklin was not the same fighter, he looked tired and odd against Silva, but to give credit where credit is due, Silva knocked out Franklin with that Clinch.

Chris Leben is a joke in the UFC.

Nate Marquardt is not as good as everyone hypes him up to be, yes I was one of the one who voted for him to win, but Nate is not that great.

Franklin will win. I just don;t see Silva being that untouchable cloud everybody thinks he is.
k_lup07
7/9/07 9:54:19PM
sorry to the boy on franklins dick above, but anderson will dismantle him again unless he gets injured or franklin steps it up, a lot. haha, lutter over silva

Posted by ExMilkman

I live in West Virginia so I'm just 4 hours away. I'm grabbing some tickets as soon as they book the arena lol

hell yeah, hampshire co. hopefully ill have some money by then and i can see the slaughter of ace pt 2.

Porch28
7/9/07 10:14:06PM
patdaddy
8/23/07 5:51:47PM
i jus moved from there... NO!!!!!!!!! lol.