UFC Grand Prix Tournament

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC Grand Prix Tournament
btroypcv
7/2/07 11:15:53PM
Will we ever see a UFC Grand Prix tournament in the future? Open Weight? 185 & 205 combined? 155 & 170 combined? Imagine what the brackets and match ups might look like. Interested to hear people's thoughts.
mk1630
7/2/07 11:23:06PM
The NSAC would never let open weight tournaments or regular tournaments ever happen. I dont think Dana wants to have an open weight tournament either because hes trying to get rid of the image they had before where they had open weight fights and that looked barbaric to people. I think the only way they can have a Grand Prix would be to have it out of the U.S.
ac_gi
7/2/07 11:25:43PM

Posted by mk1630

The NSAC would never let open weight tournaments or regular tournaments ever happen. I dont think Dana wants to have an open weight tournament either because hes trying to get rid of the image they had before where they had open weight fights and that looked barbaric to people. I think the only way they can have a Grand Prix would be to have it out of the U.S.

Agreed.
TaporSnap
7/3/07 12:24:56AM
That actually sounds like a good idea but Dana hates tournaments and wont let ti happen
FeelTheJoy
7/3/07 12:38:38AM
yea if it were to ever happen. it would be out of the u.s.
KYGUY07
7/3/07 2:38:58AM
I wish it would happen, i wish dana didnt hate tournaments
Stickan
7/3/07 6:34:26AM
It could happen if they didn't fight more than once a night. I think that would be awesome.

170 and 205 GP card:

Tito Ortiz - Rashad Evans
Rampage - Machida
Shogun - Hendo
Liddell - Griffin

GSP - Fitch
Hughes - Koscheck
Parisyan - Penn
Sanchez - Serra

I just picked guys signed by the UFC now.
Aether
7/3/07 9:09:20AM
I really don't think it's a matter of Dana hating tournaments so much as a matter of him never wanting to do anything questionable in the eyes of the NSAC. I guess it's a smart choice at this stage in MMA's growth, but it is unfortunate.