Ufc 72 Good card or bad card ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ufc 72 Good card or bad card ??
keith-hackney1
5/16/07 2:55:57PM
What a fantastic line up for the second oversea's ufc event in ireland.
Top fighter status including ED HERMAN, Collin robinson also known as "BIG C" ?? Hector "sick dog" Ramirez, SCOTT "hands of steel" Smith, Rory singer (excellent competitor) and best of all the fighter im most looking forward to seeing, " Jason TAN".

WOW, what a card, all this with Franklin/Okami headlining the main card.
Two thumbs up from me, a Beautiful line up of top class mma action.
Anybody disagree ???

Discuss !!??!!?:
bayonetxwork
5/16/07 3:33:24PM
Honestly, I think its a terrible CARD. I do believe there are a few good fights on there like Franklin and Griffin, but all-in-all I think its really bad. Plus theirs no title on the line. Right now I'd give it a 5/10, with potential to be a 7/10
fedorwins1
5/16/07 3:41:46PM
so far it's horrible, need to put some more big names on there.
www-WeLoan-us
5/16/07 5:56:26PM
IMO it is horrible....If you want to see a good card check out UFC 73 Stacked...
JimiMak
5/16/07 6:07:32PM
I always try to watch every card and judge after because of upsets and the unexpected boring fight. My big problem is no Championship fight. I don't think they should ever offer a ppv w/o a title fight. That should be the main difference between ppv's and free cards, IMO.
Lord_Lenny
5/16/07 7:58:55PM
The card seems to be matched up pretty good for some entertaining fights, but the no-names will definitely not get the casual fans' money. It may be a good night of fights for the UFC but not too many people are willing to put money down to see
xthe_scottx
5/16/07 8:03:24PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

The card seems to be matched up pretty good for some entertaining fights, but the no-names will definitely not get the casual fans' money. It may be a good night of fights for the UFC but not too many people are willing to put money down to see

I agree. I am really excited for 4 fights on this card and all i keep hearing is: This is the worst UFC card ever. Just because there aren't a lot of top 10 fighters doesn't mean there won't be good fights!. If you don't like it then don't buy it. There are 4 other UFC events within a month so it's not like it will be awhile before another card.
xchickox
5/16/07 8:10:11PM
i dont think its remotely horrible, may not have the best fighters on the card but sometimes that makes for the best fights and none of us are expecting anything special so surely that could make it better

Rush
5/16/07 8:55:58PM

Posted by JimiMak

I always try to watch every card and judge after because of upsets and the unexpected boring fight. My big problem is no Championship fight. I don't think they should ever offer a ppv w/o a title fight. That should be the main difference between ppv's and free cards, IMO.

big names does not always equal great fights.
Svartorm
5/16/07 11:09:13PM
I'm generally not concerned with cards in the negative. If theres fights I really want to see, thats one thing, but I've never avoided a card because it didn't have people I knew.

After Pride Total Elimination 2005, which looked like the best card ever, and ended up falling far short of expectations, I learned the lesson that a stacked card doesn't always equal a good event. The opposite is also true.
paulhauffe
5/17/07 4:31:12PM
What a crap card. Im delighted the UFC is planning regular trips to the UK, but not with cards like that!
pv3Hpv3p
5/17/07 4:43:45PM

Posted by Svartorm

I'm generally not concerned with cards in the negative. If theres fights I really want to see, thats one thing, but I've never avoided a card because it didn't have people I knew.

After Pride Total Elimination 2005, which looked like the best card ever, and ended up falling far short of expectations, I learned the lesson that a stacked card doesn't always equal a good event. The opposite is also true.

Too true... Everyone wants to see the "big names" on the card and then they'll bitch about lopsided matchups... You just can't make some folks happy...

I totally agree... When you look at fights like Diego / Kos, AA / Werdum, or some of Big Tim's title defenses, we all know how much of a let down they all were... You just get to thinking that the most exciting fights are between fighters that have less at stake, less to lose, and aren't as gunshy to go balls to the wall...

Fighters like this, will normally fight for a decisive victory, fight for the fans, or for the love of fighting, and not just "fight not to lose" like we've seen some of the "superstars" in this sport do...
warglory
5/17/07 4:44:08PM
The top 5 matches I am looking forward to. I am a big fan of MacDonald so I will be really interested in seeing his return performance. I was really thinking he would beat Franklin.
tepid55
5/17/07 5:56:08PM
On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 7.
p_unit23
5/19/07 10:55:15PM
bad card. boring card. the only fight i like is the main event....even though i'm not a big fan of okami and franklin.
johny_rotten
5/19/07 11:45:56PM
This is a really really bad card that I can't be leave they are going to try to put this on PPV. I have only not ordered one UFC card on PPV since UFC 40, and it was 56 because I had an obligation I couldn't get out of. There is no way I will order this card.

It will be the first PPV under Zuffa that doesn't have a title fight. There is only one fighter that is top 10 talent in Rich Franklin. The only real compelling match up to me is Griffin/Guida. Herman/Smith should be a good fight, but it is a prelim.

Honestly it could end up having some good results, but there is nothing that would compel me to spend 40 bucks to see it.
keith-hackney1
5/20/07 3:38:27PM
Its more like an ultimate fight night card isnt it ???

By the way people. i was slightly over exaggerating when i said i was looking forward to this event, specially the likes of jason Tan ??
sinister_16
4/8/08 9:59:10AM
one of the worst fight cards ever
casey64
4/8/08 10:05:05AM
Horrible fight card
npayant
4/8/08 10:51:25AM

Posted by casey64

Horrible fight card

Just wondering why you're posting about this card now?!?!?!

CornishMMA
4/8/08 12:23:57PM
people really need to stop posting in OLD topics from the related topics panel!

funny tho

That card was always going to be weak but they did have that killer Guida Tyson fight which made it all worthwhile

END OF TOPIC! LOL