UFC game for PS3 & Xbox 360

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC game for PS3 & Xbox 360
ExMilkman
6/4/07 1:14:20AM
Any new news on this game? I'm dying to find out some details. I know that THQ has access to all current and past UFC fighters.

I can't wait to see screenshots and videos.

If anyone knows anything at all please post!
Signal2112
6/4/07 11:05:26AM
I'm looking forward to playing it but I doubt it'll be all that. I just don't think MMA translates well into the videogame format. Especially if you can be insanely skilled as a player and then knocked out in a second due to a lucky punch from some Randleman-a-like!

It's good to see that it's coming out though. I had the Pride game for the PS2 ages ago...came with a free dvd!
blkssncpt
6/4/07 11:24:34AM
I'v heard about it but i have'nt seen much on it, but wasnt the pride game for the ps2 kinda crappy on the visuals??? anyways i know i had the UFC game that was on the ps1 now theres a classic you were actually able to play as that bold white ufc character from the orginal ufc logo sweet....
NME
6/4/07 12:01:56PM
It doesn't look like it will be out before 2008.
DJDark41
6/4/07 2:54:20PM
From what I've read, the newest game is being developed by THQ, and they completely scrapped everything from the old UFC games and are starting over fresh. The game will be out very late 2007, or early/mid 2008. I've been following the news on this game very closely and I haven't seen much more then that.
Signal2112
6/4/07 4:47:51PM

Posted by blkssncpt

I'v heard about it but i have'nt seen much on it, but wasnt the pride game for the ps2 kinda crappy on the visuals??? ..

The graphics were pretty good for the time, but it was the PS2, don't expect them to stack up next to Virtua Fighter 5 or whatever.
Kisame
6/4/07 4:50:31PM

Especially if you can be insanely skilled as a player and then knocked out in a second due to a lucky punch from some Randleman-a-like!

Thats when you know they captured the essence of mma
Rush
6/4/07 5:11:57PM
I thought I read some where that the latest Pride game has a really good set-up for moves and characters and I think the next UFC game will emulate the features of the Pride game.
Signal2112
6/4/07 6:11:50PM
Exactly, and I'm not sure that would make for a brilliant videogame!
ExMilkman
6/4/07 9:12:29PM
Yeah, the Pride FC game was okay. I really wish that it had more than Single Fight & Tournament modes.

How was "UFC: Tapout 2" for the Xbox? I never got to play it but the visuals looked good.

I remember way back when the UFC game on Dreamcast came out. I believe that I was in jr. high or something, I loved that game.

By far the worst MMA game...actually the worst VIDEO GAME ever was "UFC: Sudden Impact" for the PS2!! This game actually made me get mad......at the game!
DJDark41
6/4/07 9:59:32PM

Posted by ExMilkman

Yeah, the Pride FC game was okay. I really wish that it had more than Single Fight & Tournament modes.

How was "UFC: Tapout 2" for the Xbox? I never got to play it but the visuals looked good.

I remember way back when the UFC game on Dreamcast came out. I believe that I was in jr. high or something, I loved that game.

By far the worst MMA game...actually the worst VIDEO GAME ever was "UFC: Sudden Impact" for the PS2!! This game actually made me get mad......at the game!

I have that game, got it used for like no money so it was kinda worth it. Its not a terrible game, it's just the stamina/endurance thing is horrible. You could be in full mount and be pounding away on a guy, and he just keeps blocking, then one punch to the ribs from the bottom ends your fight.
ExMilkman
6/4/07 11:04:35PM
I thought that it played horrible.

I dunno why but I used to get bored and have tournaments on the Pride FC game with all computer players. I just didn't have fun playing it. I would from time to time but I just didn't have fun with it.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/5/07 6:03:50AM
If you are into MMA fighting games then pick up 'K-1 World Grand Prix' for the PS2.....graphics are great and the gameplay is rock solid,and very fun to play against a friend...

Crocop,Mark Hunt,and Ernest Hoost and many others are in this game...

kickass game with all stand up...each fighter has their special moves and strengths....All stand-up with Maui Tai clinching......Over all i score this game like an 8.5/10

PrideFC on ps2.......6.5/10
UFC Sudden Impact...5.0/10
UFC Tapout.......5.0/10
UFC Tapout 2....4.5/10
Signal2112
6/5/07 6:20:39AM
Hmm I didn't know there was a K-1 game, it certainly never got a European release!
MisFiT
6/5/07 6:49:13AM
I think this one's gonna be really badass if THQ is involved, they are always putting out great titles. till then I got Rainbow Six Vegas and Max Payne 2.
Signal2112
6/5/07 7:09:57AM
I thought RSV was ace and Max Payne 2 was even better than the first!
Trapt1nw0nder
6/5/07 8:27:22AM
Max Payne games were great!

and i found this video on K-1 World Grand Prix gameplay for the PS2....its not very good video,but you get the point...plus he did some voiceover with Japanese commentary
Signal2112
6/5/07 10:58:46AM
Hmm, seems to be quite fast and smooth running, from the looks of the video! Still, it's no VF or Tekken, but then, I guess they wern't aiming for something so arcadey.
ExMilkman
6/5/07 1:41:49PM
That game looks awesome!

Here's Le Banner Vs. Bob Sapp on the same game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rBVhF9qPNtA
PW
6/6/07 10:25:43AM
The K-1 games tend to suck in my opinion but so do most MMA games. I think the first Pride game is one of the best to date although every MMA game is far too easy, especially way too easy to avoid subs in them apart from the occasional Carlos Newton flying arm bar in the first Pride game. Pride GP 2003 has the best roster I've seen in an MMA game and it's a fun game for a while but isn't quite as good as the first.

There's also Fire Pro Wrestling returns which has an MMA mode and is fun to play if you don't mind it being 2D. It also has one of the best create a character modes I've ever seen and you can even choose what your character does in certain situations. For example, you could make a Chuck Liddell character that has a 60% chance of circling at the start of the match, 20% chance of throwing an overhand right or whatever. Makes created characters fight the way they should. It's in Japanese though but there is a great guide on the net.

King of Colosseum 2 is another but the MMA mode isn't all that great. Excellent pro wrestling game though. The MMA fighters are under fake names though just like in FPR. This and FPR are all about timing and you have to press the command for a move at a precise time otherwise it's reversed. Both kind of have the pacing of a pro wrestling game though.

I'm hoping the new UFC game will feature a lot of the new fighters from the Pride take over and will actually be fun. Online play should make it interesting atleast.

Here are some clips of the above games that haven't been mentioned already:

Pride GP 2003 (Japanese Import only)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrgx099C0so
Shows Crocop vs Fedor but is bad quality

Fire Pro Returns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5McF511a3LI
Royce Gracie vs some created character

King Of Colosseum 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMFb5Hr3gDw
Wanderlei vs Fedor (with 10 count on)

Long post but there are other MMA related games to play until the new UFC game comes out. Lets just pray they get it right.
tepid55
6/6/07 1:19:12PM
I would like to see them get rid of the energy meters and put in a damage system.
chuck-da-iceman
6/6/07 1:22:54PM
i think that the next game should be like fight night round 3 with awsome graphics and it slows down and stuff. that would be sweet
Damien6663
6/6/07 9:12:21PM
The k1 games are actually pretty good, if they do standup like in the k1 game, and find a way to add grappling it will be sweet....i loved the ufc dreamcast game, but they lost their luste after that (frank shamrock was a beast in that game hehe).
ExMilkman
6/7/07 1:49:34AM
Yeah, the dreamcast UFC game was the best in my opinion.....though I never played any of the XBox ones. Pride FC for ps2 is probably better though
THE_AXE_MURDERER
6/7/07 2:02:06AM
Is the K-1 game only Japanese?
THE_AXE_MURDERER
6/7/07 2:16:20AM
I just looked a the K-1 game it looks pretty sick i want to buy it now anyone know what site i could get it from?
ExMilkman
6/7/07 11:34:37AM
Not sure. I'd check e-bay, gamestop.com, walmart.com

I wish I had a ps2 so that I could play that k-1 game. it looks killer
Trapt1nw0nder
6/7/07 12:25:46PM
K-1 World Grand Prix for the PS2 came out in the U.S,and in Japan(2001)

and Sequels have been coming out in Japan only after that,cuz American gamers are not into K-1(at least not enough to keep making an American version)