Thiago Tavares vs. Naoyuki Kotani

Mir replaced by McCully
Joslin replaced by Petz
Ramirez replaced by Petruzelli
Anthoney Torres replaced by Rich Clementi

Thanks, I will update the card now.
Momentosis
3/14/07 10:50:09PM
Any1 heard of Stevenson getting injured?
madmarck
3/16/07 9:08:49AM

Posted by Momentosis

Not a word on it yet. What has he injured? ACL, MCL, knee, back, arm?
Got a soucre or rumour we can read?
nellyhiphophead
3/16/07 12:40:19PM

Posted by Momentosis

havn't herd of anything like that going down. if he is and it isn't to bad he has to fight on they can't loss both thire top matches of this card.
gimmper
3/16/07 12:55:09PM
Quick question...Mccully vs Hardonk...who has the advantage?
nellyhiphophead
3/16/07 1:30:45PM

Posted by gimmper

i would say hardonk thats who i am taking mccully hasn't been fighting for some time and i was never a fan of his in the first place.
cowcatcher
3/16/07 1:32:31PM
mccully is titos sparring partner, i like hardonk in this one
loller90278
3/21/07 10:41:04PM
does anybody wanna see kotani vs thiago tavares?

I AM!
it should be a grappling warrrrrrr
(that the fans will boo at)
madmarck
3/22/07 8:41:51AM

Posted by loller90278

I AM!

Thiago is gonna take that one with ease i think. Isnt Kotani the guy who fought in ZST? They have majorly differnt rules in that org.
nellyhiphophead
3/22/07 1:16:41PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

I AM!

Thiago is gonna take that one with ease i think. Isnt Kotani the guy who fought in ZST? They have majorly differnt rules in that org.

i got thiago taking that one also.
OchoCinco
3/23/07 5:22:01PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Since it's a fight night I'm fine with it. Free makes it all good to me. If it were a PPV , then I'm sure we would all be dissapointed, and it wouldn't sell much.

Duh...That's why it has these fights...because its a fight night. If it was a pay per view it would have a title match and bigger names. It has lesser fighters because it's a fight night and this is how they give exposure to lesser fighters.
migo
3/24/07 5:49:31PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by gimmper

i would say hardonk thats who i am taking mccully hasn't been fighting for some time and i was never a fan of his in the first place.

Hardonk loses to guys like McCully, so...
madmarck
3/24/07 8:20:06PM

Posted by migo

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by gimmper

Hardonk loses to guys like McCully, so...

Yeah doesnt make a big swing in either of their carrers. I was hoping Mir would fighty again. Hopefully now he has time to get in shape. His next fight is clearly make or break.
Lay_N_Pray
3/25/07 4:12:31PM
Losing Mir on this card really hurt, I was looking forward to that fight.

April is the best month for UFC though, two PPV's one for free, UFN, and the beginning of TUF. Lots of good fighting this month especially when you throw in Pride and Bodog, so I am ok with a little bit of a lackluster card
migo
3/25/07 5:31:01PM
I'd rather see McCully than Mir. For a Mir fight to be exciting he needs a lot more time to get back in shape.
madmarck
3/26/07 3:06:12PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Losing Mir on this card really hurt, I was looking forward to that fight.

April is the best month for UFC though, two PPV's one for free, UFN, and the beginning of TUF. Lots of good fighting this month especially when you throw in Pride and Bodog, so I am ok with a little bit of a lackluster card

Your right Losing Mir is a big blow. Even though he has had several poor perfromacnes most people like him and want to see him rise again, myself included. Not only for his skill.

And i mean having a guy ona card that is the former champ sounds pretty good to uneducated fans.
Pinkalicous
3/29/07 1:47:04AM
Overall this card is lacking but i still cant wait to see Melvin Fight, he's deadly.
Joe Daddy is a great fighter too so i think this could be a great fight.
nellyhiphophead
3/29/07 11:58:37AM

Posted by Pinkalicous

Overall this card is lacking but i still cant wait to see Melvin Fight, he's deadly.
Joe Daddy is a great fighter too so i think this could be a great fight.

i feel the same. even if mir was on the card i was still thinking it wasn't the best.
Ydoc
4/5/07 9:47:48PM
That was awesome. Melvin was just outclassed... Joe Daddy needs to fight someone for contender status, he's ready.

pv3Hpv3p
4/5/07 10:12:23PM

Posted by Ydoc

That was awesome. Melvin was just outclassed... Joe Daddy needs to fight someone for contender status, he's ready.

I think he's already there... He should get a shot at the winner of Sherk / Franca
Ydoc
4/5/07 10:24:45PM
I dunno, I'd like one more fight, maybe against Din Thomas.
MMA
4/5/07 11:07:24PM
Ha, Stevenson made Guillard look like a fool. This is why you don't talk too much sh*t before a fight.
JimiMak
4/5/07 11:22:40PM
I have to agree that he's next in line for a shot. The division is just sorting itself out, but so far he has shown as much right to #1 contendership as anyone. In a division with a little more order to it, I'd agree for a fighter with his experience he should fight one more time, but honestly he doesn't have much else to do as far as rising above a pack that is very tightly stacked. Who else should be next, I guess would be my question, if you don't think it's him. I thought Melvin would be next after winning this, why shouldn't Joe be next after beating him? This is the way I see it. Since I love these lighter divisions, I guess my next thing to really look to is the GP in PRIDE, that should be good no matter whether UFC fighters are included or not.

Edit: I just heard #1 has been assigned, so I guess that'd actually be the perfect #1 contender match.
Rush
4/5/07 11:22:59PM
Other than the Stevenson fight, this fight night sucked. The HW sucked, and the other two fights were not all that dynamic.

And damn, I thought there were a lof of decisions on fight nights, but man, ver half of the fights ended in decisions.
Ydoc
4/5/07 11:23:21PM
Exactly, this is going on to be on par with what happen to Nate after he loss to Franklin. Joe hit it on the head at the start, Melvin is just relying on his talents instead of using them to take him to the next level. He needs to humble himself and learn standup isn't everything, and hopefully he takes that from this fight.

Man, Joe avoiding Melvin's air combo might have been the coolest thing ever. You could photoshop that to look like Joe was holding a punching bag, helping Mel train.
Lay_N_Pray
4/6/07 12:15:11AM
I thought Kenflo was damn impressive in his fight. The guy can take punishment for sure, his leg was damn near snapping and he got out of it to transition beautifully into a RNC.

I really enjoyed that fight alot and it was sweet watchin Stevenson just walk in completely calm knowing he had that fight and then boom 30 seconds and done
hippysmacker
4/6/07 12:25:26AM

Posted by Rush

Other than the Stevenson fight, this fight night sucked. The HW sucked, and the other two fights were not all that dynamic.

And damn, I thought there were a lof of decisions on fight nights, but man, ver half of the fights ended in decisions.

I really enjoyed the Florian/MIshima fight
Guerilla_maab
4/6/07 12:26:50AM
After he didnt touch gloves with Joe at the start, and tried to make himself look like Mr. Badass.. a few second into the match he got subbed.

For some reason I felt ashamed for him >.>
Gogoplata
4/6/07 12:32:04AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Rush

I really enjoyed the Florian/MIshima fight

I agree, I thought this was the best fight of the night. Lopsided for most of the fight but entertaining, especially in the fashion that it was finished.

Did anyone notice KenFlo afterwards pretending to drink out of the unopened Xenergy can? He kept acting like he was sipping it and then he would wave his hands around and nothing would fly out of the can, and then he would go right back to pretending he was drinking it. Goddamn Xyience.
JBatch
4/6/07 12:47:36AM
The Mishima fight was good but Mishima looked pretty gassed after the first and just threw out wild strikes.
I think the worst mistake Melvin Guillard ever made was not touching gloves with Stevenson. Joe came in looking like he meant business and when Melvin did not touch gloves it looked like Joe blew a gasket.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4