UFC Fight Night 9

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Fight Night 9
« Previous Page | Next Page »
argile
3/3/07 3:42:46AM
Mir on the comeback watch him be in top 10 HWs in a year, Ken-flo going to lose, main event looks cool. Decent card.
Kazmierz21
3/3/07 9:11:53AM

Posted by SICKRICK

WELL the mir fight will be a waste who care about stevenson, and i cant stand ken the flo floriassss.... so i say its about as wastefull as it can get

I agree with you 100% - I hope K-Flo loses and fades into obscurity - can't stand him and his nickname drives me frikkin crazy
Manfred
3/3/07 9:15:44AM

Posted by Kazmierz21

I agree with you 100% - I hope K-Flo loses and fades into obscurity - can't stand him and his nickname drives me frikkin crazy

J-Lau (Loe Lauzon) has it worse. I hope he gets a new one
Kazmierz21
3/3/07 9:31:14AM
I'm still trying to figure out how K-Flo got a title shot in the first place - dude lost in the Ultimate Fighter Finale then had 3 victories over scrubs on UFN's and gets a title shot in his first PPV - if he didn't have razor blades for elbows he'd be a male nurse somewhere
hydroburger
3/4/07 12:56:44AM
WAR MISHIMA!!
farcode
3/4/07 2:06:54AM
lack-luster card i have to say, but maybe a possible win for Mir?
Stickan
3/4/07 6:33:17AM
Not a single easy pick ... I may just end up 0-9 on this one. I'm excited to see Fickett back in action. He always brings it.
madmarck
3/5/07 6:59:12PM

Posted by Kazmierz21

Posted by SICKRICK

WELL the mir fight will be a waste who care about stevenson, and i cant stand ken the flo floriassss.... so i say its about as wastefull as it can get

His nickname is Kenflo. And this kid is pretty cool. He has got good strikign and good BJJ. Dont know why you dont like him. I wanna see him fight Spencer Fisher. That would be a better match up then the one he has now.
Momentosis
3/5/07 10:32:11PM
Rumors are that Hector Ramirez is out of the fight and Seth Petruzelli is replacing him.
madmarck
3/6/07 9:46:53AM

Posted by argile

Mir on the comeback watch him be in top 10 HWs in a year, Ken-flo going to lose, main event looks cool. Decent card.

Hasnt Mir been on his comeback his last 3 fights?? and those didnt go to well.
SICKRICK
3/6/07 2:45:15PM
mir will win thats a lock he has lost 21 pounds and looks lean and mean and ken flo suckssssssssssss
cowcatcher
3/6/07 2:46:31PM

Posted by SICKRICK

mir will win thats a lock he has lost 21 pounds and looks lean and mean and ken flo suckssssssssssss

if losing weight made you a better fighter Jared from subway would be the LHW champ
Momentosis
3/7/07 10:27:30PM
Seems as though, Joslin, Mir, and Torres are off the card. They've been removed from the card on the UFC website after being on their for quite some time.
SICKRICK
3/8/07 7:02:29AM
cowcatcher you are so funny, no really your as funny as my grandma.... i bet you look like jared
madmarck
3/8/07 8:29:13AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by SICKRICK

if losing weight made you a better fighter Jared from subway would be the LHW champ

Hahaha that was funny

Posted by Sick Rick

cowcatcher you are so funny, no really your as funny as my grandma.... i bet you look like jared

That wasnt.
Mir losing weight will help him with being in a bit better shape. It wont make him a better fight though. He has been accused for years of slacking and not training hard enough. He has quite the attitude i belive. He seems like the kinda guy who goes around thinking "of course this will happen, Im Frank Mir, and Frank Mir says so!"
pv3Hpv3p
3/8/07 11:01:50AM

Posted by Momentosis

Seems as though, Joslin, Mir, and Torres are off the card. They've been removed from the card on the UFC website after being on their for quite some time.

I heard that Mir was off the card (my guess is they're going to set up a rematch with BigTim), but didn't hear about the rest... All rumors anyways, I guess...

Maybe they'll restructure the card... It does seem a little soft.
MMA
3/8/07 11:55:25AM
Yeah, I heard. I will update the card when it is 100% certain though.

Disappointed that Mir and Joslin are out. Made the card much crappier.
waylon_o
3/8/07 12:00:28PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Momentosis

I heard that Mir was off the card (my guess is they're going to set up a rematch with BigTim), but didn't hear about the rest... All rumors anyways, I guess...

Maybe they'll restructure the card... It does seem a little soft.

I can't really see Tim and Mir fighting until Mir proves he's worthy of fighting the top HW's again. That just doesn't make sense to me.
nellyhiphophead
3/8/07 12:59:01PM
it is 100% he is off the fight card on the ufc websight.
Berti
3/8/07 5:18:00PM
i like wilson and hector, both those cats have some skill, should be a sloberknocker...
jrod
3/10/07 10:00:25AM
UFC Fight Night 9.......i think it looks pretty good...before the fact that mir,joslin got pulled off...but its free mma

Yet we still complain geez.....stevenson vs guillard...two of the best at lightweight for the UFC. Two different styles but both very exciting and for some reason they both lost to Josh Neer at 170.

florian vs mishima....wow....this is one of the fights that florian is in that im excited for...mishima is much more talented than what we seen when he faught stevenson.Shoud be a ground display...with ne one of them slapping a sub...plus who doesnt love 155lb weight class. I just hope mishima lose because of a cut...from one the vicious elbows from florian.

TO BE HONEST....i was hopin to see mir vs hardonk on the main card cuz hardonk is an awesome striker AND mir u always hoep will pull out a win and turn his shit around. HOWEVER since mir has an elbow injury and Justin Mccully will take his spot it should not be on the main card.

WHY not put braga vs pellegrino another 155 lb showdown...especially leading into TUF 5 where all lightwights will be on the show OR Fickett vs Nakamura

PS......I CANT BELEIVE UFC 70 IS GUNNA BE FREE...
KentaFuji
3/10/07 1:03:34PM

I know! Thats so awesome, i was wondering why there was no title fight on the card...but once i found out its gonna be free in America, i stopped caring!

As for this UFN, it could suprise, i think Stevenson vs Guillard is going to be awesome, Fickett is going to come ready to fight after his domination by Karo and KenFlo is always fun
madmarck
3/10/07 7:32:17PM

Posted by KentaFuji

I know! Thats so awesome, i was wondering why there was no title fight on the card...but once i found out its gonna be free in America, i stopped caring!

As for this UFN, it could suprise, i think Stevenson vs Guillard is going to be awesome, Fickett is going to come ready to fight after his domination by Karo and KenFlo is always fun

UFC 70 is Free? Are you kidding me? That Card looks like the shit. Not paying to see Cro Cop is awesome! not to mention Lyoto, Forrest and eveyone elese like Arlovski, Wedum, Gonzaga!
matt
3/10/07 11:53:04PM
im not too excited about fight night 9... two fights im interested in but i will never turn down watching any mma fight
CincySaint
3/11/07 12:47:11AM
Yeah this looks to be one of the weaker cards that the UFC has given us recently. Melvin and Joe will be very interesting though. I still cant pick one, I think Joe is the better all around fighter right now, but damn Melvin is a stud at 155, fast and strong. He may have a little bit better than a punchers chance in this one, but I just cant decide.
I really wish UFC would start showing all of the undercard fights, especially on the Pay Per Views.
MadDog
3/11/07 10:28:06PM
I'm hopein Joe Stevenson "KNOCKS OUT" Melvin Guillard in the 1st round,just to show all you,That Stevenson is the real deal...

And Frank Mir "wow"dropin out was the smartest, He's to fat to slow & is knowed for his LAZY moves....(lack of Heart in the ring)
madmarck
3/12/07 10:05:31AM

Posted by MadDog

I'm hopein Joe Stevenson "KNOCKS OUT" Melvin Guillard in the 1st round,just to show all you,That Stevenson is the real deal...

And Frank Mir "wow"dropin out was the smartest, He's to fat to slow & is knowed for his LAZY moves....(lack of Heart in the ring)

Melvin will KO Joe in the 1st.

I think this card has gone downhill though. It seems like a lot of fights have been dropped off. I understand the Mod not wanting to update it when fights arent confirmed. But i dont see the UFC having 9 fights on this card. I think since Mir dropped they wont get a replacement for Hardinok.
Momentosis
3/14/07 4:45:31PM
Card is complete.

Joe Stevenson vs. Melvin Guillard
Antoni Hardonk vs Justin McCully
Kenny Florian vs. Dokonjonosuke Mishima
Keita Nakamura vs. Drew Fickett
Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Forrest Petz
Wilson Gouveia vs. Seth Petruzelli
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Wander Braga
Roan Jucao vs. Rich Clementi
Thiago Tavares vs. Naoyuki Kotani

Mir replaced by McCully
Joslin replaced by Petz
Ramirez replaced by Petruzelli
Anthoney Torres replaced by Rich Clementi
CreamySmooth
3/14/07 5:40:44PM
Unfortunately, this is a disappointing card. However, it is what it is so that's what we got.
hippysmacker
3/14/07 10:38:55PM
Since it's a fight night I'm fine with it. Free makes it all good to me. If it were a PPV , then I'm sure we would all be dissapointed, and it wouldn't sell much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4