Preliminary Bouts:
Frankie Edgar vs. Mark Bocek
Jason Gilliam vs. Chris Lytle
Jorge Gurgel vs. Diego Saraiva
Stephan Bonnar vs. Mike Nickels

UFC 73 Official Website
taz3423
6/28/07 9:53:17PM
Could end up being the best card we've seen from the UFC in a while.

I hope they have time to show Bocek/Edgar.

UFCJunkie says Chris Lytle is fighting Jason Gilliam (lost to Jamie Varner at 155)
Btews22
6/28/07 11:09:41PM
i will be attending my first live event i am excited to have such a great card!!!!!!!!

Cro Cop WILL RETURN
Bowen50
6/28/07 11:48:51PM

Posted by Btews22

i will be attending my first live event i am excited to have such a great card!!!!!!!!

Cro Cop WILL RETURN

i'm going too. i went to UFC 61 last year. nothing like a live MMA event man gonna be an awesome experience.
methodman_90
6/29/07 9:35:20AM
I wanna see Bocek/Edgar as well but Bonner/Nikels will more than likely 2 be shown
Mastodon2
6/29/07 11:37:17AM
I'm most excited for Nogueira / Herring, I dont think Herring has much of a chance, but I can't wait to see Nogueira fighting again, he is one of my favourite fighters
fedorwins1
6/29/07 12:25:37PM
Marquardt for the upset
spider1179
6/29/07 2:42:35PM
This is definately the best card they have put together in a while, atleast talent wise. If the fighters deliver on this card like the fighters on some of the "bad" cards delivered, this will be absolutely amazing.
danski
6/30/07 6:17:07AM
For the Ufc this is a great card...it helps having the Pride guy's in, now the cards should just get better and better..
Stickan
6/30/07 7:14:18AM
How do you guys see Alvin vs Florian going down. I've thought about this match up many times in my head know and I can't seem to see how this will end. I this Alvin is gonna be the stronger and better JJ-fighter but Florian will most likely have the advantage standing up.
I've picked Florian but in what fashion will he win this fight?
Mattyc
6/30/07 4:56:00PM
Should be a good card. Im really looking forward to the Tito v. Rashad. I think Rashad's Wrestling may give him the ability to avoid the take down, much like Forrest did after the initial beating he took from Tito. If Rashad can do that i think he may take the upper hand. This is however his first taste of real talent in the UFC.. Should hopefully be a good fight, im excited to see Nog fight and Sherk is zawesome. I just hope Sherk doesn't lay and pray like he did with Flo. Should be a good card and im looking forward to it!
johny_rotten
6/30/07 9:02:28PM
Did everyone see the website? www.73ufc.com It is the most brilliant web site I have ever seen, and I am in the IT field. Very impressive.
LightsOut33093
6/30/07 9:45:27PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Did everyone see the website? www.73ufc.com It is the most brilliant web site I have ever seen, and I am in the IT field. Very impressive.

whats so great about it...i checked it out...seemed like same old 2 me
CincySaint
7/1/07 12:07:38PM
With so many great fights on this one we won't likely get to see this, but Jorge Gurgel is fighting again and I have to send my Nati love out to our towns Brazilian JJ representative. War Gurgel !!!!!!!
Btews22
7/2/07 2:16:27AM
whould i put some dough on kenflo or stay away i haven seen much of him!!!

War Tito!!!!
veritas
7/3/07 2:37:02AM
you really think so? i dont think it would be too crazy, but what game plan do you think he'll utilize, do you think silva is worse off on his back?
jocksmall
7/5/07 2:12:21PM
i agree this is a deep card i too hope they will show more prelim. fights. that is my major complant know that the ufc is deep that they dont show all of the fight. i want to see them all for my $40
roostah
7/5/07 2:35:37PM
Personally I can't wait to see Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans. I beat that will be a heck of a throw down. Im betting my money on Tito Ortiz.
JBatch
7/5/07 11:25:34PM
I am more than excited for so many of these bouts. Tito vs. Sugar, Big Nogs debut, 2 championship bouts, the return of the Stephan "I use Roids and still lose" Bonnar, Bocek's debut it is riddled with excitement. Can't wait.

Predictions for the night.
Silva KO's Marquardt for KO of the night.
Big Nog grabs submission of the night.
Bocek vs. Edgar steals the show as a prelim fight for Fight of the Night.

Oh ya and Tito vs. Shad will be a memorable war. I want to see rashad win and think he can but Tito loves to prove people wrong.

LR
7/6/07 10:00:07AM
It's Stephan "I used Horse Steroids and still lost" Bonnar, lol.

I love this card. I think the Tito-Rashad fight is going to be very good, as well as I thnk Robinson will destroy Florian.
incubus66
7/6/07 11:42:48AM
no way robinson is gonna beat florian...........i really just don't see that happening.........but with it being this year and all the upsets who nows.......................
LR
7/6/07 12:11:51PM
I see it happening much in the same way Sherk beat Florian, straight throwdown and pound. That's Robinson's style, and I don't think Florian will be able to stop it again.
taz3423
7/6/07 8:58:57PM
after watching the Weigh Ins.. I totally think Ortiz is going to win now. He just looked big next to Rashad. I think the size will give Ortiz the edge. I know Rashad won TUF at HW and faced bigger guys but none of them come close to Tito's strength.

Roadwings
7/7/07 8:40:25AM

Posted by taz3423

I think the size will give Ortiz the edge.

Tell that to Tim Silvia Size don't matter if you don't know how to utilise it.
dionmcalister
7/7/07 12:10:51PM
I highly doubt Tito is as strong as Brad Imes.
Escrow
7/7/07 12:34:30PM
This card is def. worth 39.95....its going to be a great night for UFC....
LR
7/7/07 1:01:20PM
Actually, Tito's size will help him tremendously because he actually pushes a fight, unlike Sylvia.
taz3423
7/7/07 3:08:55PM

Posted by Roadwings

Posted by taz3423

I think the size will give Ortiz the edge.

Tell that to Tim Silvia Size don't matter if you don't know how to utilise it.

That's two different fighters with two totally different styles. Tim used his size to beat Jeff Monson pretty handidly, not saying it was pretty but he used his size to his advantage there.

I'm not even a Tito fan but I think his size and strength can cause fits for Rashad who had trouble from being taken down by Sean Salmon. Imagine what Tito could do.

I think this a great test for Rashad. I believe he will be taken down and he will have to face some pressure. In most of Rashad's fights we haven't really seen him have to endure serious punishment. I can see this fight being a lot like Griffin/Ortiz and if Rashad wins he will be in line for a title shot. If Rashad loses I think he'll put up a fight and be bigger because of it ala Forrest.

WIn/Win in my opinion
Gogoplata
7/7/07 3:09:16PM
Silva
Sherk
Evans
Big Nog
Florian
Gurgel
Bonnar
Bocek
keith-hackney1