UFC 70 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 70 Discussion
« Previous Page
BadSanta
4/22/07 1:51:20AM

Posted by Manfred

Am I the only one who thinks Gonzaga shouldn't have been stood up. I realize it didn't matter, but If the "kick was on the other head" so to speak, it would've really been unfair to GG. He was pretty busy in CCs guard and was scoring a lot of elbows.

He may not have been "improving position," but he was definately scoring points and wasn't just lay'n and pray'n. Any thoughts?

Definitely agree. You should start a thread about this. I think the (failed) fix was in.
Manfred
4/22/07 2:10:52AM
I'm glad you agree Santa, but I don't want to start a fresh thread. There's a reason why there is a pinned UFC 70 thread. So every random thought doesn't turn into a new thread.

But it seemed not right. I'd be open to a "conspiracy" aguement more if it wasn't Herb Dean. Right or wrong, he's usually impartial.
loller90278
4/22/07 2:12:21AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

That was shocking....it wasnt like it was just 1 kick and thats it......Gonzaga dominated CroCop the whole round!...........as soon as the fight started and i saw how Gonzaga came out striking i was sure he would win,because the worst thing you wanna do with CroCop is retreat.....Give it up to Gonzaga man he came prepared!

This really makes me think twice about Pride fighters......First Gomi gets dominated by Diaz......Now Gonzaga dominates CroCop..and these are "the cream of the crop" from pride

So Arlovski is gonna fight the winner of Gonzaga/Couture.......I dont see Arlovski winning against any of them with his proformace tonight..

I've been saying that all along, those Pride fighters aren't all they're cracked up to be considering most of them are B level fighters, and you cant be the best in the world fighting B level fighters, yknow......

Yeah I've always thought that,but i dont like to bring it up much cuz you are immidiatly called a "nutthugger"........i have always thought Pride fighters we a step lower than UFC fighters....i've always liked pride and i always will,but i would always think Pride fighters were more about fighting and scrapping,and UFC is more about skill.....im not saying all pride fighters are not skilled,but they are fighting scrapers and they will not improve much like that

oooh no, here we go. this next year i will dread being a pride fan. all these upsets are fueling the fire for ufc nuthuggers. but the ball is in your court, seeing the number of upsets we have encountered in 2007 and i'll just wait peacefully.
BIGKAT
4/22/07 2:25:54AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

That was shocking....it wasnt like it was just 1 kick and thats it......Gonzaga dominated CroCop the whole round!...........as soon as the fight started and i saw how Gonzaga came out striking i was sure he would win,because the worst thing you wanna do with CroCop is retreat.....Give it up to Gonzaga man he came prepared!

This really makes me think twice about Pride fighters......First Gomi gets dominated by Diaz......Now Gonzaga dominates CroCop..and these are "the cream of the crop" from pride

So Arlovski is gonna fight the winner of Gonzaga/Couture.......I dont see Arlovski winning against any of them with his proformace tonight..

I've been saying that all along, those Pride fighters aren't all they're cracked up to be considering most of them are B level fighters, and you cant be the best in the world fighting B level fighters, yknow......

Yeah I've always thought that,but i dont like to bring it up much cuz you are immidiatly called a "nutthugger"........i have always thought Pride fighters we a step lower than UFC fighters....i've always liked pride and i always will,but i would always think Pride fighters were more about fighting and scrapping,and UFC is more about skill.....im not saying all pride fighters are not skilled,but they are fighting scrapers and they will not improve much like that

oooh no, here we go. this next year i will dread being a pride fan. all these upsets are fueling the fire for ufc nuthuggers. but the ball is in your court, seeing the number of upsets we have encountered in 2007 and i'll just wait peacefully.

If Pride fighters had won more than UFC fighters...would you still call it "Upsets?"

I don't call them upsets because they happened as I expected...
BIGKAT
4/22/07 2:27:38AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

By the way ...how are YOU going to call anyone a nuthugger when your avatar is some dude spankin it and actin like he's swalloing a big one?

I mean REALLY! LMAO
loller90278
4/22/07 2:35:37AM
what? do you not know what an upset is ? look at the percentage, 99% of the people on this site had crocop to win, 99% had st. pierre to win, etc etc..

and what does my avatar have anything to do with it? its a funny gif.
MindTreat
4/22/07 4:09:22AM
The stand up by Herb was absolutely BS. The reason why they do stand ppl up
is because there is no action. Gonzaga was hammering in elbows n fists like
crazy all the time.

Ref's have done bad calls all the time, so no need to go "conspiracy" over this,
Just have to accept the bad judgment and move on.

Man, im still in shock... 8-

edit: and people, come on, no need to quote that much...
keith-hackney1
4/22/07 11:50:33AM

Posted by MMA

I deleted your thread in the MMA news section because it was a blatant spoiler. Everyone can read what you type after your title so they still see the results.

Sorry dude, another learning mistake on my part, was trying to put it on the spoiler page but was logged into the wrong section. Real sorry to anyone who read it. Still getting the hang of this site.
cheers
grappler0000
4/22/07 2:40:59PM

Posted by loller90278

what? do you not know what an upset is ? look at the percentage, 99% of the people on this site had crocop to win, 99% had st. pierre to win, etc etc..

and what does my avatar have anything to do with it? its a funny gif.

I will admit that yes your avatar is pretty funny, but a glimpse can be deceiving ...I got some funny looks at work the other day from a coworker when I was on the forums, due to that pic.
Sam_Rothstein
4/22/07 4:29:56PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by xthe_scottx

This now couldn't be more true.

I figured I'll have to update that once the pictures are released!

that picture is tight except you should replace nick diaz's pic with the cro crop gonzaga fight since nick diaz's win was turned to a no contest after the whole weed fiasco
Ydoc
4/22/07 5:04:08PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein
that picture is tight except you should replace nick diaz's pic with the cro crop gonzaga fight since nick diaz's win was turned to a no contest after the whole weed fiasco

Still a win in this neck of the woods. The picture just needs to be bigger now, and add Pulver's loss along with CroCop's.
nellyhiphophead
4/23/07 12:30:11AM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Still a win in this neck of the woods. The picture just needs to be bigger now, and add Pulver's loss along with CroCop's.

yup both htose need to be added
grappler0000
4/23/07 4:46:23PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

yup both htose need to be added

Pulver's loss doesn't count...that happened last year.
Shin_Skillet
4/23/07 6:32:03PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by Manfred

Posted by xthe_scottx

This now couldn't be more true.

I figured I'll have to update that once the pictures are released!

I wonder how much this picture can be updated this year?
fedor54
4/25/07 12:32:14PM
well if gonzaga gets the beat then maybe it could be updated
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]