UFC 70 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 70 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
mma_fan_matt
4/21/07 5:41:28PM
He lost by a LHK?!
Ydoc
4/21/07 5:41:35PM
Bleh, I went 5-5 and I'm happy taking in how unpredictable this card has been. Really has been the year of upsets... and I think that's because everyone is so close to each other in training now it's a crapshoot. Really great time to be a fan.
xthe_scottx
4/21/07 5:43:51PM
I went 6 out of 10. At least Arlovski came through and won me some money. NOW CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SAYING ARLOVSKI IS OVERRATED!
Porgee
4/21/07 5:51:57PM
$1405 won this event. 7/10. Domination. But CC, what the fack? What were Napao's odds? 15/1?
MMA
4/21/07 5:55:35PM
I am not too surprised that Gonzaga won, but I am very surprised by how he won.
keith-hackney1
4/21/07 6:08:35PM
Can anyone on here tell me why my spoiler topic on crocop got deleated by administration?
******* year of upsets, mirko's leg looked horrible.
Felt sorry for elvis, took a hell of a beating, he's such a nice guy, almost as if was paid to get beat up.

MMA
4/21/07 6:36:38PM
I deleted your thread in the MMA news section because it was a blatant spoiler. Everyone can read what you type after your title so they still see the results.
D-Boy
4/21/07 7:55:06PM
Just got home IT WAS AWSOME

The undercards were better than the main tho
papercut
4/21/07 8:39:57PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

At least Arlovski came through and won me some money. NOW CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SAYING ARLOVSKI IS OVERRATED!

I can't see why people say that about him he's not overrated
Buddharox
4/21/07 9:33:23PM
well that was just ******* crazy. **** 2007
Omega
4/21/07 10:08:27PM
Jeezus I didn't see that coming...and apparently neither did Cro Cop....They need to nickname 2007 the year of the upset....
xthe_scottx
4/21/07 10:12:14PM
This now couldn't be more true.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Omega
4/21/07 10:21:05PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Okay now that's cool.
BadSanta
4/22/07 12:00:14AM
HOLY ******* SHIIIIIIIIIT! RHK knocks out CC!
xthe_scottx
4/22/07 12:01:36AM
It almost seems old now after knowing for the entire day but yeah, very surprising.
BadSanta
4/22/07 12:04:34AM

Posted by xthe_scottx

It almost seems old now after knowing for the entire day but yeah, very surprising.

I avoided news all day long and cannot believe it. This sport is so ******* unpredictable. It's all about style!
MMA
4/22/07 12:05:55AM
I cringed watching Cro Cop get KO'd by that high kick. He thought it would be a body kick and was expecting to block it, he never imagined it would be a high kick. He landed so awkwardly on the ground, this fight probably took a few years out of Cro Cop's career.
xthe_scottx
4/22/07 12:07:10AM

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by xthe_scottx

I avoided news all day long and cannot believe it. This sport is so ******* unpredictable. It's all about style!

I couldn't avoid it when I was watching Cage Rage on the computer today for 4 hours. I needed something to do while they had their breaks.
CincySaint
4/22/07 12:14:04AM
OMG...OMG...OMG, I can't beleive what i just saw.... what a kick...Damn i am speechless
BIGKAT
4/22/07 12:16:49AM
really?
Trapt1nw0nder
4/22/07 12:18:27AM
That was shocking....it wasnt like it was just 1 kick and thats it......Gonzaga dominated CroCop the whole round!...........as soon as the fight started and i saw how Gonzaga came out striking i was sure he would win,because the worst thing you wanna do with CroCop is retreat.....Give it up to Gonzaga man he came prepared!

This really makes me think twice about Pride fighters......First Gomi gets dominated by Diaz......Now Gonzaga dominates CroCop..and these are "the cream of the crop" from pride

So Arlovski is gonna fight the winner of Gonzaga/Couture.......I dont see Arlovski winning against any of them with his proformace tonight..
BIGKAT
4/22/07 12:19:55AM

Posted by thunder1030

does anyone know what werdum has been doing. i heard he just had a big win somewhere?

Recently he's been losing to Arlovski! LOL
BIGKAT
4/22/07 12:22:36AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

That was shocking....it wasnt like it was just 1 kick and thats it......Gonzaga dominated CroCop the whole round!...........as soon as the fight started and i saw how Gonzaga came out striking i was sure he would win,because the worst thing you wanna do with CroCop is retreat.....Give it up to Gonzaga man he came prepared!

This really makes me think twice about Pride fighters......First Gomi gets dominated by Diaz......Now Gonzaga dominates CroCop..and these are "the cream of the crop" from pride

So Arlovski is gonna fight the winner of Gonzaga/Couture.......I dont see Arlovski winning against any of them with his proformace tonight..

I've been saying that all along, those Pride fighters aren't all they're cracked up to be considering most of them are B level fighters, and you cant be the best in the world fighting B level fighters, yknow......
xthe_scottx
4/22/07 12:24:45AM

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

I've been saying that all along, those Pride fighters aren't all they're cracked up to be considering most of them are B level fighters, and you cant be the best in the world fighting B level fighters, yknow......

I disagree but I guess we'll find out when Nogueira fights.
Manfred
4/22/07 12:27:15AM

Posted by xthe_scottx

I figured I'll have to update that once the pictures are released!
Trapt1nw0nder
4/22/07 12:32:41AM

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Yeah I've always thought that,but i dont like to bring it up much cuz you are immidiatly called a "nutthugger"........i have always thought Pride fighters we a step lower than UFC fighters....i've always liked pride and i always will,but i would always think Pride fighters were more about fighting and scrapping,and UFC is more about skill.....im not saying all pride fighters are not skilled,but they are fighting scrapers and they will not improve much like that
Manfred
4/22/07 12:33:44AM

Posted by thunder1030

does anyone know what werdum has been doing. i heard he just had a big win somewhere?

His last fight he subbed Aleks E. in round one. And he's been training with Cro Cop. That's why I picked him. Aleks E. has better hands than AA and and Werdum is better on the ground.

Props to AA, and yes, I'm beginning to believe he's not so over-rated.

xthe_scottx
4/22/07 12:34:01AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by xthe_scottx

I figured I'll have to update that once the pictures are released!

Just when you thought you knew what was going to happen, once again the underdog overcomes. 2007 sure has been entertaining MMA-wise.
black96eclipse
4/22/07 12:45:15AM
I don't think Arlovski is overrated, but he hasn't been the same after his second fight against Sylvia. He needs to go all out and quit being so cautious.
Manfred
4/22/07 1:41:49AM
Am I the only one who thinks Gonzaga shouldn't have been stood up. I realize it didn't matter, but If the "kick was on the other head" so to speak, it would've really been unfair to GG. He was pretty busy in CCs guard and was scoring a lot of elbows.

He may not have been "improving position," but he was definately scoring points and wasn't just lay'n and pray'n. Any thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5