UFC 70 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 70 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Brick
4/7/07 9:59:48AM
Let me give it a try; some punctuation and spelling may help:

I wish! You're still going to pay $35, a month after it aired live.

mictlantechutli
4/7/07 12:01:37PM
Arlovski is going to get hurt
thunder1030
4/8/07 9:00:10PM
does anyone know what werdum has been doing. i heard he just had a big win somewhere?
p_unit23
4/9/07 5:50:36PM
Mirko will dominate gonzaga. i dont think he will be able to keep up with cro cop.
gcraig22
4/9/07 9:03:35PM
This card was put together for the fans in Europe. They don't often get the chance to see Arovski, Bisping, and Cro-Cop so close to home.
fedor54
4/10/07 12:23:03PM
well the last i saw with werdum was with big nog and he held his own to the decision..soo i dont think AA wil be able to handle this

also CC will kick gonzagas head of if he doesnt do wat sanchez did.......which was run around the cage like a gurl if he stands toe to toe with him it will be game over for gonzaga..hes gonna wake up somewhere in a couple weeks in a hospital bed in Britian somewhere.......
methodman_90
4/11/07 10:39:16AM
The atmosphere is gonna be buzzing because of the 4 English fighters on the card as well as the european fighters on show
JunCTion
4/11/07 11:57:21PM
sorry if this has been brought up but is 70 really on spike and not ppv. if so is it cause of the odd time (2:00pm eastern)
CWall33
4/12/07 7:13:14AM

Posted by JunCTion

sorry if this has been brought up but is 70 really on spike and not ppv. if so is it cause of the odd time (2:00pm eastern)

Yes, it will be on Spike. Tape delayed until 9 PM EST, I believe.
Rush
4/12/07 7:12:09PM
I just noticed that the second hot event was just removed from my event list? Is this an error or glitch?
JunCTion
4/13/07 12:14:07AM

Posted by Rush

I just noticed that the second hot event was just removed from my event list? Is this an error or glitch?

im assumig its cause the % was pretty close the first week or so but lately has gone pretty much in sakaras favor.

i dont know if this is related but did anybody get $50 added on to their wealth?
BadSanta
4/13/07 4:00:51AM

Posted by thelastking

Card looks great IMO. Werdum vs Arlovski should be a great fight, i see werdum submitting arlovski in the 2nd round.

I just sent you a wager regarding this.
CWall33
4/13/07 6:57:33AM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Rush

im assumig its cause the % was pretty close the first week or so but lately has gone pretty much in sakaras favor.

i dont know if this is related but did anybody get $50 added on to their wealth?

That's because they changed the scoring system, and made it retro-active to UFC67. Your points probably changed too, not just your money.

http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic3920-1.html
taz3423
4/13/07 10:39:22AM
anyone else notice that if you go to the official ufc 70 website at http://70.ufc.com/ that it looks like they'll only be televising:
Cro Cop/Gonzaga
Machida/Heath
and Bisping/Sinosic

and not Arlovski/Werdum?!?!? I mean this could easily be a mess up but it seems like they're not going to air that fight. It sounds crazy since Arlovski is one of the most popular fighters in the UFC.. I wonder if they just aren't hyping since it is Werdum's first UFC fight and they couldn't make a spiffy hype video?

very interesting..
JunCTion
4/13/07 11:02:40AM

Posted by taz3423

anyone else notice that if you go to the official ufc 70 website at http://70.ufc.com/ that it looks like they'll only be televising:
Cro Cop/Gonzaga
Machida/Heath
and Bisping/Sinosic

and not Arlovski/Werdum?!?!? I mean this could easily be a mess up but it seems like they're not going to air that fight. It sounds crazy since Arlovski is one of the most popular fighters in the UFC.. I wonder if they just aren't hyping since it is Werdum's first UFC fight and they couldn't make a spiffy hype video?

very interesting..

or as usual, dana & zuffa are being cheap and not showing the entire card, especially when theyre airing it for free
bengy_23
4/13/07 3:44:50PM
Cro Cop is beatable, we have all seen..
I think its funny how everyone thinks he can only lose to fedor!
nellyhiphophead
4/15/07 2:04:07PM

Posted by bengy_23

we all know that and i think this is a bad match up for cro cop but i sitll think he is going to win and have put wagers on him. but i think that is more jsut cause i want him to win then that i thinnk its a smart wager.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 9:37:58PM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by fugitive

I wish your still gonna pay 35 dollars a month after it aired live.

Someone please translate this to English.

lol if I could I would but that one has me fooled too lol
Juggernaut
4/15/07 9:40:41PM

Posted by bengy_23

yeah he's beatable but he's getting better and better with each fight. and coming to the UFC is going to give him more of a challenge fighting people he's never faced before, it's going to be interesting. and for a long time people thought that Wandy was unstoppable too but look what happened on that one
elviscanada
4/15/07 10:04:49PM
Hey let's not forget according to http://www.ufc.com it's also being carried in Canada on Spike TV at 9:00 this Saturday night
nellyhiphophead
4/15/07 10:13:48PM

Posted by elviscanada

Hey let's not forget according to http://www.ufc.com it's also being carried in Canada on Spike TV at 9:00 this Saturday night

o ya and loving that
Savy
4/20/07 3:36:07PM
if it wasn't for Werdum v Arlovski, this wouldn't even be worth buying. The whole card looks boring IMO
Savy
4/20/07 3:54:20PM

Posted by bengy_23

Sure he's beatable, if he's fighting Barnett, if he's fighting Hunt, if he's fighting an Emelianenko, if he's fighting Nogueira.
Relative to Mirko, Gonzaga is a complete scrub. The matchmakers must know this as well. They're setting Mirko up for a highlight reel finish. They know the fans will love it.
Gonzaga v Scherner was one of the worst fights I have ever seen in my life. They are both so big and slow w/ novice standup skills. Gonzaga best chances are against other slow sub-fighters, not a world-class kickboxer like Mirko.
This one will be even quicker and more brutal than Eddie Sanchez.

If I'm echoing someone else's point, I apologize, I haven't read through the entire thread.
nellyhiphophead
4/20/07 4:28:11PM

Posted by Savy

if it wasn't for Werdum v Arlovski, this wouldn't even be worth buying. The whole card looks boring IMO

don't have to buy it and it looks ok to me could be some good fights.
Ydoc
4/21/07 9:37:36AM
Got all my money on this card... it will either make me or brake me.
mma_fan_matt
4/21/07 3:37:39PM
Wow I'm doing so bad...
Manfred
4/21/07 3:55:12PM
Me too. 2 out of 6 so far. Got killed on the undercard
Thanks Machida, I need those 11 points!
xthe_scottx
4/21/07 4:20:01PM
4 out of 7 right now. Lost a good amount of money on Silva but made up for it with the money I won on Assuncao.
Ydoc
4/21/07 5:35:21PM
I'm back in mid 1,000 range thanks to that card. But its worth it for the win Gonzaga just pulled off. Everyone thought he'd be alone at the top in UFC heavyweights, and now he'll gladly take 3rd.

I love this year.
xthe_scottx
4/21/07 5:37:46PM

Posted by Ydoc

I'm back in mid 1,000 range thanks to that card. But its worth it for the win Gonzaga just pulled off. Everyone thought he'd be alone at the top in UFC heavyweights, and now he'll gladly take 3rd.

I love this year.

I'd love this year if I didn't keep losing points on these upsets.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5