Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo

Preliminary Bouts:
Dennis Siver vs. Jess Liaudin
Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki
Terry Etim vs. Matt Grice
Junior Assuncao vs. David Lee
Paul Taylor vs. Ediberto Crocota

Main card airs in the United States on Spike TV on Saturday, April 21st from 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM (ET/PT) on tape delay.
snakeplissken
2/25/07 1:35:52PM
I was hoping to go but at on average £100 for a semi decent seat, I won't. Instead Ill be paying £15 on Setanta.

Could have had a better main event though.
SteedTheDeed
2/25/07 8:13:39PM
looks like a pretty good card. who will tito fight?
DirtySouthBoss
2/25/07 8:50:19PM
I wish CC would be given better comp. He's being too protected and that isnt a main event match up to me. It is sounding like a good card though. I think the better fight will be AA v. Werdum.

I cant wait until CC fights Tim
Trapt1nw0nder
2/25/07 8:53:56PM
3 GREAT heavyweight fights?

you cant say that for 1 event that much
illinifighter
2/25/07 10:17:00PM
very tight card i wish we could see A.A. vs. crocop and bisping vs. griffin
Mantis
2/25/07 10:23:39PM
Looks like a very good card. Im excited to see how Werdum does against Arlovski. Highly anticipated card from my point of view. What do u people think?
jocksmall
2/25/07 10:31:07PM
another bad ufc card! all the fighters we want but against the wrong competion.
give us
cro-cop vs arloski
tito vs babalu
bisbing vs machada
these are fights that most of us would rather see

Broknmunky
2/26/07 8:53:55AM
I think the better card would be:
AA vs CC
Bisping vs Griffin
Tito vs Babalu
tomp6581
2/26/07 11:09:33AM
I bought my tickets last week! I'm really looking forward to seeing Mirko Cro Cop and Michael Bisping but the fight of the fight (on paper) has to be Andrei Arlovski vs Fabricio Werdum.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/26/07 7:02:09PM
Anyone see Arlovski winning?? Because I dont
Stickan
2/26/07 7:08:30PM
Nice card. And I'm glad Sakara gets another shot. His fights are almost always entertaining.
moob
2/27/07 12:18:27PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

I do. I reckon the big man is on the way up again.
babalu2720
2/27/07 6:44:49PM
werdum is great on the ground and has a more than legit chance of subbing andrei. i'm glad that he beat pe de pano, but it didn't show me he could beat a serious bjj practitioner. if marcio spoke english he wouldnt have gotten decked following the restart
thelastking
2/27/07 7:53:37PM
Card looks great IMO. Werdum vs Arlovski should be a great fight, i see werdum submitting arlovski in the 2nd round.
warglory
2/27/07 9:58:06PM
Cro Cop is amazing, but that is no main event unless they were to give him a better opponent.
jaba
2/28/07 1:33:37AM

If it goes to the ground Werdums got the sub, if its standing ittd be close but id giv a slight advantage to arlovski, but only slightly
Dalkiel
2/28/07 12:46:12PM

Ryoto Machida vs Forrest Griffin

YUMMY!
CWall33
3/1/07 9:16:49AM

Posted by jaba

If it goes to the ground Werdums got the sub, if its standing ittd be close but id giv a slight advantage to arlovski, but only slightly

Don't remember much about Werdum. Only seen him fight once (PRIDE-Total Elimination Absolute). His record looks impressive, and I've never really been impressed with Arlovski at all.

Find myself looking forward to this one more than the Cro Cop bout.
Derekownsyou813
3/1/07 5:44:13PM
Anyone else see Forest suffering another loss?
mmadb
3/2/07 7:18:28AM

Posted by Derekownsyou813

Anyone else see Forest suffering another loss?

Yes. And I'll put money on if I have any left after UFC 68.
CornishMMA
3/2/07 4:25:34PM
They have put AA in trouble matching him up with Werdum!
Forrest will lose so that seems an odd matchup as well
Thought Joe Silva liked to give guys like that tune up fights?
pv3Hpv3p
3/2/07 5:06:29PM

Posted by CornishMMA

They have put AA in trouble matching him up with Werdum!
Forrest will lose so that seems an odd matchup as well
Thought Joe Silva liked to give guys like that tune up fights?

I was really surprised to hear the matchup as well... It should be a tough fight for both guys, and the old adage is true, and styles make fights, this could be a barnburner...

I think it is partly to do with the UFC responding to the MMA community's bashing of their HW div... People say AA shouldn't be considered A level (not me) because of the comp he's faced in the past...

It's another win win for the UFC... If AA wins, it adds some legitimacy to their HW's and if he loses it's the perfect stage to showcase Werdum's skills to fans that aren't familiar with him...

PS: That is a badass GIF you got for your AV... I needs to get me one of those
BloodandTears
3/3/07 11:29:30AM

Posted by tomp6581

I bought my tickets last week! I'm really looking forward to seeing Mirko Cro Cop and Michael Bisping but the fight of the fight (on paper) has to be Andrei Arlovski vs Fabricio Werdum.

Precisely my outlook on this event as well. CC and bisping are gonna be fun to watch win, but in AA's case man its gonna be a test for both. I got Werdum winning though.
theBLADE
3/3/07 4:41:49PM
Machida vs Forrest is gonna be great but i also think tito vs forrest 2 would have been nice
disorderlyvision
3/4/07 2:06:11PM
should be some good fights. i agree that i would have rather seen cro cop v. arlovski
nellyhiphophead
3/7/07 3:08:01PM
Mirko Cro Cop vs Gabriel Gonzaga - like this fight more then mirko v.s a.a jsut casue if a.a won you would have to give him a title shot what the ufc was thinking could be tim still and who would of wanted to see tim fight a.a again this way they had a guy tim has never been in the cage with befor so i see this and like it casue gabriel has won a few in a row here.
Andrei Arlovski vs Fabricio Werdum - like this fight alot if a.a wins you have two tilte shots lined up for randy cro cop/gonzaga then a.a (he might need another fight to keep in pace when randy fights crocop/gonzaga fight or a card around there)

Ryoto Machida vs Forrest Griffin - i like this fight cause if machida can get past forrest it puts him in and around the top 5 at 205 in the ufc. and then with another big win he could get his title shot. then if forrest wins it gets him back to looking at taking on another top 5 kind of guy.

Michael Bisping vs Elvis Sinosic - i think this should be agood fight for bisbing he should be able to get past elvis withnot a big test but still steping up on his comp everytime he gets in the cage. ufc is doing a good job with building him up low like they did with nightmare and not tossing him to the wolfs yet. if elis wins then you migth see the ufc letting rashad fight him or even machida if he losses.

Assuerio Silva vs Cheick Kongo - i think this fight will stay up on the feet for the most part and kongo will be able to work from the out side get into the clinch and working some knees he just has to be careful of getting pulled down to the floor and silva acan work there should be a great fight or a borefest.

Dennis Siver vs Jess Liaudin - don't know much about both these guys so can't say much on them.

Alessio Sakara vs Victor Valimaki - and all i knwo about sakara is that he brings a show everytime he gets in the cage
Berti
3/8/07 5:22:51PM
could bisping get an easier path to the title...i mean he already had more fights then anyone before appearing on the tuff show, he should be at higher caliber of fighters...sometimes i think dana believes everyone is punch drunk
Momentosis
3/8/07 7:50:58PM
UFC 70 might be on SpikeTV.
argile
3/9/07 5:34:12AM

Posted by Momentosis

UFC 70 might be on SpikeTV.

Card looks hot, if its on spike i'll cream my pants.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5