UFC Champions at End of '07 - Make Your Predictions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Champions at End of '07 - Make Your Predictions
« Previous Page | Next Page »
nubby
6/20/07 7:14:10PM
I don't even think Crocop will get a shot at the belt this year.
mk1630
6/20/07 7:51:15PM
HW - Gonzaga
LHW - Liddell
MW - Silva
WW - Hughes
LW - Franca
kaduey
6/20/07 8:22:33PM
HW- Couture
LHW- Rampage
MW-Anderson Silva
WW- Matt Hughes
LW- BJ Penn
cmill21
6/20/07 8:28:30PM
^^ I hope BJ gets a shot right after the pulver fight...if he wins that is.
Gkizi
6/21/07 12:52:26AM
HW - Big Nog
LHW - Rampage (maybe Shogun !?)
MW - Anderson
WW - GSP
LW - Franca
griffinisback
6/21/07 12:57:23AM
its stupid to say that anyone but Sera or Hughes will have the WW title since they're fighting in november and the layoff to the next title shot will be into the next year
ac_gi
6/21/07 1:02:32AM
HW - Couture
LHW - Liddell
MW - Franklin
WW - Hughes
LW - Sherk
nubby
6/21/07 1:37:28AM

Posted by ac_gi

HW - Couture
LHW - Liddell
MW - Franklin
WW - Hughes
LW - Sherk

Why would you say Liddell when he won't even get a title shot this year?
ac_gi
6/21/07 1:45:17AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by ac_gi

HW - Couture
LHW - Liddell
MW - Franklin
WW - Hughes
LW - Sherk

Why would you say Liddell when he won't even get a title shot this year?

My guess is he'll get a title shot in December.
d_block07
6/21/07 2:28:18AM
HW - Arlovksi (please)
LHW - Rampage
MW - Rich
WW - Hughes
LW = Stevenson
ijung
6/21/07 2:46:23AM
HW - Gonzaga
LHW - Jackson
MW - A. SIlva
WW - Hughes
LW - Sherk
rcg916
6/21/07 3:40:42AM
HW: Gonzaga
LHW: Rampage
MW: Silva
WW: Hughes
LW: Sherk
Fanboy 1988
6/21/07 6:15:54AM
HW: Gonzaga
LHW: Henderson
MW: Anderson
WW: Hughes
LW: Sherk
Signal2112
6/21/07 6:47:23AM
HW- Couture
LHW- Rampage
MW-Anderson Silva
WW- GSP
LW- BJ Penn
thepunisher
6/21/07 11:00:36AM
HW- Fedor
LHW- Rampage
MW- Marquadt
WW-Hughes
LW-BJ Penn
AchillesHeel
6/21/07 11:40:51AM
Nice. One of the few "zombie threads" I approve of. It's interesting to see people's picks, 5 months later.

HW: Fedor isn't a UFC fighter - yet - so I'm not going to pick him. Meanwhile, I can't believe no one's picked Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Shame on you people. I think he'll run over Herring and then get a title shot (because Arlovski's title shot has been taken away); and I think he can take either Couture or Gonzaga. I don't think Cro Cop will get back into title contention before the end of the year.

LHW: Dan Henderson is legit, no question, but I'm still going to pick Rampage Jackson. He could have another title defense before the end of the year - in a New Year's Eve show, maybe? - but I don't know who it would be. Maybe Liddell again. Maybe Tito. I think only those three guys can give him a fight right now. Rashad can beat Tito, but I think he'd get beat up by Rampage.

MW: I haven't completely made up my mind, but I'm leaning towards Anderson Silva defending his belt against Marquardt and Franklin.

WW: The poster up the page is entirely correct - it has to be one of the Matts, simply due to logistics. I'll be pulling for Serra to win, but I think Matt Hughes will regain the hardware in time for the holidays.

LW: I don't see anyone beating B.J. Penn this year, and maybe not next year, either (yes, I think he's that good).

Bonus Pick - WEC FW: I'm already looking forward to Jens Pulver giving it a go, but I think Urijah Faber's wrestling will be too much for him.

Bonus Pick - TUF 6: Without knowing any of the other contestants, former KOTC champion Mac Danzig has to be a top contender, even at 170 lbs.
imctegart
6/21/07 3:11:31PM
Heavy- Gonzaga
Lt. Heavy- Rampage
Middle- Rich Franklin
Welter- Matt Hughes
Light- Sherk
keith-hackney1
6/21/07 3:27:14PM

Posted by tffdwg38

Heres mine:

HEAVYWEIGHT: Mirko Filipovic
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT: Chuck Liddell
MIDDLEWEIGHT: Anderson Silva
WELTERWEIGHT: Diego Sanchez
LIGHTWEIGHT: Melvin Gulliard

Wuts yours?

HEAVYWEIGHT: GG
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT: Ortiz
MIDDLEWEIGHT: Anderson Silva
WELTERWEIGHT: matt serra
LIGHTWEIGHT: hermes franca

AchillesHeel
6/21/07 3:32:12PM
Y'know, the more I think about it, the less chance I think Tito would have against either Rampage or Hendo.
babalu2720
6/21/07 3:43:40PM
HW- Gonzaga
LHW-Rampage
MW-Marquardt
WW-Serra
LW-Penn
loller90278
6/21/07 4:04:11PM
HW- Gonzaga
LHW-Henderson
MW-Silva
WW-Hughes
LW-Penn
hippysmacker
6/21/07 4:13:59PM

Posted by loller90278

HW- Gonzaga
LHW-Henderson
MW-Silva
WW-Hughes
LW-Penn

I agree with all except Gonzaga. I think Randy will tire him out in the later rounds
SilvioDante
6/22/07 10:04:08AM
Heavyweight ---------------- Fedor (assuming he comes)

Light Heavy ----------------- Shogun

Middleweight ------------------ Anderson Silva

Welterweight ------------------ Matt Hughes

Lightweight ------------------ Sean Sherk
Bass
6/22/07 12:08:02PM
HW- sylvia
LH- jackson
MW- franklin
WW- St. Pierre
LW- sherk
Frost
6/22/07 12:29:31PM
Heavyweight: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Light Heavyweight: Dan Henderson
Middleweight: Rich Franklin
Welterweight: Matt Serra
Lightweight: Jens Pulver

I said Rich because i think that Nate Marquart will beat Silva and then Rich will beat Nate.

I said Matt Serra because the only title defense he will even do this year is Matt Hughes and i have a feeling that Serra is going to submitt Hughes.

I said Jens because it is rumoured that whoever wins between Jens Pulver and BJ Penn will get a title shot and i think that Pulver will knock out Penn and then after Hermes Franca beats Sean Sherk, Pulver will own Franca.

Henderson will beat Jackson via 5 round decision and if he fights Rua, Hendo will submitt Rua in the 3rd

I said Big Nog because he will walk right through Herring and then he will fight the winner of Couture and Gonzaga and i beleive ethier one of those fights is good for Big Nog so he will win
AchillesHeel
6/22/07 12:42:05PM

Posted by Frost

[...]if he fights Rua, Hendo will submitt Rua in the 3rd

You obviously haven't seen Henderson fight.
johny_rotten
6/22/07 12:53:46PM
How do you pick for the end of the year if you have no idea who will be in the UFC by years end. Will they sign Fedor?

The easy pick is WW: Only one more title defense this year. Hughes as anoying as it is will defeat Serra, and end the year as Champ.

MW is the 2nd best pick. We know the next two title defenses. Anderson will defeat both Nate and Rich and be the champ comming in to '08.

LW I think will have the most entertaining end to '07. Sherk loses to Hermes. Then in what I think will take fight of the year BJ Penn will out last Franca in an all out war. BJ will be champ, but watch out for Melendez, Hansen, and Kawijiri.

LHW is kind of hard to predict. Rampage will storm past Dan, but who is next. Will it be a warm up match for Shogun the title chance or will Wandy vs Chuck happen and set up a NYE match between the winner of the former champs, and current champ Quinton. I love Rampage, but I have to say Rua takes his place as the top 205lb fighter in the sport, and will start his reign as best 205lb fighter ever.

HW is nearly impossible. Do they give AA a shot? god I hope not, but the common fan loves him. If Nog gets past Heath for the 3rd time does he get a shot? I think he deserves it, and is most likely, but if Fedor comes to the UFC all bets are off. I will say Randy defeats GG, and the UFC makes the dream fight happen on NYE. Fedor holds both belts by the end of the year.
MisFiT
6/22/07 1:00:16PM
HW- Couture
LHW- Rampage
MW- Anderson Silva
WW- Matt Hughes
LW- Sherk or BJ
bawzz
6/22/07 1:02:14PM
HW : Fedor
LHW : Shogun
MW : A.Silva
WW : GSP
LW : Franca
RampageCoS23
6/22/07 1:02:55PM
HW: CroCop (Look at his performace after a loss, won the Open Weight GP)
LHW: Rampage (Henderson will make it a fight but he belongs at 185)
WW: St. Pierre (Will destroy Kosbitch and it doesn't matter who holds the title after Serra-Hughes, he's too good to not regain the belt)
LW: BJ Penn (If he decides to stay at 155) if not Sherk (Going to hold Franca down for five rounds next month)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5