ufc vs cage rage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc vs cage rage
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 5:50:52PM
Im not a huge cage rage fan, probebly due to the fact that i was a ufc fan before cage rage even existed. For me, cage rage has just started to grow across this country with bigger venues, better known fighters and some good quality bouts. Just as cage rage becomes a household name am i wrong in thinking that dana white is cashing in on the cage rage success of mma in the uk by bringing the ufc back while the iron is hot. I mean, cage rage finally gets a fan base across the country, then back comes the ufc to fill out a huge venue in manchester to show the usa mma scene. cage rage fans are gonna get blown away by the ufc, that could put a slope on the next cage rage event ??? any thoughts on the post by mr. keith hackney ???
zephead
2/19/07 6:04:04PM
Dana is thinking like Napoleon..... world domination.
Zvonimir
2/19/07 6:07:44PM
I think its very strategic on Dana's part that the UFC event is on the exact same night as Cage Rage. I'll watch both though, the Cage Rage cards have been decent lately and the next one is no exception.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 6:15:16PM
I emailed dave o donnel (cage rage promoter) this very same poll and he said that the ufc is all about the pay per view(ppv) ratings and not so much about the fan base or sell out crowds in the uk. He said that theres no way londoner's will travel to manchester to watch the ufc there, he told me that dana has already booked a venue in london for later in the year. I still think its bad timing and could give a blow to cage rage.
Does this mean that the ufc will be shown on ppv here in the uk ??... that could be a good thing for future ufc oversea's events !!
hippysmacker
2/19/07 6:18:31PM
Since the UFC's last PPV in the UK was before Cage Rage existed I don't think it's a case of the UFC cashing in on cage rage. Vice Versa if anything. However, I don't like the fact that they are running the show on the same day. I know it's business to " crush your enemies" as Conan would say, but as an MMA fan I don't like it. I don't live in the UK and only see thier fight's online and after the fact. Still, if I did live there it would tick me off. It prevents fans from seeing both live on PPV or in person I think. I guess it's possible that they are at different times( didn't check) , but knowing how Dana does business I doubt it.
keith-hackney1
2/19/07 6:21:19PM
we dont get ufc or cage rage on ppv in england. If we do, tell me how coz i want to get them !!!!
Zvonimir
2/19/07 6:24:47PM
I Remember seeing something about Cage Rage being on Sky Sports (?) in England. I could be wrong and talking out of my ass, as I am not from England, but I'm pretty sure you guys get Cage Rage on tv one way or another.
Zvonimir
2/19/07 6:26:31PM

Posted by hippysmacker

"crush your enemies"

see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
hippysmacker
2/19/07 6:28:30PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

we dont get ufc or cage rage on ppv in england. If we do, tell me how coz i want to get them !!!!

Ask nate22, he's from the UK and I'm sure he can help you. Just send him a PM
nate22
2/20/07 6:40:40AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Mate, UFC is on Bravo the day after it is aired in the US, better yet, it's free, but seriously make the most of it as it won't be for too long.

Cage Rage is harder to find although it can be found streamed online, pm for any details. It is sometimes shown on Men and Motors, there is one show a week and I think that it is on Wednesdays.

FTN and Bravo are also both showing The Ultimate fighter.

Men and Motors also has King of the Cage full events on Friday nights at 2.40am.

Eurosport has shown Pride in the past, i've seen it a couple of times but nothing much recently, K1 is shown on Eurosport on occasions if you are interested and channel Five shows the K1 British Qualifications in the early morning and tends to show the majority of the best Muay Thai events that have took place in the UK.

Where abouts you from? Hope that helps/
nate22
2/20/07 6:41:22AM

Posted by Zvonimir

I Remember seeing something about Cage Rage being on Sky Sports (?) in England. I could be wrong and talking out of my ass, as I am not from England, but I'm pretty sure you guys get Cage Rage on tv one way or another.

Cage Rage was on Sky Sports, not seen it on there for a while.
keith-hackney1
2/20/07 12:08:26PM
Im from basingstoke in hampshire, uk. I know ufc is on bravo, though events are cut due to air time. cage rage is on sky sports and various other mma shows are on twc fight channel. but in england we got no spike tv or ufc/pridefc ppv. i would rather pay £25.00 to watch the ufc 24 hours before its shown and pasted on bravo. There's loads of mma fans that would. I hope dana white is going to set this up with sky uk as the ufc will show 4 events here this year.
Cheers for response....
keith-hackney1
2/20/07 12:12:57PM
will contact nate22, it seems different people up and down the uk have different access to these events before they get put on tv. I have a guy up north who copy's me pride dvds but still i dont get to see them till about 2 weeks after they happen, by then its old news. I really want to be able to buy these shows on the night.
cheers for response...
nate22
2/20/07 5:12:00PM
Streaming and torrents mofo, I will send you the details and hopefully get you sorted.
keith-hackney1
2/20/07 5:24:56PM
Thankyou kindly nate 22
sonar
7/12/07 5:51:47PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

cage rage and UFC are normally on ppv on sky so you can order it if you are a sky subscriber.

also for cage rage 22 will be aired live on sky ports 3 from 9pm
TheHitmanTL
7/12/07 6:21:27PM
The Ufc IMO will eventually own everything from king of the cage to K1