Will UFC bring a 145lb wieght class in???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Will UFC bring a 145lb wieght class in???
blkssncpt
6/25/07 3:53:47PM
Seeing as how the 155er's are so exciting do u guys think that the UFC will bring in the 145 lb wieght class? Pulver said he was going to drop back down to 145 and alot of the guys and the LW devision are naturely 145er's so.... Maybe, maybe not? thoughts?
mkiv9secsupra
6/25/07 3:57:36PM
probly not any time soon. There just arent enough big "name" fighters and top contenders that could fill this weight. Just like a superheavyweight. there are some fighters that could dominate but just not enough to make it not seem repetitive
spider1179
6/25/07 4:00:06PM
Not anytime in the near future. 145's will be in the WEC. There is no reason Zuffa would want to compete with itself in such a small weight class.

Besides, everytime I see those guys I just want to force them to eat something.
Aether
6/25/07 4:30:59PM
I doubt this will happen for a long time, if ever. I would like to see it happen, but it won't.
Ultimate_fighter
6/25/07 4:50:40PM

Posted by Aether

I doubt this will happen for a long time, if ever. I would like to see it happen, but it won't.

Yea, it probably wont happen... WEC has the 145 pound weight class... thats where pulvers going...
buckndro
6/25/07 5:04:32PM

Posted by Aether

exactly they already have WEC going an promotiong that, it would kill the 145 there seeing as im sure they would all just go to the UFC then
The_Iceman
6/25/07 5:23:30PM
no way UFC will be bringing the 145lb weightclass in.. it's in WEC know.. WEC is owned by UFC so that would be a stupid thing to do IMO.

Maybe some day in the future.. but i'm guessing not