ufc $$$ > boxing $$$ ?? has it happened???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc $$$ > boxing $$$ ?? has it happened???
quintos
6/3/07 9:52:26PM
has anyone already reported on this or does boxing still make more money?
zephead
6/3/07 9:54:49PM
I think Oscar made like $30 million for his last fight
cmill21
6/3/07 9:54:59PM
In PPV the last UFC's have been dominating both boxing and WWE. As for fighters earnings the boxers still pull down gobs more per fight (de la hoya made $25 million his last fight, while liddell made $500,000)
Aether
6/4/07 12:57:44AM
I think the mayweather delahoya fight actually did more PPV than any MMA cards have been able to bring in, but from the numbers that I've seen the UFC is pulling in more PPV revenue anually than boxing by a rather large amount. Sadly, so is the WWE.
Believe-in-judo81
6/4/07 3:45:06AM
In the overall global picture boxing still makes waaaay more bank than MMA but it's picking up tons of steam in the U.S. and Europe and is talked about much more amoung the casual audience than boxing is in the states now. The thing thatt kills me is the crappy salaries they pay our MMA fighters. these guys bust their asses and train like no other athletes train and they deserve a salary that reflects that.
Kisame
6/4/07 6:18:29PM
According to Rogan in a recent interview. The fighters are getting paid alot more than whats being announced public.

Spiderman
6/4/07 6:23:59PM

Posted by cmill21

In PPV the last UFC's have been dominating both boxing and WWE. As for fighters earnings the boxers still pull down gobs more per fight (de la hoya made $25 million his last fight, while liddell made $500,000)

Those numbers are really misleading . The ufc , and WWE are beating Hbo boxing for ppv buys . But other than the ufc I dont think mma does much in ppv buys . While for me at least the majority of boxing ppv's I buy are not from HBO ! I dont think mma , or wwe is doing more ppv buys than boxing there just doing more than HBO .

I thought De La Hoya made 40 Million and PBF was around 25 Million ?
nubby
6/4/07 6:24:22PM

Posted by Kisame

According to Rogan in a recent interview. The fighters are getting paid alot more than whats being announced public.

I don't think boxers are getting paid more on average I think the top fighters are the only ones making more.
Spiderman
6/4/07 6:28:45PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Kisame

I don't think boxers are getting paid more on average I think the top fighters are the only ones making more.

Do You know who Shannon Briggs is , or Sultan Ibragamov ? both of them can make over 1 million per fight .

I can tell name some of the PFP best fighters in mma and some are not makeing 50 ,000 per fight ... Paulo Filho , I dont think Shogun was even makeing 50,000 for his last fight in Pride according to his pay scale .

Considering Delahoya and PBF took more than 50 % of the revenue from there fight [ similar to Nfl , nba ]

Compared to ufc where fighters make around 1 - 2 % of revenue I think its safe to say boxers as a whole are makeing more money .
Ultimate_fighter
6/4/07 6:57:55PM
Boxing has a ton of more money, but they been here for how many years, and mma was here for not even that long. UFC created in 1993, on 14 years now, and it is doing great.
quintos
6/6/07 6:13:22AM
i guess until sponsors find out that ufc gets more crowds then maybe they would pony up the bucks?
Leland
6/6/07 8:40:51AM
MMA is still young. Many years ahead of it. MMA fighters will be getting paid their millions in time :)
cmill21
6/6/07 9:38:44AM
I would like to see the UFC held in larger venues IE: pride sized crowds. The gate would be huge, and then the PPV would also be a nice bit of pocket change.