UFC 73....best card i've seen in a long long time

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 73....best card i've seen in a long long time
xchickox
5/6/07 6:42:38PM
how good is it looking now they've added the big nog fight

2 title fights
Ortiz's comeback/last stand
one of the best heavyweights ever

i'm not convinced they can make this card any better
the-james
5/6/07 10:08:33PM
Card looks awesome its got four awesome fights and two very solid undercard fights so far, im hoping they throw Brandon Vera on the card and it will be the best card of all time (maybe)
Gladiator
5/6/07 10:14:27PM

Posted by the-james

Card looks awesome its got four awesome fights and two very solid undercard fights so far, im hoping they throw Brandon Vera on the card and it will be the best card of all time (maybe)

its an awesome card so far but its going to need at least four more great matchups to be considered the best card of all time. ufc 52 sets the bar very high IMO.
xthe_scottx
5/6/07 10:23:03PM
UFC 73 does look good and IMO, all the UFC 70's so far look good. I personally think UFC 71 is going to be better. 71 has Liddell vs Rampage, Gouveia vs Marrero, Schafer vs Salmon, Irvin vs Thiago Silva, Din Thomas vs Jeremy Stephens, and the return of Ivan Salaverry along with Parisyan vs Burkman. Also, you forgot about Lytle vs Joslin on UFC 73 which looks like the best fight IMO with the exception of Marquardt vs Silva.
mkiv9secsupra
5/6/07 10:42:47PM
ufc 71 still looks better. it should have lot less one sided fights...we all know herring, franca, and evans are gonna lose. ufc 71 has irvin/silva, looks like an awesome standup war. karo/burkman, just going to be a great match. Liddell/Jackson II, this is going to be the match of the year. and liddell will move to heavyweights after his win.

and also i wouldve liked to see nogueira fight a ufc fighter. someone like vera. i hope his next fight is against andrei arlovski.
the-james
5/6/07 10:53:22PM

its an awesome card so far but its going to need at least four more great matchups to be considered the best card of all time. ufc 52 sets the bar very high IMO.

Ufc 52 ended up being one of the greatest pay per views of all time because of how the fights went but on paper it didnt look that great compared to 73 which has two title fights as well and plus Tito vs rashad which is easily a main event on any ufc card and it has the #2 heavyweight in the world fighting.

UFC 52
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jason Miller
Matt Lindland vs. Travis Lutter
Welterweight Championship Bout: Champion Matt Hughes, vs. Frank Trigg
Renato Sobral vs. Travis Wiuff
Light Heavyweight Championship Bout: Champion Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell

UFC 73 so far
Chris Lytle vs Jeff Joslin
Nog vs Heath Herring
Lightweight championship: Champion Sean Sherk vs Hermes Franca
Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz
Middleweight Championship: Anderson Silva vs. Nate Marquardt

Its close but i think once the ufc 73 card is complete it will edge out 52 by a bit.
Northrend
5/6/07 11:32:22PM
This is probably the best card (or one of the best) ive seen since the first ever Pride LWGP hopefully it can deliver.
methodman_90
5/7/07 2:04:41PM
UFC 73 is the perfect card to show if MMA is really past boxing and it should deliver
Ultimate_fighter
5/7/07 7:55:51PM
Yeaaa.... UFC 73 is gonna be a great night.