UFC, Apr. 7th: Koscheck v. Sanchez, it's official!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC, Apr. 7th: Koscheck v. Sanchez, it's official!!!!
POLL: Diego Sanchez v. Josh Koscheck : Who wins??
Diego Sanchez 78% (32)
Josh Koscheck 22% (9)
Phantomskillz
2/4/07 8:39:32PM
The one is going to be a classic....who wins it???
Stickan
2/4/07 8:46:00PM
Diego by sub late in the 2nd, early in the 3rd after a very competitive bout with Sanchez getting the better of the stand-up and Kos getting some good takedowns.
ElGuAPo
2/4/07 8:53:20PM
this one is not gonna be a classic its going to suck
madmarck
2/4/07 9:30:20PM
KOS by KO!!!! I hope this guys bang it out. Kos has been gettin some awesom stand up lately. See his fight with Goulet? He dropped him with a right hook. And Diego well he is coming off of a KO victory over Riggs.
Kos KO 3:18 of round 2
Calling it right here!
bayonetxwork
2/4/07 9:46:08PM
Kos. Hes better than Sanchez at everything except for jits. Which is why its going to be important for him to get top position if Sanchez wants the fight to be on the ground. His wrestling is better, his stand up is better, so he should be able to control the fight, or lay and prey if he has to.
tamarslay3
2/4/07 11:17:47PM
Sanchez baby wooooooooo go Sanchez
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Trapt1nw0nder
2/4/07 11:52:35PM
I think Kos is Intimidated by Sanchez.......i think he will fight scared and ruin his gameplan.....

Diego by TKO 3rd round GnP
mrsumo
2/5/07 1:18:37AM
This one is going to go to the ground pretty quickly. They might start out banging due to rivalry they have, but the first one to get stung is going to shoot.
Diego pretty much has this one wrapped up. he has the experience, the skill, and the record behind him to prove this.
Koshcheck is a good fighter with proven skills on the ground. Just not as good as Sanchez.

Sanchez, unanimous decision.
BabbyHughes
2/5/07 2:20:10AM
Oh man, I have been wanting to watch this fight for a while. If it wasn't for the TUF 5 deal, I think Diego would already be fighting GSP for the title but whatever. I know Diego likes to fight and I doubt he wants time off before a title match up, so im not surprised that he took this fight even though he has already proved himself with his 6 wins over some tough competition. I would have to pick Diego for this fight. He is constantly surprising me, and I know he will put together some crazy gameplan to neutralize Josh Koscheck. Although, it is possible for Josh to win a lay and pray decision over Diego, but not likely imo.
strikefirstgear
2/5/07 3:00:03AM
Good fight I'll bet. My money says Sanchez beats KOS again! This time before it goes to decision.
GNP4LYFE
2/5/07 3:04:34AM
Kos by UD

If all else fails, Koschek will most likely resort to his wrestling and GNP his way to a UD
mrsumo
2/5/07 3:59:26AM

Posted by GNP4LYFE

Kos by UD

If all else fails, Koschek will most likely resort to his wrestling and GNP his way to a UD

More like LNP for a split decision.
hippysmacker
2/5/07 4:17:10AM

Posted by Stickan

Diego by sub late in the 2nd, early in the 3rd after a very competitive bout with Sanchez getting the better of the stand-up and Kos getting some good takedowns.

100% agree with you
madmarck
2/5/07 10:05:12AM
Slams and Bombs is what this fight is gonna be filled with.
nate22
2/5/07 10:25:01AM
Koscheck has not done anything in the UFC yet that makes me thing he has any chance vs Sanchez whatsoever. What exactly has he done/beat that makes any of you guys think that he has since the last fight which finished with a black and blue Koscheck who could barely stand up.

Since then Sanchez has been beating top WW contenders whilst Koscheck has been decisioning gatekeepers and no hopers.

In addition it's a bad match up of styles and could lead to a pretty boring fight.
Texican
2/5/07 7:43:12PM
I don't understand why Diego would take this fight at this point in his career . To take a fight this dangerous after working so hard to work his way up the rankings is crazy . Kos has improved every area of his game since they fought last and Diego barely won that fight .
Don't take this the wrong way because I still beleive he will win , but it just seems like a big risk .
illkornstar
2/5/07 8:18:18PM
sanchez wins this fight because he is a well rounded fighter, has way more heart and kos' ego is going to get in his way,

just like when sanchez fought diaz, diaz thought he was such a better fighter than diego and that he was so great that there was no way he could lose.

diego rd 3 stoppage
JoeMimic
2/5/07 8:26:20PM
Diaz is a good fighter; it's just hard to beat a fighter with really really good takedowns when you aren't a major knockout artist that would make the opponent hesitant to shoot. Ask anyone in the UFC's 155 division; it's hard to beat someone when you're on your back and Sean Sherk is laying on top of you.

I have a feeling this fight is going to stay on the feet and someone will be ko'd. I'm not a big fan of Koscheck but hell even I might root for him in this one.

illkornstar
2/5/07 8:54:46PM

Posted by JoeMimic

Diaz is a good fighter; it's just hard to beat a fighter with really really good takedowns when you aren't a major knockout artist that would make the opponent hesitant to shoot. Ask anyone in the UFC's 155 division; it's hard to beat someone when you're on your back and Sean Sherk is laying on top of you.

I have a feeling this fight is going to stay on the feet and someone will be ko'd. I'm not a big fan of Koscheck but hell even I might root for him in this one.

i never said that diaz was not a good fighter, he is a hell of a fighter and puts on great fights, i was just saying diego was a better fighter that night and his heart won that fight for him, who knows how it would go if they fought a 2nd time, i was just refering to his cocky attitude going into the fight and kos' attitude kinda reminds me of diaz' before that fight thats all.
GSPFan0385
2/5/07 9:27:25PM
With the war of words that has been going on with these guys for the past year will only make this fight even better.

It should be a great fight. I think right off the top of my head I'm going to have to go with Deigo.
JunCTion
2/5/07 10:54:24PM
nate22, right on!
without looking it up, i don't think i could tell you who kos' last few opponents were. diego has had a much harder road to this fight (diaz, karo, riggs) and he's improved with each fight. i don't think he'll let this fight be boring. diego - arm bar beginning of 2nd.
BrAeDeN91
2/5/07 10:57:22PM
that will be intersesting to see both are wrestlers. sanchez has alot of heart he doesnt quit. but kos is a good wrestler. i still say diego by tko 2nd.
SteedTheDeed
2/6/07 12:02:03AM
i hate both guys so much, i would prefer diego to lose.
JunCTion
2/6/07 12:12:58AM
i just want to know how many wins is it going to take for sanchez to get a title shot. he is really the only successful TUF fighter (wins/losses). that was season 1 and all this time has passed and these idiot comebackers get their shot immediately! what's up with that?
Manfred
2/6/07 5:56:17AM
I think if Diego takes this, he's got to be up for the next WW shot after Serra.
Stickan
2/6/07 6:05:28AM

Posted by Texican

I don't understand why Diego would take this fight at this point in his career . To take a fight this dangerous after working so hard to work his way up the rankings is crazy . Kos has improved every area of his game since they fought last and Diego barely won that fight .
Don't take this the wrong way because I still beleive he will win , but it just seems like a big risk .

Was a long time since I last saw that TUF fight but I thought Diego won that one pretty convincingly? Kos did look like a Ken Shamrock-post-Tito after the fight due to all knees he ate.

Other than that I totally agree with you. A risky fight for Diego to take. He's undefeated and on a roll and a title fight for him now would sell huuuuge. From his perspective though I think he believes he can beat anyone on any given day and that Kos is just another step in proving himself.

Joe Silva must have a lot of confidence in Diego for this fight because if Diego loses he's probably made a huge mistake making this match-up.

Kos is not as easy to market as a title contender as Diego and since UFC is looking to expand it's brand in Mexico and on the hispanic scene Diego is perfect.
ac_gi
2/6/07 6:53:16AM
I'll be watching this one live and in person, 6 rows back! Anyway...

I think Diego is a more well rounded fighter at this point in there careers. Diego should stop this fight in the 3rd, or win a unanimous decision. I think Kos' wrestling ability will allow him to survive 2 and 1/2 rounds.
JunCTion
2/6/07 11:07:44AM
guys. what's he gonna say? dana, i don't want to take on kos because it's to risky. it might hurt my chances for a title shot. Stickan, you're right. he believes he can beat anybody. and so far he has. when you're undefeated, any fight could be risky. diego's the one that said "i'll fight whoever the put in front of me"
zephead
2/6/07 6:07:53PM
Josh's wrestling is insane. He could win. With that, Sanchez just keeps getting better every fight. His hunger is through the roof. He's patient. Not pushing for the title shot. Leaving it up to the UFC, but really leaving it up to his results.