UFC All Access Sherk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC All Access Sherk
Northrend
7/6/07 4:12:10AM
I just watched this and was gladly reminded at how hard Sherk trains. I had Hermes winning by sub round 4..but now that I think about it a little bit harder and just realize how dedicated Sherk really is I have him winning a decision. Did anyone else get to see this though? Sherk is a beast! (I remember seeing him train prior to his fight with Matt Hughes and thinking the same thing but was so long ago forgot) Anyways can't wait for the fight, should be good.
InkedUp
7/6/07 7:17:23AM
I watched a bit of it. And that is some sick training he does. Now I realize why he does so well on the ground in regards to moving his opponent/himself around.
tuvok500
7/6/07 10:27:29AM
I saw it too and this guy is no joke.
but the only thing i don't understand is, did he train only for conditioning ?
i did not see many mma's technique.

DevonFoxy
7/6/07 11:43:31AM
Yea i saw it last night the man is a complete beast. He never lets his body rest and the whole thing about the mantle being empty for 8 years until he got his UFC belt. yea thats what dedication is. Hermes Franca is in a world of hurt because this guy is gonna be ready to keep his belt and from what it looks like Franca is gonna have to kill him to take his belt away from him.
hippysmacker
7/6/07 12:28:33PM

Posted by tuvok500

I saw it too and this guy is no joke.
but the only thing i don't understand is, did he train only for conditioning ?
i did not see many mma's technique.

They showed him doing a grappling gauntlet and a standup gauntlet on the show. Personalli wished of the All Access shows focused on the training like this one did.
fedorwins1
7/6/07 1:03:41PM
He's an extemely dedicated hard worker. I like how he said I don't eat for tast I eat for performance.
Northrend
7/6/07 3:50:41PM

Posted by fedorwins1

He's an extemely dedicated hard worker. I like how he said I don't eat for tast I eat for performance.

Lol yeah, I think I would miss good tasting food too much hehe
Ydoc
7/6/07 4:27:23PM
This combined with the fact that Hermes doesn't have running in his routine makes me think this might be a beatdown.
rcg916
7/6/07 4:37:23PM
Sherk is just flat out scary at 155. He trains as hard as anyone, thats for sure. Hermes is my boy, but.....
Infused
7/6/07 6:28:20PM
The workout is ridiculous. I had him beating Franca already, but this just solidifies my decision.
puppetmaster837
7/6/07 8:44:22PM
I have a bet on him against one of my friends and watching that made me even more sure that it was a smart choice. For the amount of muscle he has his cardio is unreal.
masodd
7/6/07 10:35:56PM
yeah i watched it ..........he is a freak he takes 66 supplements a day man thats nuts
aceprone
7/7/07 11:48:28AM
all I'm going to say is that Sherk is the man, and watching that show also puts a stamp on why the UFC put him as a contender for the 155 belt. His dedication is off the charts and I don't see him letting that belt go to his head anytime soon. He's a good solid champion that's only going to make everyone else in the 155 division chasing that belt to become better fighters. Can anyone really think of anyone else in the 155 division who's a better canidate, who's going to uphold that belt and take it their champion status as serious as Sean Sherk?

I can't think of anyone.
GWD
7/7/07 4:20:54PM
Coming from MNMAA, I can say that is why he received as much one-on-one time as he did. He wouldn't stop training. If he was a few inches taller (or his arms were a few inches longer), he could've held the title at 170.

Prior to moving to the LW division, he did hardwood floors and stuff out of Brooklyn Center full-time(or Park, I always forget) and still kept the same workout routine. Blue-collar as can be, and it seems he is starting to become buddy buddy with Hughes now that he is out of his weight class.

He is a model representative of MMA, and I hope he holds that belt for a long time.

veritas
7/7/07 7:12:09PM
ya, i have sherk by decision too. Its a shame his ground n pound isn't a little more brutal or i would say he could TKO franca sooner. but regardless, i have sherk winning. as to who would be able to beat sherk at LW, well theres always BJ if he stays at LW but like u said, he wouldnt uphold it as prominently and proudly as sherk. I do see BJ submitting him however, or it going past 3 rounds and sherk winning the decision.

who do u take in a match up between BJ and Sherk?
MisFiT
7/7/07 9:38:25PM
Anyone think Sherk will be the next guy in the world of Sports to pull a Benoit?

But on a serious note, yes that is insane, he is one of the most dedicated guys i've ever seen. Hope he keeps his belt cause he's down like that.