Why is it only the UFC??

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Why is it only the UFC??
Fanboy 1988
6/20/07 9:00:10AM
That we can bet on? Just curious
MisFiT
6/20/07 9:14:16AM
We are most likely gettin more, UFC and Pride will soon be among many others.
tepid55
6/20/07 10:28:51AM
The first event under the new system is a UFC event.
rcg916
6/20/07 10:51:21AM
The one reason that I can think of would be that smaller shows' cards change so often, that half of the fights would be replaced due to no shows, etc. Maybe just being able to bet on the main cards of smaller shows would eliminate this?
Mayo
6/20/07 12:35:41PM
I think another reason is that there are a lot of no-name fighters in the other orgs and if Sherdog does not have any fighter stats for them then we won't know how to bet on them.

Also it may be more difficult to get the list of results in a timely fashion from the smaller orgs. This would delay the results of our bets.

And as mentioned earlier the cards change frequently.
CornishMMA
6/20/07 2:32:36PM

Posted by rcg916
The one reason that I can think of would be that smaller shows' cards change so often, that half of the fights would be replaced due to no shows, etc. Maybe just being able to bet on the main cards of smaller shows would eliminate this?

Errrm i think you are talking about Wild Bills Fight Party and the like in places like Arkansas, we are wanting to pick and wager on big shows like Strikeforce, Elite XC, IFL, K-1 Heroes, maybe even Cage Rage
But i dont want to wager on Kimbo Mercer!!!!!
rcg916
6/20/07 3:26:42PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by rcg916

Errrm i think you are talking about Wild Bills Fight Party and the like in places like Arkansas, we are wanting to pick and wager on big shows like Strikeforce, Elite XC, IFL, K-1 Heroes, maybe even Cage Rage

Errrrm, actually I am talking about the shows you mentioned. How many matches on Elite XC were the actual originally announced fights? Oh, and werent there a ton of replacements already on Strikeforce? IFL subs people in on a whim, just last week, two of the SoCal fighters were replaced...

Do I need to go on?

So... errrrm, pipe down unless you know what youre talking about boss!
LightsOut33093
6/20/07 7:55:00PM
cuz all other orgs suck
LightsOut33093
6/20/07 7:55:51PM
WEC is OK thoguh
mma4life
6/20/07 11:11:24PM
other shows are to small
ac_gi
6/21/07 1:16:07AM
I would be OK with WEC, Bodog, Strikeforce or the IFL. But i wouldn't want anything smaller. I think the majority of fans should have the opportunity to watch the fights they are wagering/picking. The smaller shows have limited visibility.
CornishMMA
6/21/07 9:47:46AM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by rcg916

Errrrm, actually I am talking about the shows you mentioned. How many matches on Elite XC were the actual originally announced fights? Oh, and werent there a ton of replacements already on Strikeforce? IFL subs people in on a whim, just last week, two of the SoCal fighters were replaced...

Do I need to go on?

LMFAO dude WTF are you talking about???
You telling me to pipe down cos i dont know what im talking about it so ironic i cant laugh enough at you!!!!!

Elite XC event had ZERO replacements but i see you phrased it as a question as you dont know yourself and are blindly specualting with a lot of ignorance.

Their small show before K-1 with 3 fights had 1 fighter out due to CSAC being very fussy.
The K-1 show itself did have 2/12 fighters unable to fight, NEWS FLASH that isnt "nearly half"

Strikeforce - errrm no methinks you are confused, there is just 1 fighter not able to fight and thats Krazy violating his parole, there were injury concerns for Ninja for he is able to fight

IFL - im not that up on as i rarely get to see them over here and would prefer if they werent up for picks - but you guys were actling like they are unprofessinal fighters in these "small shows" and i LMAO at the term "no-shows", most of these fighters are easily UFC quality and earn just as much money, the idea of them not showing up for no reason is hilariously ingorant on your behalf

Yes ........ you do need to go on as you have quoted NONE that back up your highly confused argument

I have literally no idea what you guys are talking about or why you think they are any different than the UFC, fighters get injured, it happens everywhere, there are never "no-shows" that is such a stupid thing to say imo
CornishMMA
6/21/07 8:23:40PM

Posted by rcg916

Do I need to go on?

1. Yes please back up your spurious claims with actual evidence

2. IRONY
CornishMMA
6/23/07 11:00:22AM
Yep i thought so