MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 75
Ultimate_fighter
6/10/07 6:32:26PM
Light Heavyweight Championship Bout :
Quinton Jackson vs Dan Henderson

Heavyweight Bout :
Mirko Filipovic vs Cheik Kongo
These are the announced fights for now.
Michael Bisping is also sopposed to be on this card, but not sure who he is fighting...

Date : September 8
Venue : The O2
City : London, England

Does anyone else think that Cro Cop is taking a easy fight?
Aether
6/10/07 6:49:09PM
ennnhh I don't know that I would say mirko is taking an easy fight in cheick kongo. This might be more of a test for cheick than it really is a can for mirko. Cheick has pretty good standup.... I'll still put my money on mirko, but I think cheick will put up a fight. He also might have just wanted a standup fighter who was decent but not amazing to see how his cage training has progressed?
cmill21
6/10/07 7:06:07PM
I want someone to fing out if arlovski turned down the fight, or wtf. If Mirko loses he will retire. I'm very confident in Mirko getting the win via head kick in this one.
Naturaldisaster
6/10/07 7:07:44PM
I think cro cop and rampage will win. I hope bisping gets KO'd. with they would have Bisping vs. Hamill. Hamill would run all over bisping
KYGUY07
6/10/07 7:55:19PM
I think my moneys gonna have to go on Rampage, and im gonna ake Kongo over Cro Cop. I hope Bispng gets killed.
Ydoc
6/10/07 8:07:25PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I think cro cop and rampage will win. I hope bisping gets KO'd. with they would have Bisping vs. Hamill. Hamill would run all over bisping

You mean lay all over, don't you? Give Matt some more time, if he can develop some other skills that could be a even better match-up.
DJDark41
6/10/07 8:20:08PM

Posted by cmill21

I want someone to fing out if arlovski turned down the fight, or wtf. If Mirko loses he will retire. I'm very confident in Mirko getting the win via head kick in this one.

He's already said he's gonna fight out his whole contract so...
And yes, I think CroCop is taking an easy fight, but no sense in jumping right into the cage with another A or B Class fighter after a brutal knockout like that.

I'm taking Rampage over Henderson...I don't like Henderson at all. I question how he got the two belts he has...No way should he get a 3rd one, especially against a guy who's on a roll like Rampage is. I'm also excited to see who they put against Bisping for his next fight, they need to give him a guy who's up there...I'd like to see Bisping fight Babalu or Rashad Evans.
cmill21
6/10/07 8:26:26PM
Yeah, I know all about that. He won't lose so we won't have to find out. :) This fight will get his confidence back up, he'll be back to the Mirko of old and show all the UFC only fans that he is as good as everyone says.
goldenone
6/11/07 1:55:16PM
It won't be as easy as you think for Cro Cop. Kongo can fight there's no doubt about that. Still fancy Cro Cop & Rampage but with the recent upsets you can't bank on anything!!!
xchickox
6/11/07 2:02:29PM
i think cro cop will win with a ko but i dont think its gonna be an easy fight, kongo is too powerful for it to be an easy fight for mirko

i've picked rampage to win against hendo, but this is just like the rampage chuck fight, so hard to pick
blkssncpt
6/11/07 2:47:31PM
i think kongo is gonna be i harder fight for crocop then everyone thinks its gonna be but i still favor crocop.... i think kongo gets gased around mid second round. but hendo and rampage it was a hard choice but i picked rampage, that the day after my birthday so its should be a good weekend for me....
kimoron
6/11/07 4:19:00PM
rampage and hendo will be the fight of the night. its really hard to say who will win since they both can but i'm giving rampage the edge in this one. crocop and kongo is another tough one to call. i'm sure most people this this should be a walk in the park for mirko but the same was said when he fought gg and look what happened. im thinking another upset at mirkos expense.
keith-hackney1
6/11/07 5:37:50PM
At last, america's best ufc fighters back on the uk soil, and this time 60 minutes up the m4 motorway from where my bricks are, i gotta get me some tickets.
Dan hollywood henderson will take the belt, CC will ko kongo to get back on track though i dont see why he's taking another eddie sanchez fight in kongo, should fight AA or sylvia.
As for bisping, i hope dana squares him up against one of the next american champ wanna be's and let the count show you americans how we do it over here. Whoever he fights, he'll get the tko or ko, i'll put every fantasy penny i have on that one fight with anyone, i hope it is hammil, coz i know bisping wants to clear him out the way.
I wouldnt be surprised to see showgun put on that card aswell, remember i called it first.
Everyone on this site, any mma fan over the world should be happy that the ufc is showcasing its greatness of this sport to the rest of the world as it puts mma on the map and is begining to spread worldwide fans which very soon will make this one of the best sports on the planet.
Damien6663
6/11/07 6:05:07PM
easy fight for cro cop??? Not if he chooses to stand up with kongo, kongo has legit technical kickboxing skills, and ko power. he does not have the striking prestige of being a very successful k-1 fighter, but the guy has a punchers chance against anyone, and crocop is chiny.

Imo we may see mirko take him down and gnp him, mirko is much better then kongo on the ground (dont get to say that often).
Damien6663
6/11/07 6:06:53PM
Oh and im calling rampage over hendo, i think the size difference will be the factor.
cmill21
6/11/07 7:20:13PM
Yes kongo can strike, but Mirko's on another planet then most fighters in mma when it comes to striking. and by "chiny" do you mean has a weak chin? The TWO times he's been KO'd in MMA the punch/kick that droped him would have drop 99.9% of fighters (not mark hunt for sure) and fedor fed him a # of good shots that he didn't get ko'd with. I think Mirko comes back like he did after the randleman fight, like people seem to think he's never been upset before and he can't bounce back from a devastating KO, the randleman KO was 10x more devastating then the gonzaga one was. Watch it and look at his face after and had he won that fight he would have been going up against fedor the man he wants to fight more then anyone. Mirko will be back in form trained up and ready for the cage, Mirko gets the beautiful KO in under 4 mins.
chuckw94
6/24/07 12:21:51PM
Rampage will be to big and strong for hendo and cro cop will knock out kongo. and i don't like bisping but he's to well rounded for matt hamill.
warglory
6/24/07 12:29:03PM

Posted by cmill21

Yes kongo can strike, but Mirko's on another planet then most fighters in mma when it comes to striking. and by "chiny" do you mean has a weak chin? The TWO times he's been KO'd in MMA the punch/kick that droped him would have drop 99.9% of fighters (not mark hunt for sure) and fedor fed him a # of good shots that he didn't get ko'd with. I think Mirko comes back like he did after the randleman fight, like people seem to think he's never been upset before and he can't bounce back from a devastating KO, the randleman KO was 10x more devastating then the gonzaga one was. Watch it and look at his face after and had he won that fight he would have been going up against fedor the man he wants to fight more then anyone. Mirko will be back in form trained up and ready for the cage, Mirko gets the beautiful KO in under 4 mins.

No way was the Randleman KO more devastating! Randleman had to jump CroCop to truly finish the match, his initial punch was not enough to finish. Gonzaga on the other hand, caused Mirko to crumple under his own weight, that is a hell of a lot more devastating in my book.
cmill21
6/24/07 12:36:44PM
I was talking emotionally. At that point Mirko's only loss was to Big Nog, he was about to face fedor for the first time had he won(anyone who knows anything about Cro Cop knows he wanted to fight fedor...alooooot). He was also younger, had never been KO'd in mma, and he was at that point thought to be unbeatable unless you submitted him. The gonzaga fight was a tough one to take, but the randleman one is a KO that could have decimated his career. He often has cycles like this and if he truly wants to fight and become the champion I think he can, and will.
Piccosaur
6/24/07 1:02:10PM
I think Mirko will come back strong but I don't think he has as much heart as he used to.
cmill21
6/24/07 1:04:20PM
Yeah it's tough to say. I think the only way to guage would be a rematch with fedor. I know he would get really geared up for that fight. I'd like to see Fedor come in, fight sylvia or arlovski, then Mirko fights and beats kongo, then they have their rematch.
Piccosaur
6/24/07 1:07:42PM
I want to see a rematch between Fedor and Mirko, but I think it will result the same it has before. I would rather them both beat up on guys like Arlovski/Sylvia/Cotoure and prove they are the real deal. I guess a rematch wouldn't hurt though.
gutoo
6/24/07 2:15:50PM
A brazillian Website Posted that thiago Alves will back in Septamber in UFC 75 against Forrest Petz