UFC LW

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC LW
POLL: What LW are u most excited to see?
Bj 63% (27)
Jenz 9% (4)
Shaun sherk 9% (4)
Kenny Florian 2% (1)
Other 16% (7)
MMA117
4/16/07 5:13:45AM
What lw fighter are we most excited to see?
jdubs
4/16/07 12:47:27PM
Jens and huerta.. i dont see sherk holding the belt much longer
keith-hackney1
4/16/07 1:01:55PM
Franca the lw champ vs penn in title defence !!!
pv3Hpv3p
4/16/07 1:12:51PM
Def most excited to see Sherk back... He was a solid contender at WW, and I am thinking that he will be a force when he comes back to full strength...

I know he's been out for a long time, but if he rushes his return it might be bad for him...

Personally the only fighter I think that has a chance to beat him in the current LW div is BJ...
nellyhiphophead
4/16/07 1:16:19PM
i picked b.j jsut cause i want to see how he fights at 155 this time around and take the belt from sean cause i know at soem time here i will get tired of sean taking guys down and holding them there and pul out wins.
johny_rotten
4/16/07 1:50:58PM

Posted by jdubs

Jens and huerta.. i dont see sherk holding the belt much longer

I have to agree here. This is dream match up. Both insane BJJ guys with heavy hands. This will be the fight of the year if it happens.
Mastodon2
4/16/07 2:23:03PM
I voted Sherk, but Im looking forward to seeing BJ bashing some suckers up too!
Winslow
4/16/07 2:28:16PM
im very excited to see bj penn, because i want to know if his stamina has gotten better....last time he fought it sucked.
hippysmacker
4/16/07 5:03:13PM
BJ and I hope he stays at that weight and dominates.
xthe_scottx
4/16/07 5:32:09PM
Though BJ is my favorite fighter, I think I'm most excited to see Florian. He is really improving and is going to be a major force in the LW division. He has a great ground game and has now developed good striking. I'm excited for his next fight.
Lay_N_Pray
4/16/07 6:12:59PM
Well obviously Penn vs Pulver will get the shot at whoever is champ at the time and I will say that will be Sherk.

I think Pulver will actually pull out the win and then take down Sherk. However, I see Huerta being the future champ of this division. I'm confident that if he were to get a title shot he would take advantage and take it from whoever was holding the title.
Stickan
4/16/07 7:51:12PM
Edgar and Huerta
-Virus-
4/16/07 8:00:15PM
Its spelt S -e-a-n - S-h-e-r-k and pretty much i wanna see what he can do
The_Metal_Maniac
4/17/07 12:06:39AM
Bj Penn on a tread mill every fighters worst dream.
skiba97
4/17/07 1:37:18AM
Im looking foward to seeing joe stevenson again, im hoping he gets a match against sherk if he beats franca. Im exited to see penn back though, i hope he sticks around this time.
warglory
4/17/07 10:20:43AM

Posted by roncomanjason

Bj Penn on a tread mill every fighters worst dream.

This made me laugh.
MMA
4/17/07 10:25:01AM
I became a Huerta nuthugger after his last fight with Garcia. I don't know if Garcia has weak punches or anything, but Huerta was eating rights and lefts like they were apple pie. He was like the freaking Terminator!

Although I think eventually that will be his downfall. He'll probably meet a strong striker that will pick him apart because of his weak defence.
nate22
4/17/07 10:28:11AM
BJ Penn back to his natural weight, hands down winner.
cowcatcher
4/17/07 11:07:20AM

Posted by MMA

I became a Huerta nuthugger after his last fight with Garcia. I don't know if Garcia has weak punches or anything, but Huerta was eating rights and lefts like they were apple pie. He was like the fcking Terminator!

Although I think eventually that will be his downfall. He'll probably meet a strong striker that will pick him apart because of his weak defence.

it seemed to me like neither one of those guys had ko power, or they had really good chins. either way they both got a new fan here, but BJ is the one i like to watch fight most out of the 4 in the poll. i want to see a lot more of melendez as well, even though i know this is about ufc, he looks like a great fighter and im excited to see him in the GP
keith-hackney1
4/17/07 11:07:37AM
What about franca ? Isnt he in line for sherks first title defense at ufc 71 or 72 ???he's gonna beat sherk.
hippysmacker
4/17/07 2:55:27PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

What about franca ? Isnt he in line for sherks first title defense at ufc 71 or 72 ???he's gonna beat sherk.

Franca's a tough guy Keith. I like to watch him fight, because he's always game, but i'll take Sherk in this one. Send me a wager when the time comes
thanks